HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs for i

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

Everyone should be mad at HTC. They knew this was something that needed to be fixed since back in December. Now if It turns out HTC did nothing to fix it. Shame on them. This certainly wasn't a last minute type thing. They had PLENTY of notice.

nth_79

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I texted him a phone number this morning and when he tapped at it, it opened up the phone dialer app, ready to dial.

Cool. So, now I wonder why it's so hard for the ITC to figure out if the phone is infringing or not... Perhaps it's more complicated than we think it is. Or maybe HTC's strategy of removing the options wasn't sufficient? I'm not quite sure why that would be.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Everyone should be mad at HTC. They knew this was something that needed to be fixed since back in December. Now if It turns out HTC did nothing to fix it. Shame on them. This certainly wasn't a last minute type thing. They had PLENTY of notice.
This.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

This is classic gamesmanship by Apple. This can be resolved by HTC by providing us with either Beats Headphones at no additional charge or a $50 gift card, with an apology from them saying that they wanted us to have the premier smartphone since the first EVO 4G on time.

:cool:

i'll take a month of service credit...got 3 phones on preorder...no tracking number and the chat rep says "sprint hasn't informed us of any delays". sad i can't find anything on the htc or sprint site indicating delay either.

I posted this in another thread, but people like this really irritate me...

Just incredible. I'm amazed at the way people are acting over all of this.

I pre-ordered my phone just like everyone else and guess what? Sprint has my $200. Big deal. I'll have a phone that is paid for on my doorstep once this is all cleared up. I'm not mad at Sprint or HTC or Apple. People should be upset that the USPTO would grant a patent for something
like this. Taxpayer money being wasted on clearing up issues like this. Those should be the real issues that people talk about. But no, you didn't get your phone so Sprint sucks and I was free stuff...

And this is why I have a general dislike for people.

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered my phone just like everyone else and guess what? Sprint has my $200. Big deal. I'll have a phone that is paid for on my doorstep once this is all cleared up. I'm not mad at Sprint or HTC or Apple. People should be upset that the USPTO would grant a patent for something
like this. Taxpayer money being wasted on clearing up issues like this. Those should be the real issues that people talk about. But no, you didn't get your phone so Sprint sucks and I was free stuff...

You are absolutely right.
Wonder how old they really are.

anon(603471)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I'm 26 and when I voiced my opinion on another thread, a guy flipped as if I was yelling at him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This has nothing to do with anything really, but I enjoy seeing other PC36100 in the new Evo threads. My first smartphone 2 years ago was the same evo I'm sending this on. And I pre-ordered the new one as soon as I could. I love this phone and am glad to see other people staying with the Evo line.
Hopefully this all gets resolved as soon as possible.

Reactions: SlackBlade

Tony99f18

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You guys are getting way off topic. Post something legit or don't post at all!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

And Sprint is giving people an out if they want to cancel.

And more than half of the posters here blame Apple when they should blame the system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

When you pay money in THIS COUNTRY you don't get a excuse. You get what you paid for. If you don't like people a forum isn't a place to spend your time. For the record I'm a 28 yr old D-77 motor mechanic who loves HTC but did not pre-order this phone because I use Wimax everyday and need 4g but if I did pre order I'd tell Sprint to keep the200 and put it towards ETF and go to Verizon or AT&T who ALREADY HAS 4glte. A multibillion dollar corporation (HTC or sprint you choose) with a legal department full of lawyers who make at least double what I do should have foreseen this. Since when does a company with a legal department not keep up with current rulings and injunctions regarding said companys field of operations. A week after CITA this makes Sprint look like a joke. that $200 you guys paid for that phone I pay every month and for what. Crappy Wimax, the promise of a lte network that other carriers already have, a crappy 3g signal. Last I checked this was America and people can voice frustration. Again I didn't preorder this phone. But if that damn lte network was already up and running you can bet I would have, hence the reason I Watch this forum. And I'm not happy with sprint. when you pay $2400 a year on service plus an additional $400 or so on a new phone you can complain and ask for whatever the hell you want. You handle it your way and they'll deal with it in theirs. But if anyone wants to tell me this couldn't have been foreseen by either HTC or sprint I simply don't believe it. Even if the injunction was put into effect 2 days ago there is no legal ruling that can't be prepared for. The injunction didn't just drop out the sky. someone in some legal department should have been keeping Tabs on that case and someone at HTC should have had a contingency plan

bgsherris

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

When you pay money in THIS COUNTRY you don't get a excuse. You get what you paid for. If you don't like people a forum isn't a place to spend your time. For the record I'm a 28 yr old D-77 motor mechanic who loves HTC but did not pre-order this phone because I use Wimax everyday and need 4g but if I did pre order I'd tell Sprint to keep the200 and put it towards ETF and go to Verizon or AT&T who ALREADY HAS 4glte. A multibillion dollar corporation (HTC or sprint you choose) with a legal department full of lawyers who make at least double what I do should have foreseen this. Since when does a company with a legal department not keep up with current rulings and injunctions regarding said companys field of operations. A week after CITA this makes Sprint look like a joke. that $200 you guys paid for that phone I pay every month and for what. Crappy Wimax, the promise of a lte network that other carriers already have, a crappy 3g signal. Last I checked this was America and people can voice frustration. Again I didn't preorder this phone. But if that damn lte network was already up and running you can bet I would have, hence the reason I Watch this forum. And I'm not happy with sprint. when you pay $2400 a year on service plus an additional $400 or so on a new phone you can complain and ask for whatever the hell you want. You handle it your way and they'll deal with it in theirs. But if anyone wants to tell me this couldn't have been foreseen by either HTC or sprint I simply don't believe it. Even if the injunction was put into effect 2 days ago there is no legal ruling that can't be prepared for. The injunction didn't just drop out the sky. someone in some legal department should have been keeping Tabs on that case and someone at HTC should have had a contingency plan

YOU SAID IT!!!

Damn right in every aspect! This situation make both HTC and Sprint look like bush-leaguers! Damn embarrassing!

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site

The pre-order flash screen is back on the Sprint site, but it still says coming soon when you go to the shopping page. Weird.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I think compensation is fair for having announced a release date that they weren't 100% sure they could fulfill... other than that yeah it's not their fault the phones will be late but if there was even a .0001% chance that something could prevent the May 18th release date then they shouldn't have announced it.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

HEY!I just got shipping confirmation!!! OMG taking a pic rite now, will upload!

They must have cleared it up. Check your emails!

I swear to god if your trolling I will do something drastic...

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so there probably going to allow the retailers who have it in stock, to go on with the sales until they can get that resolved. Corporations still have to make money.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

HEY!I just got shipping confirmation!!! OMG taking a pic rite now, will upload!

They must have cleared it up. Check your emails!

Upload that shiz! This would be your first troll if you trolling. Cmon man, please be true!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks