Sprint Orders Now On Back-order?

Mrshades

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Just checked my status on Sprint.com/order status, and this is what I see. I ordered on the 7th at 10am PST.

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

:(

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
OH dear, not this again. Yea, I just checked, as above - ordered 6:50 am pst.

I wish I had a good therapy referal service....

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and got the same message, I finalized my order 9 minutes after they went live, kinda wild right now about it. Chatted with a rep who said they can't access that info and adviced me to call the 8292# they have on the status.
:mad:

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on 5/8 at 2:30 via telesales and I'm getting the "back-ordered" message as well. Either they are processing phones sales differently or this is a false alarm but its not what I want to see when we should be within 24 hours of shipping time.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine at 9:30AM EST on the 7th and can confirm that I have the same backordered message. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe it...

mikep7779

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I think they are set to back order once they are boxed. Once they are all boxed the inventory will be released and everyone will get shipping notices.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine at 9:30AM EST on the 7th and can confirm that I have the same backordered message. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe it...

Here's what I'm hoping:

1) This message was generated as a precursor to them generating tracking numbers for our shipments, or

2) It is a normal status change since our orders where in a preorder status for too long (some type of auto status change after 6 days or something like that).

I know, I'm not usually a positive guy, but...

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it will be like Santa....we go to sleep and wake up with presents! ....err.....another crappy status update to piss off for the morning/entire day. Dang.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'm hoping:

1) This message was generated as a precursor to them generating tracking numbers for our shipments, or

2) It is a normal status change since our orders where in a preorder status for too long (some type of auto status change after 6 days or something like that).

I know, I'm not usually a positive guy, but...

I hope you're right.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you sign into Sprint .com go to My Bill, Order History you see another Order Number and Processing for Status. This is normally the prefix for orders when shipped when I checked my past prders. So I hope they just switched from Preorder number to regular order number . they both can be pulled through MyOrder but neither have a tracking number as of yet. Preorder says Backordered , Order has no real info but product code is same on both

Gus...

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine a little after lunch on the 7th (because Sprint's web site was hosing up) and I am also getting this message. You can best believe that I will be calling RIGHT at 8am if not a little before.

Gus...

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Called today. The sprint guy said that this is NOT a typical back order message as they are trying to ship the device early. Says we should receive shipping notices soon and that some already have.

Reactions: ImNoPrince

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Called today. The sprint guy said that this is NOT a typical back order message as they are trying to ship the device early. Says we should receive shipping notices soon and that some already have.

I'm holding you to that lol

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Reactions: IRBanite and Gus...

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone myself and I was told that they don't have a status message for when a pre-order is going into shipping status so rep said EVERYONE who pre-ordered was placed on "back-order" status. Rep said phones are shipping today and tomorrow to have them in peoples hands BEFORE ffriday. Status will change as soon as your device is on a truck..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci