Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Stupid email sig

    Sigh.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stupid email sig-uploadfromtaptalk1336998230286.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    Fortunately, there's this.

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSsJkyOAgpM[/YT]
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    PhyscoAssassinX's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

    Default

    I hate how many people complain about email signatures, just disable it if you can root you should have no reason complaining about email signatures.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    I just ignore them, they are so common I just don't even pay any attention anymore.

    Occasionally someone uses them in good humor to crack a joke
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinX View Post
    I hate how many people complain about email signatures, just disable it if you can root you should have no reason complaining about email signatures.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I hate how people complain about people complaining about e-mail signatures.

    What's root got to do with it? Just change it in the settings like I showed here.
    KoukiFC3S, delthor7 and Melaza like this.
  6. #6  
    aldrydd's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    Does anyone know the history of manufacturers/carriers inserting these advertisements as the default signatures?

    I'd like to blame Apple for it, as they're the first ones I remember doing it (I don't remember ever seeing it on Treos or other early Windows phones), though that might just be because the iPhone was the first smartphone to be adopted so widely by people who didn't/don't know what they're doing - but that could just be my anti-Apple bias shining through.

    On the one hand, it's kind of a brilliant move - on the other, it's an atrocity.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    I believe the first device to do this was the sidekick years ago on AIM.. anything done with the sidekick would say 'via hiptop'
  8. #8  
    jfenton's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    They all do it.

    Invest a whole minute and a half and change the darn thing already.
    dtreo likes this.
  9. #9  
    zhecht's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinX View Post
    I hate how many people complain about email signatures, just disable it if you can root you should have no reason complaining about email signatures.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  
    ecoleye's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    Mine says:

    Sent from my TI-85
    dtreo likes this.
  11. #11  
    KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Android Connaisseur

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,608 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    I'm changing mine to "Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 HTC EVO 4G LTE Google smartphone powered by the Sprint Now Network. Get yours today on www.sprint.com/evo".
    Love Divine likes this.
  12. #12  
    PhyscoAssassinX's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I hate how people complain about people complaining about e-mail signatures.

    What's root got to do with it? Just change it in the settings like I showed here.
    The point of root is if you can adb.root and flash roms kernels & mods (most people on here) you shouldn't even be the last person complaining about anything that can be easily changed via settings lol, that'd what ticks me off

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinX View Post
    The point of root is if you can adb.root and flash roms kernels & mods (most people on here) you shouldn't even be the last person complaining about anything that can be easily changed via settings lol, that'd what ticks me off

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Why does that tick you off? You aren't allowed to complain about something even if you can fix it?

    Its annoying and obnoxious. I'm happy Gmail app doesn't have a signature by default.
  14. #14  
    Glenn's Avatar

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    I'm sure glad I don't use the default email app.


    Sent from my freakin' laptop.
  15. #15  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    This is a silly thing to moan and groan about.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    Administrator vs Moderator....... i have my money on Phil
  17. #17  
    jmuru's Avatar

    Posts
    158 Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default

    I actually like the signature option. It lets people know I'm on my phone so my responses will be somewhat truncated.

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    Quote Originally Posted by jmuru View Post
    I actually like the signature option. It lets people know I'm on my phone so my responses will be somewhat truncated.

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    Its not even just about the sig...the sig is obnoxious for a default sig. Just have " sent from my phone" if anything.
  19. #19  
    richardrk's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Sent from my Touch Pro2 running Froyo

    That's is... until I get my Evo
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Stupid emaiil sig

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post

    What's root got to do with it?


    ... got to do with it?

    What's root but a second hand emoticon?
    What's root got to do, got to do with it?

    Who needs an I-phone
    When it can't be jail-broken?

    It may seem to you
    That I'm acting confused like a newbie
    When the release date is close to me.

    If I tend to look dazed
    I've read it someplace on the forum
    So, I've got cause to be...

    There's a name for it (do a search)
    There's a phrase that fits (search some more)

    But whatever the reason, Phil
    You do it for me....

    [Chorus]

    I've been thinking of a new direction - yea upgrade!
    But I have to say,
    I've been thinking about my own protection (otterbox)
    It scares me to feel this way -- about a phone!

    [Chorus]

    What's root got to do, got to do with it?
    What's root but a sweet old hacker notion?
    What's root got to do, got to do with it?
    Who needs S-off when dev-unlock is an option!?!



    Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week....
    Last edited by midmofan; 05-15-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    I think it's silly to complain about since it's easily changed, but when I see people who leave the default sig, it just tells me you're too stupid to know how to change it.

    That's my assumption, even if they've left it on purpose as a notice that they are typing on their phone. If that's what they want to convey, why do they think I care if they sent it from Tapatalk or the "Now Network"? I don't. Change it to "Sent from my phone. Forgive typos and/or shortness" or something.

    It's not that annoying...just something I notice and roll my eyes at.
  22. #22  
    manonmoon49's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I think it's silly to complain about since it's easily changed, but when I see people who leave the default sig, it just tells me you're too stupid to know how to change it.

    That's my assumption, even if they've left it on purpose as a notice that they are typing on their phone. If that's what they want to convey, why do they think I care if they sent it from Tapatalk or the "Now Network"? I don't. Change it to "Sent from my phone. Forgive typos and/or shortness" or something.

    It's not that annoying...just something I notice and roll my eyes at.
    I think this thread was created to inform, not complain. Maybe there are some that don't know how to modify their sign yet. New Android owners probably. That really doesn't mean that they are "stupid". Just still in the learning stages of their phone

    Sent from the dungeon I was thrown in for voicing my opinions
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    *shrug* I don't mind it. And like others have said, it's easy to change or delete. Some people actually LIKE advertising their smartphone & network of choice, believe it or not.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Stupid email sig

    S - - T now people are juged on how they use there phone! GOD GROW UP, do people juge you on what you eat!!!!!
  25. #25  
    manonmoon49's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trophyking View Post
    S - - T now people are juged on how they use there phone! GOD GROW UP, do people juge you on what you eat!!!!!
    Vegans do

    Sent from the dummy Evo 4G LTE at the BB Store
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B