1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default NOT going to pre-order the HTC EVO

After some thought I decided I'm just going to walk in a Sprint store on the 18th after work and buy the phone.

What's your thoughts on me able to do this and get my hands on one?
    I think I got a 80% chance

IF you weren't a phone nerd and you were a average joe you don't know the HTC EVO is coming out
    I can honestly say I haven't seen a Sprint HTC EVO advertisement
    have you? besides the Sprint site itself

So I doubt there's going to be lines of people
    plus the GS3 is around the corner and it talks like the Iphone yea *sarcasm*
    Thanked by:

Default Re: NOT going to pre-order the HTC EVO

There was a line for the OG EVO.. granted it was a small line.. but yet there was a line when I went to get it on opening day... so I don't believe you'll get one at the end of a workday...

Just my 2 cents.

I think AlternetConcept is right, but it depends where you go. You'll probably score one at a Radioshack or an obscure Sprint store. Good luck!
    Thanked by:

With the galaxy nexus recently being released, and the SIII coming soon, I have a feeling that you should be able to walk in and buy one no problem. Despite this being an incredible phone, it is not the revolutionary phone that the OG EVO was.

I don't think you will get one, but maybe. When the original EVO came out I went to Best Buy two months later and still had to order one and wait....

Just my 2 cents

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Why wouldn't you preorder if it could save you money? Several people have preordered the HTC EVO LTE for $119, but you'll pay $199 in store. To answer your question, I think the Sprint stores will sell out but quickly get more.

Well, let's look at it from a different angle. I think Sprint is going to have huge distribution problems with this phone. It took them forever to another release date, they are constantly changing their story to people who pre-ordered, wire-fly is delaying orders 2-3 weeks, sounds like some best buy orders are being back ordered, etc.

I wish you luck! Post back in this thread in a week and let us know!

Yep, I agree. I think most people will be able to just walk in and get the new EVO. Hell you can just walk in and get on the list now anyway. But, are you not pre ordering to make a point? Well if not a problem and you have the time, why not pre over to eliminate any possibility of a problem.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Im off launch day Friday, Im gonna head to my local Sprint store soon as they open and hope I get lucky

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well Wirefly are saying it will be 2-3 weeks for shipping, and Amazon is backordered. I think the same thing is going to happen just the way the OG EVO happened. I live near Dayton, OH and I finally was able to buy mine 6 weeks later because it was in high demand here. Best Buy, Radio Shack and Sprint stores was only getting anywhere form 2-8 phones a week, and those was going to people who had preordered them in the store.
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

You have a 50% chance-either you'll get it or you won't
    re:Advertising-while there isn't a huge push there may not have to be to have an effect on availability with 2 million-ish OG Evo owners up for a contract renewal.
    Good luck.

I wouldn't be going after work. Early bird gets the EVO,I mean worm. Time to use a sick day, if you got'em.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

I didn't do the pre-order. I'll be finishing up work early in the morning and be heading straight over to the Sprtint store.
    I haven't seen any advertising on it myself either.

Paul

Since the pre-ordered phones are being mailed out and should be in the hands of those buyers BEFORE the 18th, the chances of getting your new phone on the 18th is probably pretty good, if you get to the store early. I'm sure the stores will have a pretty food number of phones for the walk-in trade. They're probably getting the phones that Wirefly and Amazon were selling as pre-order to make sure their customers can get them in-store (and at $199.99 instead of $149.99).
    Last edited by Ntchwaidumela; 05-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.

I got my OG EVO on launch day at about 1pm in Chesapeake VA. I preordered the 3D. I stood on line before the store opened for the palm pre and I never will again. I will walk in Friday morning and hope for the best.......

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

I really don't see Sprint having the same supply problem they had with the OG EVO. I think that was a lesson learned. That phone was a completely new concept in the Android world, and customers were willing to wait to get their hands on it. But...in this updated Android world...the One series is out there, the GS III is coming soon, the Note may be coming soon, etc., etc. If customers have to wait weeks, or even months, to spend their hard-earned bucks on the "latest and greatest", what could have been sold may not be sold. A phone in the pocket is worth two in the back order bin. I'm just sayin'.

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

I say you have an excellent chance of walking into a store and getting one since a lot of people have left Sprint for other carriers compared to when the original EVO came out.

Plus when the EVO 4G came out, what else was there on sprint that was worth a damn? It was the first real phone they had, it was the first 4G phone, and it was the first of the full new line of Android 2.1 devices in the Nexus One era that made it to sprint.

Of course it sold well.

Nowadays people have upgraded already, have a samsung, an iphone, a 3D, a design, or whatever they have. There's not millions of people with no real phone at all waiting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksapphire08 View Post
    I say you have an excellent chance of walking into a store and getting one since a lot of people have left Sprint for other carriers compared to when the original EVO came out.
    You just might to recheck your numbers. In Q1 of this year Sprint added 263,000 subscribers (). In the quarter that the OG EVO was released they only added 111,000 (http://m.androidcentral.com/sprint-a...second-quarter).