Wirefly Order Shipments Pushback 2-3 weeks..FYI
05-30-2012 12:59 PM
- Normally I wouldn't mind waiting, but I'm going out of town on the 28th of this month, and I need to have the phone before I leave. I cancelled my pre-order with Wirefly and ordered directly from Sprint. I'm not losing out on much money because Sprint has free activation and I got $25 back through Ebates, so that's a savings of $61.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums05-12-2012 10:39 PM
- 05-13-2012 12:14 AMLike 2
- 05-13-2012 02:59 AM
- Yeah I decided to go ahead and cancel my order after a phone call to wirefly confirmed the 2-3 week delay. I went with Best Buy they assured me that they would have all the preorders on the 18th. They told me I could use the $50 giftcard towards the purchase of the phone. The thing is I paid $45 to Sprint so they could move up my upgrade a month and a half. So it would be defeating the purpose, otherwise I'd just wait it out :-)
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 205-13-2012 04:09 AM
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums05-13-2012 06:07 AM
- Just got off with a Wirefly rep that told me she had not info on whether shipment will be delayed. Just said that orders will be filled when inventory is received and that I would have to wait until the 18th to check available inventory. I asked why some people were being told 2-3 weeks and she said she didn't know. I think they have been instructed not to say anything so that people won't cancel their orders. My phone is broken, so I can't wait 2-3 more weeks, I will probably cancel my order.
People who preorder from Bestbuy: On the site it says the $50 card will be given 2-3 days after activation, so how will that credit be able to be used towards the purchase of the phone?05-14-2012 09:53 AM
- I think what it ultimately comes down to is Sprint is not telling them how many phones they will get and they are trying to hedge their bets against not getting enough. Depending on how many pre-orders Sprint actually makes which I would think get priority, I bet that number could change greatly. I also imagine retailers such as Best Buy are also getting dibs before other retailers (Except maybe Amazon). I spoke with a Best Buy mobile employee yesterday and it was clear they had no phones yet, they had not seen or touched one yet - So I am sure retailers are in the dark as to what is going on as well. Only Sprint and HTC truly know and they don't appear to be sharing.05-14-2012 10:25 AM
- I did a chat (as mentioned in my previous post) and was told there was no delay. I didn't belive the guy, so I called them this morning and got the same story. After I pressed further, she said "let me put you on hold and check with my manager", and guess what...It's delayed 2-3 weeks. Wirefly is shady folks. I haven't used them before, and won't ever again. I would have had a lot more respect for them if they would have just admitted the truth. Also, they offered nothing to keep me from cancelling, unlike some other people's experience where they were offered BT headsets/ cases, etc.05-14-2012 02:54 PM
- I've been following this thread. I chatted with WF twice today so far. First time, they said 2-3 weeks. I was able to get a free blue tooth for each device, but no case.
The second time, they said WITHIN 2-3 weeks, shipped according to place in queue. Could not tell me where my order was on the queue. I was able to get next day shipping though.
I called Amazon Wireless, and they expect orders to be shipped around May 21. I'm thinking about calling back and asking if they price match. If they can match the $119.99, along with the already advertised free two day shipping, I'm going to cancel WF and go with amazon.05-14-2012 03:53 PM
- So I went into a chat session with WF to cancel my order, and was told this...Diego: We expect your Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE order to ship in the next few days. Sprint has released a new allocation of these devices, and based on your order date, we expect your order to be among those which are shipped and scheduled for activation as soon as these devices arrive at our distribution center.
I placed my order on May 8th, mid day. They did give me a free BT headset as well, although they could not tell me what make/model it is.05-14-2012 06:30 PM
I just called and they are giving me a Bluetooth headset and upgrading me to next day shipping. They stated it would be shipped as soon as the inventory was there. The guy said he shows they will get a shipment on 5/18 and that once its activated it will ship. He assured me that over and over. But stated that they have a 2 to 3 week timeline by protocol. My confirmation screen does not say will ship in 2 to 3 weeks. It states awaiting inventory . Also mince is OOS01 in the corner... dif then yours. Did you order yours the first day?05-14-2012 07:58 PM
- Looks like the delay may be out of Wirefly's hands, and may not be exclusive to wirefly:I just received information from a very reliable internal Sprint source that there is a delay occurring with the shipments of the EVO LTE pre-orders. According to the source, the delay is being caused by HTC and may impact shipments going out as late as May 25th. This may be the cause of the EVO LTE pre-order statuses being changed yesterday for many customers to "back-ordered."
What is not clear yet at this time, if this affects all the pre-orders, or some of the pre-orders. It may be related to the quantities that Sprint will receive from HTC and when. However, there is a reference to software issues being the cause. We will bring you more information as we learn it.
EDIT 11:40 AM MDT: The source believes this will delay the launch to be as late as May 25th. Therefore, it affects stores and third parties as well. Will update with more info as we learn it.
Looks like there is a delay on the EVO LTE pre-order shipments - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates05-15-2012 02:11 PM
- I'm permanently relocating to another state on May 25th. And it looks like wirefly preorders won't be shipped in time. I called my local sprint store, and I was told that they will have a fair amount of the new EVOs in store by this Friday morning.
So if by Friday morning, my Wirefly status is still on "validation", I will cancel the preorder and forgo the savings and just pick up the phone at my local Sprint store.05-15-2012 06:30 PM
- Every new phone i get for the past 5 years, i have never paid a activation
Even if they charge you call *2 and ask them to wave it seeing as you've been a valued customer.
Works for me every single time. I would be quite peeved if i had to pay to activate a phone i'm buying from them on a contract i'm renewing.
Point that out to them05-15-2012 06:43 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
Wirefly Order Shipments Pushback 2-3 weeks..FYI
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD