Does multitasking work correctly?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I read about this on xda the other day. :( What got me excited about the OneX and EVOLTE was how HTC implemented the Recent Apps feature. It's like the webOS's card UI, which I liked and missed a lot, because it made multi-tasking so much easier.

If the problem exists in the EVOLTE, I hope HTC addresses it soon.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Funny how people were installing task killers cause they couldn't stand how Android kept things running in the background and now it does it on its own and it's wrong too. Maybe Apple will sue them for copying their sucky multi-tasking and they'll have to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericj12

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site
customized? what the hell are you talking about? the phone cannot multitask anything. Reviewers missed a basic android functionality. I bought the phone based on the reviews I read at android central and I regret it. About to return the phone is HTC cannot come clean on this issue.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What HTC has done with multitasking on this phone is disgusting. They completely effed this phone up just to make room for their crap skin. If I'm watching a YouTube video, stop to open another app and then go back to YouTube, the phone tries to reopen YouTube and can't even do that. Nice going HTC. You took a guy who swore he was only going to buy HTC phones from now on and who convinced two friends to by the One X and turned him into someone who will be buying the GSIII in around a month and won't buy another phone from HTC until they stop with this stupidity.

Reactions: dalex7777

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What HTC has done with multitasking on this phone is disgusting. They completely effed this phone up just to make room for their crap skin. If I'm watching a YouTube video, stop to open another app and then go back to YouTube, the phone tries to reopen YouTube and can't even do that. Nice going HTC. You took a guy who swore he was only going to buy HTC phones from now on and who convinced two friends to by the One X and turned him into someone who will be buying the GSIII in around a month and won't buy another phone from HTC until they stop with this stupidity.

Ooops. Right rant, wrong thread. Sorry.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I love you guys, but I think that's kind of a silly spin on it to be honest.

Completely agree. How did EVERY review site miss this?
everybody check this, reboot your one X. With no tasks running go to task manager. Look at free RAM I have 228 MB Free. The One GB reported by about/hardware seems to be a crock as well. Add the available to the total in task manager and you get ~670 MB. Where's the additional 330?
The Kernel alone is taking up 160 MB.
I'm taking mine back for a refund and grabbing a GSM GNex. As much as I hate Sammy I want a 720p phone. Buying anything else in AT&T's stable is a step backward.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is crappy, I work in a building with pretty low coverage (just like almost everyone with Sprint). So i will load a web site and shoot over to Twitter or Facebook while it loads. The fact that sense may force Chrome to close when I go to Twitter, then have to reload the web page when I come back defeats the purpose.

It sounds like how the iPhone handles multitasking. If I wanted something to run like the iPhone I would just buy the iPhone.

Reactions: dalex7777