It's going to be awesome when we go pick up this phone

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
and while the account details and all that are getting setup you can just bash Apple and talk about how jacked up the patent system is and how immature Apple was when it came to this situation. Nothing I like better than ranting with the facts on my side.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
and while the account details and all that are getting setup you can just bash Apple and talk about how jacked up the patent system is and how immature Apple was when it came to this situation. Nothing I like better than ranting with the facts on my side.

Come on. Do you think the fanboys base anythjng on facts? Remember. "They" were the ones that created the video chat with facetime. Even though their phones didn't even have a front facing camera when the Evo 4G came out with Qik for Sprint. Siri was "Their" genius idea even the Voice Command existed WAY before Siri was even thought of. Delusion is a powerful trait...

Sent from the now antique Evo 3D which can now be found at the Smithsonian

Reactions: anon(603471)

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know it does no good to try and talk to Apple people about the facts, my best friend is one of them and the hypocrisy in how he excuses everything Apple is, but also hates corporations and greed is truly laughable.

I'm just saying that while I sit at Best Buy I'm going to have plenty to talk about if there is any awkward silence.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here is a real funny story. I work with an Apple bigot. He is all things Apple and rails against Android at any chance he gets.

Late yesterday afternoon I was talking to him about the new EVO 4G LTE that I'm getting (yes, I will get this phone!) and he starts in on the "oh, another iPhone knock off...blah, blah, blah." I knew he was completely in the dark about this import ban issue so I took advantage of his ignorance.

I told him I wanted to show him something that Apple is trouble for -- and texted him my phone number. I told him to click on the phone number and sure enough, up pops the menu asking what he would like to do with it. I told him "Guess what, Apple stole that from Nokia. Nokia has a patent on that feature and they are going to sue Apple and get either Apple to remove the feature or iPhones will not be able to be sold in the U.S."

Needless to say he went ballistic. Saying stuff like "That is crap, you can't patent something as simple as that.... This existed before Nokia had it, I had a BlackBerry that had that functionality 6 years ago... I hope Apple fights this to the death.... etc., etc., etc.

I then went on to fill him in on the real story, and why I didn't have my new shiny EVO 4G LTE today.... His response? "Oh, bummer".

cmurgia

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Here is a real funny story. I work with an Apple bigot. He is all things Apple and rails against Android at any chance he gets.

Late yesterday afternoon I was talking to him about the new EVO 4G LTE that I'm getting (yes, I will get this phone!) and he starts in on the "oh, another iPhone knock off...blah, blah, blah." I knew he was completely in the dark about this import ban issue so I took advantage of his ignorance.

I told him I wanted to show him something that Apple is trouble for -- and texted him my phone number. I told him to click on the phone number and sure enough, up pops the menu asking what he would like to do with it. I told him "Guess what, Apple stole that from Nokia. Nokia has a patent on that feature and they are going to sue Apple and get either Apple to remove the feature or iPhones will not be able to be sold in the U.S."

Needless to say he went ballistic. Saying stuff like "That is crap, you can't patent something as simple as that.... This existed before Nokia had it, I had a BlackBerry that had that functionality 6 years ago... I hope Apple fights this to the death.... etc., etc., etc.

I then went on to fill him in on the real story, and why I didn't have my new shiny EVO 4G LTE today.... His response? "Oh, bummer".

Now that's just plain FUNNY!!!

KerkedAgain

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

... Bump... Set.. Nicely played!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

You sir have made my day

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca