Best Buy OG Evo Trade in !!!!!

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just left Best Buy this afternoon and asked them about there how can I get a new Evo 4G LTE for free????

Guy tells me any original evo working or not gets you 100 towards your new Evo4G LTE, so add that to the 50 dollar freedom gift card plus the 50 dollar pre order gift card = FREE Evo 4G LTE!!!!!

So, check it out in your area!

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
Interesting. The website says original EVO trade in value is $50. And are you sure its whether it works or not?? Mine works, but the screen is cracked. :-\

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. The website says original EVO trade in value is $50. And are you sure its whether it works or not?? Mine works, but the screen is cracked. :-\

The guy says " I didnt tell you this but you can bring in any evo, broken screen whatever, and we will give u the credit!" I am going to confirm if it has to be active on an acct tomorow, or turn on for that matter. If not im buying a broken evo and selling it to best buy!

Reactions: mykrlz182

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The guy says " I didnt tell you this but you can bring in any evo, broken screen whatever, and we will give u the credit!" I am going to confirm if it has to be active on an acct tomorow, or turn on for that matter. If not im buying a broken evo and selling it to best buy!

Keep us updated on this! My sister in law has the og evo, I'll just give her my Evo 3D and trade hers in!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Keep us updated on this! My sister in law has the og evo, I'll just give her my Evo 3D and trade hers in!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Spoke with Best Buy again this morning and was told as long as its an Evo they will take it, even if its broken, not activated etc etc etc. So I just bought two as is units on ebay for 35 each woot. EVO 4G LTE for 34.99 not bad!!

elvis077

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with Best Buy again this morning and was told as long as its an Evo they will take it, even if its broken, not activated etc etc etc. So I just bought two as is units on ebay for 35 each woot. EVO 4G LTE for 34.99 not bad!!

So is there no limit? Like 1 trade in per upgrade etc. or does it even matter if you upgrade? Why not buy dozens of broken evos and trade them in for 100 each?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, just activated my evo to replace my sons evo shift. Bought the evo shift at BB anyway, wonder if they will take that?

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So is there no limit? Like 1 trade in per upgrade etc. or does it even matter if you upgrade? Why not buy dozens of broken evos and trade them in for 100 each?

The official documentation says that the Evos they'll take are "gently used" and that they only accept one phone traded in per customer. The gently-used thing is apparently not true but I'm guessing the limit is.

elvis077

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The official documentation says that the Evos they'll take are "gently used" and that they only accept one phone traded in per customer. The gently-used thing is apparently not true but I'm guessing the limit is.

That makes more sense. I'm hoping the small crack in the screen on my evo isn't an issue. It's not a functionality issue. So I will find out tomorrow.

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That makes more sense. I'm hoping the small crack in the screen on my evo isn't an issue. It's not a functionality issue. So I will find out tomorrow.

Months ago after mine seemed on its way out I filed off the black paint on the outside to give it a red trim layer, which disqualifies it from gently-used qualifications anywhere. I'm hoping they'll take mine too. Combined with the price-match from Walmart that I'll hopefully get tomorrow I may get the phone for free.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, just got back from Best Buy. While not counting the chickens yet, here is what I learned:

The BB salesperson showed me the employee explanation screen. It said customers can get up to $150 in best buy gift cards when getting the Evo lte as follows:

1) $50 by pre ordering
2) $50 for trading in an Evo 4g
3) $50 for turning in a sprint phone when activating a phone on sprint.

The sales person knew about the first two but not the third one. Found it when he did a search after I said I had heard some stores were giving out more than $50.

So that is why some people may be getting what they think is a $100 credit when actually getting two different (but obviously concurrent) $50 credits.

He also said that I could use the cards for the purchase of the phone itself which means it should cost me a total of $49 since I did not have that other $50 upgrade deal some have.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OK, just got back from Best Buy. While not counting the chickens yet, here is what I learned:

The BB salesperson showed me the employee explanation screen. It said customers can get up to $150 in best buy gift cards when getting the Evo lte as follows:

1) $50 by pre ordering

The sales person knew about the first two but not the third one. Found it when he did a search after I said I had heard some stores were giving out more than $50.

So that is why some people may be getting what they think is a $100 credit when actually getting two different (but obviously concurrent) $50 credits.

He also said that I could use the cards for the purchase of the phone itself which means it should cost me a total of $49 since I did not have that other $50 upgrade deal some have.

It's actually a 50 dollar credit for the Evo along with a 50 dollar gift card, and the additional 50 dollar gift card for the pre-order deal. So you have an optional 100 dollars in gift cards, but a dedicated 50 dollar credit. Did you get any information on what state they'd accept Evos in?

You should have also found out if the salesperson would pricematch Walmart :p

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

1) $50 by pre ordering

Can anyone confirm if #3 is true or not?

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

I am also curious because I have a Touch Pro which is a sprint phone that I would love to get $50 for. Think I'm headed to Best Buy to get the scoop. I'll report back.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

sandbag72191

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So just to make everyone clear on the Best Buy trade in deal and how to get the phone virtually free.

So with phone freedom, if you signed up for that back in feburary you were awarded with a 50 dollar gift card on your next upgrade.

Next when you purchase the Evo 4G LTE, you are given a gift card worth 50 dollars but only after you buy the phone.

And lastly when you trade in your Evo 4G you can be awarded at max 50 dollars and in turn best buy will match it. now that is if it is in good condtion not okay or poor.

I hope that clears anything up... let me know if it doesn't
and I will continue to update everyone if it changes.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking it is according to the best buy website HTC EVO Trade-In ISO Offer I've looked at it and added it up over and over and it's basically another $50 they are giving you just for upgrading to a new Sprint phone. Idk, someone else check it out and see if that's how it seems to you. If this the case then I'll get my E4GLTE for free with: $50 off for the Phone Freedom deal they ran in Feb., $50 off for the Pre-Order, $50 off for the Evo Trade In, and $50 off for the Sprint Phone Upgrade!! Not to mention the Wal-mart price match of $50 off that I can hold as an ace in my back pocket. Does that add up or is this extremely wishful thinking because all of the promotions are worded differently to the point where you have no choice but to keep adding the $50's up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair