HTC EVO LTE sold out on Sprint.com

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Not only have they changed it to sold out but they have removed any mention of a release date it now just says coming soon

sent from galaxy tab 2

Reactions: Ry

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
While I feel sorry for everyone who pre ordered, this works out for me since I'm eligible for and upgrade that I didn't know about on June 1st. I brought a Evo 3D in June so I thought I had another year left. I was going to do the early up program but decided to wait out the two weeks instead of paying another fee. Now I'm glad I couldn't pre order like I normally do.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
All the sold out status means is that Sprint has decided it better stop taking orders for product it does not have and cannot get.

Does not change the fact that Sprint sold product and charged credit cards several million dollars for items not in thier posession nor able to ship. I suspect the banks will be involved soon and they have violated thier CC acceptance rules as well. This whole fiasco is going to cost Sprint money and worse, public opinion that they sorely need.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
All the sold out status means is that Sprint has decided it better stop taking orders for product it does not have and cannot get.

Does not change the fact that Sprint sold product and charged credit cards several million dollars for items not in thier posession nor able to ship. I suspect the banks will be involved soon and they have violated thier CC acceptance rules as well. This whole fiasco is going to cost Sprint money and worse, public opinion that they sorely need.

How have they violated anything? Were any of those people lied to? I don't think so. The devices are here and awaiting release to Sprint (and others) after the ITC and ICE review. But Sprint never guaranteed anyone a device by a specific date. Furthermore, when most people pre-ordered I doubt Sprint had many, if any, devices on hand to fill those orders.

My guess is that everyone was in the dark on this, including Sprint. As recently as Monday, they were touting the 18th as THE DAY! They have a huge amount of egg on their face, but it doesn't take more than a 3rd grade education to realize how easy, from a public relations standpoint, Sprint and ATT can both come out of this smelling like a rose, HTC looking a little silly and Apple looking like the Big Bad Wolf.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
How does it feel?

Uhhh....... that was sarcasm. I wasn't really preordering a new device at midnight 2 days before the release and certainly not 4 hours after the news of this fiasco. I should have put the wink wink face on here. Except it looks stupid.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I suspect the banks will be involved soon and they have violated thier CC acceptance rules as well.

How did this violate anything? Many companies take CC at the time of the sale and deliver at a later time. Many time when a product is in high demand the only way to reserve one is put your money where your mouth is. If someone doesn't want to put the money up front they should look at BB or other resources.