HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs for i

rtlsnke

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

What say you Phil and Jerry? You have an EVO 4G LTE does it appear to violate the patent?

Reactions: DWR_31

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

It's funny that I just chatted with a sales rep on sprint.com/myorder that said had access to my "order" and she said that it is supposed to be here before or on Friday, May 18th, 2012. I asked her about the custom issues and she acted like she knew about it but didn't specifically state anything. Sh e called the release date the "launch date," which coincidentally, is what the status update on our orders have. It's the first time I've heard any employee call it that. I don't know what to think. You'd think Sprint would be the first to tell people about any delays, because the longer they don't and the closer it gets to Friday, more people are going to be irate.

bbtitanium

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

It appears to be just a tactic to affect these top of the line devices, why isn't the HTCe One S being held also?

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
From speaking to a Best Buy corporate Rep, she stated that she didn't get any changes to Friday's release date so until then....its still a go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mp35789

May 5, 2012
Visit site

From speaking to a Best Buy corporate Rep, she stated that she didn't get any changes to Friday's release date so until then....its still a go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
talking to a rep on the phone right now and he says that all their employees would have been notified of a delay if there was one. still not sure this guy really knows what he's talking about though seeing as he didn't even know when the phone was supposed to be released -.- /sigh now i'm waiting for him to ask a higher up on hold lol

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I have a rep telling me that Sprint hasn't decided to delay shipments because of this issue. LOL Might not be up to Sprint if they are hung up at customs.

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

This is classic gamesmanship by Apple. This can be resolved by HTC by providing us with either Beats Headphones at no additional charge or a $50 gift card, with an apology from them saying that they wanted us to have the premier smartphone since the first EVO 4G on time.

:cool:

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site

talking to a rep on the phone right now and he says that all their employees would have been notified of a delay if there was one. still not sure this guy really knows what he's talking about though seeing as he didn't even know when the phone was supposed to be released -.- /sigh now i'm waiting for him to ask a higher up on hold lol

We must be talking to the same person or we are getting a canned response.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site

This is classic gamesmanship by Apple. This can be resolved by HTC by providing us with either Beats Headphones at no additional charge or a $50 gift card, with an apology from them saying that they wanted us to have the premier smartphone since the first EVO 4G on time.

:cool:

I'll take a $50 gift card over Beats headphones any day.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm not as angry at Apple for filing as many ridiculous patents as they can, than I am at the patent system for blindly allowing those things to be patented. The patent system is essentially saying "Who cares who invented it, who cares if it's a distinct and unique technology rather than an extremely general idea, you can have whatever patents you want!"

Reactions: DWR_31

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Gonna call my best buy on Thursday when they prob have gotten an official word.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Im guessing pretty much all the pre orders will be filled and stores in larger cities will have limited stock, after that it may be a little bit of a wait

snick8467

May 14, 2012
Visit site

i'll take a month of service credit...got 3 phones on preorder...no tracking number and the chat rep says "sprint hasn't informed us of any delays". sad i can't find anything on the htc or sprint site indicating delay either.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I would understand customs searching for "security" purposes, but seriously, copyright infringements are for courts, not to hold up our tax dollars and get all "army" on that azz. Lame!

Reactions: vhira82

mrfett79

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Customs has stopped the shipments to verify that the offending issues have been removed from these phones like HTC promised they would be. If HTC has indeed changed the offending software issues then the phones will be released. I don't believe that HTC would release the phone violating a court order and gamble that no one would notice but I don't believe that this is the proper time for this. HTC and Sprint should not have to have their shipments intercepted like they are some sort of drug deal. If the phones are sold and continue to violate the court order then they should be stopped and HTC should then be fined but don't do this now. This is just plain stupid.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Customs has stopped the shipments to verify that the offending issues have been removed from these phones like HTC promised they would be. If HTC has indeed changed the offending software issues then the phones will be released. I don't believe that HTC would release the phone violating a court order and gamble that no one would notice but I don't believe that this is the proper time for this. HTC and Sprint should not have to have their shipments intercepted like they are some sort of drug deal. If the phones are sold and continue to violate the court order then they should be stopped and HTC should then be fined but don't do this now. This is just plain stupid.

Checking software dockside is just plain stupid. There is more to this rumor than we know.

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I just went through multiple channels and also have received an email from Amazon on this issue. I have been told that preorders of the Sprint EVO LTE will not be delayed. (just thought that some as concerned as I was may be wondering). However this was Amazon...there could be delays for the many other outlets including Sprint Stores. But if anybody preordered from Amazon this should give you some peace of mind. I have no problem sharing a copy of the email from Amazon. This was not an automated email...this was a reply to my inquiry on this issue. I was also verbally given an answer on this over the phone after going through multiple levels of supervisors etc...

Reactions: Ry

chinesejake

May 11, 2012
Visit site

And I was just told by a Sprint Supervisor over live chat that "The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue."

***Edit to add that I pre-ordered from Sprint's website at 9:05 AM on 5/7/12

Reactions: Ry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui