is Best Buy going to be around next year?

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
2 of the Best Buy's near me closed this week. You think they are going to be around to
cover the insurance IF I per-order from the Best Buy?

hate to get the EVO from Best Buy and it closes it's doors next year.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There down sizing and going with mini stores inside malls. So yes they'll b around

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Theyll be around. They only closed the stores that werent doing well at all. We have 8 best buys here, believe it or not, and none of them were apart of the stores that are closing. I assumed atleast one of the eight would be on the list, but their werent. So im sure theyll be here.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
2 of the Best Buy's near me closed this week. You think they are going to be around to
cover the insurance IF I per-order from the Best Buy?

hate to get the EVO from Best Buy and it closes it's doors next year.

When I asked the guy at Best Buy about the insurance, he said if you decide to buy a new phone before the two years is up, they will prorate you back your money. So I'm assuming you can easily cancel the insurance for any reason. And that's if you choose the plan where you pay $160 upfront which covers you for 2 years. The other is $9.99 a month for 2 years.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy will be around next year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I was reading just last night that some new Mayan calendars have been discovered that go way way past 2012. So Best Buy should be here, unfortunately that means politicians and IPhones will also survive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cbzy11

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy closed i believe 96 big box stores. However, they plan to open 50 best buy mobiles. Most recently in okc, an actual store in the mall, not a kiosk. Cell phones is a profitable business no matter what hand you have in it. Well at least in the US. Increase $ / ft^2 by focusing on cell phones instead of 80" Sharp tvs when you get a better turnover on the phone.

The downside to BBY insurance is you get a refurbished device. Sometimes its cool, sometimes i see the same customers every month because they keep getting evos' with broken micro usb plugs.

All the same, crack the screen and try again. Just takes time to find the perfect screw up.

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Remember K-mart went though this eight or nine years ago. Closed a bunch of stores. They still be around.Lets hope Best Buy don't go the way of Circuit City

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
When I asked the guy at Best Buy about the insurance, he said if you decide to buy a new phone before the two years is up, they will prorate you back your money. So I'm assuming you can easily cancel the insurance for any reason. And that's if you choose the plan where you pay $160 upfront which covers you for 2 years. The other is $9.99 a month for 2 years.

For $160, Best Buy prorates how much $ if you upgrade early?

Just curious as I never bought a phone from them, but maybe I should.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Like if you decide to get a new phone after one year, they'll give you back half of $160.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

Reactions: TBolt

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Like if you decide to get a new phone after one year, they'll give you back half of $160.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

But, doesn't the phone carrier block the early upgrade?

I'll def check out Best Buy for myself next time. I called them about using an upgrade on Y account to upgrade Z - they said they will do it (an "alternate upgrade" ). Amazon couldn't do it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez