Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Default Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

I have a rep telling me that Sprint hasn't decided to delay shipments because of this issue. LOL Might not be up to Sprint if they are hung up at customs.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM and Kernel

Thumbs up Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

This is classic gamesmanship by Apple. This can be resolved by HTC by providing us with either Beats Headphones at no additional charge or a $50 gift card, with an apology from them saying that they wanted us to have the premier smartphone since the first EVO 4G on time.

Quote Originally Posted by mp35789 View Post
    talking to a rep on the phone right now and he says that all their employees would have been notified of a delay if there was one. still not sure this guy really knows what he's talking about though seeing as he didn't even know when the phone was supposed to be released -.- /sigh now i'm waiting for him to ask a higher up on hold lol
    We must be talking to the same person or we are getting a canned response.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by johnshaft View Post
    This is classic gamesmanship by Apple. This can be resolved by HTC by providing us with either Beats Headphones at no additional charge or a $50 gift card, with an apology from them saying that they wanted us to have the premier smartphone since the first EVO 4G on time.

I'll take a $50 gift card over Beats headphones any day.
    johnshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krcm0209 View Post
    I'll take a $50 gift card over Beats headphones any day.
    +1!!!!!!

Then I'd be able to get Max Payne 3 for less than $20 cash
    johnshaft likes this.

I'm not as angry at Apple for filing as many ridiculous patents as they can, than I am at the patent system for blindly allowing those things to be patented. The patent system is essentially saying "Who cares who invented it, who cares if it's a distinct and unique technology rather than an extremely general idea, you can have whatever patents you want!"
    Thanked by:
    DWR_31 
    Technosticrati likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
    We must be talking to the same person or we are getting a canned response.
    right? lol this is such a pain :/

Gonna call my best buy on Thursday when they prob have gotten an official word.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Im guessing pretty much all the pre orders will be filled and stores in larger cities will have limited stock, after that it may be a little bit of a wait

i'll take a month of service credit...got 3 phones on preorder...no tracking number and the chat rep says "sprint hasn't informed us of any delays". sad i can't find anything on the htc or sprint site indicating delay either.

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I would understand customs searching for "security" purposes, but seriously, copyright infringements are for courts, not to hold up our tax dollars and get all "army" on that azz. Lame!
    Thanked by:

Customs has stopped the shipments to verify that the offending issues have been removed from these phones like HTC promised they would be. If HTC has indeed changed the offending software issues then the phones will be released. I don't believe that HTC would release the phone violating a court order and gamble that no one would notice but I don't believe that this is the proper time for this. HTC and Sprint should not have to have their shipments intercepted like they are some sort of drug deal. If the phones are sold and continue to violate the court order then they should be stopped and HTC should then be fined but don't do this now. This is just plain stupid.

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfett79 View Post
    Customs has stopped the shipments to verify that the offending issues have been removed from these phones like HTC promised they would be. If HTC has indeed changed the offending software issues then the phones will be released. I don't believe that HTC would release the phone violating a court order and gamble that no one would notice but I don't believe that this is the proper time for this. HTC and Sprint should not have to have their shipments intercepted like they are some sort of drug deal. If the phones are sold and continue to violate the court order then they should be stopped and HTC should then be fined but don't do this now. This is just plain stupid.
    Checking software dockside is just plain stupid. There is more to this rumor than we know.

I just went through multiple channels and also have received an email from Amazon on this issue. I have been told that preorders of the Sprint EVO LTE will not be delayed. (just thought that some as concerned as I was may be wondering). However this was Amazon...there could be delays for the many other outlets including Sprint Stores. But if anybody preordered from Amazon this should give you some peace of mind. I have no problem sharing a copy of the email from Amazon. This was not an automated email...this was a reply to my inquiry on this issue. I was also verbally given an answer on this over the phone after going through multiple levels of supervisors etc...
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

And I was just told by a Sprint Supervisor over live chat that "The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue."

***Edit to add that I pre-ordered from Sprint's website at 9:05 AM on 5/7/12
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by chinesejake View Post
    And I was just told by a Sprint Supervisor over live chat that "The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue."

Thanks for your quick response...I am more inclined to believe the Sprint Supervisor than what I just posted on Amazon...I wish we had a more direct response from Sprint without having to inquire...or from anyone we all may have preorders with. Something beyond what we all know from HTC.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    This is fraud perpetrated by Sprint and HTC for all pre-orders. They took our money knowing that this April deadline was put in place by the ITC, knowing that they would not be able to fulfill all the pre-orders.
    Where does fraud exist in this?

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

grab the thickest aluminum you can find, quick! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Where does fraud exist in this?
    Agreed...don't see fraud...personally I am just being impatient... Also wondering if I should be signing another contract with Sprint knowing that there will be no LTE in my area for atleast another year or more....but that's a discussion for another thread and makes me even more impatient...
    Thanked by 2:
    jalaazulRy 

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by vdc530 View Post
    I may be dying to get this phone, but at least I'm not dead like Steve jobs.

I win.
    for now, he he.
    Thanked by:
    DWR_31 

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chinesejake View Post

Its very simple, if HTC were in violation of the order, wouldn't the violation have been caught on the One X? Not to mention Sprint has been giving out EVO LTE's for review for the past month. I am sure somewhere an Apple engineer had their hands all over an EVO LTE by now. I believe this is much to do about nothing.

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by oneAwake View Post
    Its very simple, if HTC were in violation of the order, wouldn't the violation have been caught on the One X? Not to mention Sprint has been giving out EVO LTE's for review for the past month. I am sure somewhere an Apple engineer had their hands all over an EVO LTE by now. I believe this is much to do about nothing.
    Nothing about patent infringements, that is for sure, right? I mean, have we stepped to the level of slugs? Lynch-mob is forming...

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judacles View Post
    Screw Apple

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Nothing about patent infringements, that is for sure, right? I mean, have we stepped to the level of slugs? Lynch-mob is forming...
    Did you not read my comment, do you comprehend what I said? Speaking of patents. The patent in question is something Apple acquired after the fact, other words, HTC was using the patent before Apple owned it. The compliance order and subsequent inspection is to make sure HTC removed the patent, not that HTC has been caught using it.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vdc530 View Post
    Sprint insiders everywhere are starting to confirm what's below...

Sprint Launch Delay (insidesprintnow.wordpress.com)

FULL Launch DELAY
    No pre-orders will be shipped
    No HTC EVO 4G LTE devices will be sold in stores on 5/18
    Internal conversations put the launch delay at least 10 days out, however that’s up to customs and a court right now.

Damn that cancer ridden ****, he's even a pain in the neck from beyond the grave.
    I reiterate, Customs has no jurisdiction over stock already in the warehouse. Only a court order can delay the shipments and launch. After all, it was Customs who allowed the initial shipment.

Forgot this:
    In continuation of our earlier post – we can now [HL](un)officially[/HL] confirm that the FULL launch of the HTC EVO 4G LTE is now officially delayed. This is very preliminary, however, as of 11PM tonight, we can report
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast