What is it they're checking at customs, exactly?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

I know why the phone is being held up and all that good stuff...and I know that it's due to an ITC Exclusion Order...

But...what feature of the device, exactly, are they making sure is in accordance to that order? What is it they're checking to see that HTC is infringing upon?

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm wondering. How the hell hard is it to open the box, power it on and say yup it passes. Which begs the question how do they even know what to look for?

9 most scary words in the English language:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

Reactions: icewater106

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
And Customs is not checking anything , They are just waiting for ITC to allow for the import of the HTC ; This is where I see the biggest issue it's not going to happen fast . It just never moves quick when dealing with Customs

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just wish they'd get 'em going again so we can stop posting about the delay and start posting about how much we hate our new, thoroughly bug ridden, disappointing p.o.s. phones.

O:)

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just wish they'd get 'em going again so we can stop posting about the delay and start posting about how much we hate our new, thoroughly bug ridden, disappointing p.o.s. phones.

O:)

How you hate it hater

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And Customs is not checking anything , They are just waiting for ITC to allow for the import of the HTC ; This is where I see the biggest issue it's not going to happen fast . It just never moves quick when dealing with Customs

But you said it yourself, customs isn't the one actually holding this up. It's not like they decided to inspect a shipment of bananas from the Dominican Republic.

They're simply holding the shipment until they get approval to release it from the ITC. It should then be a matter of a few forms and the shipment will be released.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well Customs sure does have a very inconsistent manner of checking incoming shipments if the previous sets of One X devices weren't checked and made it to the US with no problem....

But now, all of the sudden, they wanna check Sprint's shipment.... o_O

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well Customs sure does have a very inconsistent manner of checking incoming shipments if the previous sets of One X devices weren't checked and made it to the US with no problem....

But now, all of the sudden, they wanna check Sprint's shipment.... o_O

Most likely they all made it in before the April 19th deadline imposed by the ITC.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Most likely they all made it in before the April 19th deadline imposed by the ITC.

Agreed and remember they may have been sitting in the UPS depot Cleared and waiting to be sent out. Once they clear they clear and can't be pulled back

This new shipment along with the 4gLTEs may have came in anytime between the 19th and say yesterday and even if labels were made they are still in a holding area i would think..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae