Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?

Voters
459. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    36 7.84%
  • HTC

    103 22.44%
  • Sprint and HTC

    172 37.47%
  • Noone

    148 32.24%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 146
Like Tree113Likes
  1. #101  
    johnshaft's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM and Kernel

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This sense of entitlement baffles me...how about you call in and cancel your order. I didnt preorder so I'm unsure if you are required to wait until the device arrives to return it or if you can call in and cancel your order and get your money back. If you can indeed call in and cancel then do that...get your money back...and get a different phone. Or wait...but they dont "owe" you anything for free. They cant control the patent laws. They are victims of this just like the consumer. You think they wanted this to happen?
    I think that the original post does have some merit and only brings up a question on how to quell an escalating situation. How you can comment on something you didn't fork out $200 for and criticize others for requesting compensation baffles me. It's not about entitlement. It's about doing the right thing for consumers who did not see this coming. Sprint or HTC could be doing some sort of damage control.

    Right now, we don't know how this is going to turn out. The phone could be released from customs next week, next month or later, and all we have seen is press clippings and reports from an insider blog. If you are going to have an event in NYC announcing the product and being out in front of it, don't be hiding from the public now that the balloon had the air escape from it as everyone is looking for answers and updates as to what is going on. No media press conference to be found, yet they can spends millions on commercials for a product that is either not available or only partially available to those fortunate to have purchased it sooner. My two cents. Keep the change (unless it's over $200).
    Last edited by johnshaft; 05-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Thanked by:
  2. #102  
    brybry2's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    NO way. This is not Sprint or HTC's falt. Why would you think they should give you something. These things happen when dealing with customs. They can hold up anything they want at anytime.
  3. #103  
    true1984's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    ROM
    Newt's ICS rom with Sense

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    If anyone should offer compensation it should be apple for trying to sue for a feature the iPhone can't even use
  4. #104  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brybry2 View Post
    NO way. This is not Sprint or HTC's falt. Why would you think they should give you something. These things happen when dealing with customs. They can hold up anything they want at anytime.
    The end user shouldn't be dealing with customs. This should have been solved months ago! Sprint and HTC made a big mistake.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This sense of entitlement baffles me...how about you call in and cancel your order. I didnt preorder so I'm unsure if you are required to wait until the device arrives to return it or if you can call in and cancel your order and get your money back. If you can indeed call in and cancel then do that...get your money back...and get a different phone. Or wait...but they dont "owe" you anything for free. They cant control the patent laws. They are victims of this just like the consumer. You think they wanted this to happen?
    I'm not sure where you draw up that I have proposed to be entitled to anything other than that of appreciation as a customer. I never said that they owe me anything nor that they are 100% responsible for the situation.

    As far as the cancelling you would have to wait to receive your shipment and refuse it or ask for a return kit.
    CANCELLING HAS REPORTEDLY BECOME EASIER AS SPRINT STARTS TO HELP CUSTOMERS...http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/...SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILS
    I am aware that they can't control patent laws but I am sure that HTC could have refrained from infringing on the patent in the first place, I will note that if Apple was aware that they infringed on this patent then HTC should be well aware of it as well. Sprint could have handled the situation better and been more forthcoming with information. I am not entitled to anything but I do believe that business should be conducted appropriately, and that hasn't happened here.
    Last edited by learntall; 05-19-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Found article claiming Sprint is helping the cancellation process along.
    Thank You, Come Again!
    johnshaft likes this.
  6. #106  
    johnshaft's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM and Kernel

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by brybry2 View Post
    NO way. This is not Sprint or HTC's falt. Why would you think they should give you something. These things happen when dealing with customs. They can hold up anything they want at anytime.
    Is it safe to say that you are faulting Apple with making the call to customs, because they didn't know what shipment to stop or for what reason?
  7. #107  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by learntall View Post
    You obviously didn't read back to my previous posts at all, if your going to draw conclusions on one post and take it completely out of context you could have at least read through the thread a little better. I would do your homework a lil better before assuming what I'm saying.
    I read every post in this thread before I responded. Saying you're not owed anything out of one side of your mouth (so you don't get tagged with "entitled") while talking about how you expect a good will gesture out of the other side (even creating a poll about who exactly owes you this gesture) doesn't cut it. At least not in my book.

    Sh*t happens.
    Thanked by:
  8. #108  

    Default

    I don't care about any of the "in between the lines" stuff....just give me my EVO 4G LTE before I change my mind.

    Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.
    cruiserandmax likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I read every post in this thread before I responded. Saying you're not owed anything out of one side of your mouth (so you don't get tagged with "entitled") while talking about how you expect a good will gesture out of the other side (even creating a poll about who exactly owes you this gesture) doesn't cut it. At least not in my book.

    Sh*t happens.
    I'm sorry that you have the need to read into a post and twist it in some form or another. I do not appreciate people putting words in my mouth. You are entitled to your opinion and I value it no matter what it may be, but please refrain from speaking for me. If you did read the other posts then you should be able to appreciate my opinion from my point of view without adding words for me. I posted several comments and they don't mean anything more than the exact words that are written, if for some reason you found them offensive I apologize as I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am, after all, entitled to my opinion as well.
    Last edited by learntall; 05-20-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Extra quote
    Thank You, Come Again!
    Thanked by:
    johnshaft and Hurleygm like this.
  10. #110  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by learntall View Post
    ...if for some reason you found them offensive I apologize as I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am, after all, entitled to my opinion as well.
    proper respect shown to someone who disagrees with you. A very rare thing in the real world and far less common in the online world. Very well done. My hat is off to you.

    sent from my brain
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

    Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by 3:
    PhyscoAssassinX likes this.
  11. #111  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    proper respect shown to someone who disagrees with you. A very rare thing in the real world and far less common in the online world. Very well done. My hat is off to you.

    sent from my brain
    +1
  12. #112  
    _Severability_'s Avatar

    Posts
    218 Posts
    ROM
    H208

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Nice thread lots of passion on this subject and those that will discount my opinion because I didn't pre-order can't tune out now,, Now you know why I never pre-order anything any more and I suspect many of you will be the same now the lesson is learned..

    The argument or premise here is as I understand it that because Sprint got ambushed by a bunch of BS bureaucratic nonsense.. You think they owe you something?? LMAO..
    All that is owed is a prompt refund which they are starting to get their feet under them now on that after this fiasco..

    I know it's frustrating but that's like me saying every time a cop gives you a speeding ticket weather you deserve it or not and it makes you late to a meeting we had together that you now owe me something?? Maybe a apology which was given.. I won't be holding my breath waiting on the checks and gift cards from those tickets my friends.. But I'm not trying to get something for nothing either. Many of the Napster kids just don't get that and probably never will as giving is not their strong suit..
    Last edited by _Severability_; 05-20-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    JUST ROOT IT
  13. #113  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by _Severability_ View Post
    Nice thread lots of passion on this subject and those that will discount my opinion because I didn't pre-order can't tune out now,, Now you know why I never pre-order anything any more and I suspect many of you will be the same now the lesson is learned..
    As a point of reference, I did pre-order, but I didn't have to expend a dime doing so. Technically, that would be a reservation, but it serves the same purpose and I am #2 at my local BB to get ny EVOLTE.

    Yeah, I would do the same set up again, even though my EVOLTE is delayed.
  14. #114  
    _Severability_'s Avatar

    Posts
    218 Posts
    ROM
    H208

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    As a point of reference, I did pre-order, but I didn't have to expend a dime doing so. Technically, that would be a reservation, but it serves the same purpose and I am #2 at my local BB to get ny EVOLTE.

    Yeah, I would do the same set up again, even though my EVOLTE is delayed.
    Yes you have the proper mindset for the problem at hand if you pre-ordered Thx.. I will have my new handset the minute they have one in my store here.. Soon I hope
    Last edited by _Severability_; 05-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    JUST ROOT IT
    Thanked by:
    Phoenix Rev likes this.
  15. #115  
    johnshaft's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM and Kernel

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    I pre-ordered as well. Never did I ever say that we were "entitled" to some sort of compensation because shipment was delayed. The discussion was should HTC, Sprint, or both do something for the customer that felt discouraged. Now that it appears that pre-orders are going to ship this week, it remains uncertain if either will offer something for the delay. If they don't, it doesn't bother me one bit. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably do the same and pre-order. Let's hope that other manufacturers like Samsung don't go through what HTC has.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    learntall likes this.
  16. #116  
    destinedSonii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    43 Posts

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    They should take their devices to custom weeks before launch date to get them reviewed.
  17. #117  
    Scotlac's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by sornieldavila View Post
    They should take their devices to custom weeks before launch date to get them reviewed.
    They did. And customs sat on their *** and didn't get around to doing their job.
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotlac View Post
    They did. And customs sat on their *** and didn't get around to doing their job.
    The government sitting on their asses? No way!
  19. #119  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotlac View Post
    They did. And customs sat on their *** and didn't get around to doing their job.
    Source?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. #120  
    enik's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

    Default

    If anything apple should give one not sprint or HTC.

    sent from my iPride 5G
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g
    ___________________
    From Nexus With Love
  21. #121  
    Scotlac's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Source?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Here ya go!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  22. #122  

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnshaft View Post
    I think that the original post does have some merit and only brings up a question on how to quell an escalating situation. How you can comment on something you didn't fork out $200 for and criticize others for requesting compensation baffles me. It's not about entitlement. It's about doing the right thing for consumers who did not see this coming. Sprint or HTC could be doing some sort of damage control.

    Right now, we don't know how this is going to turn out. The phone could be released from customs next week, next month or later, and all we have seen is press clippings and reports from an insider blog. If you are going to have an event in NYC announcing the product and being out in front of it, don't be hiding from the public now that the balloon had the air escape from it as everyone is looking for answers and updates as to what is going on. No media press conference to be found, yet they can spends millions on commercials for a product that is either not available or only partially available to those fortunate to have purchased it sooner. My two cents. Keep the change (unless it's over $200).
    But they DID tell people what was happening. I'm not sure what more you could expect them to do. How many times do they need to let you know that they don't know why customs will release the phones?

    Quite honestly, this situation hardly seems serious from the customer's end. It is mildly annoying to have to wait for an item you pre-ordered. On the other hand, I would imagine that just the cost of providing CSR's to answer questions about this issue (even if you find those answers unsatisfying) is not insignificant to Sprint.

    Sometimes things in life are beyond your control. If you want compensation from someone for this reality, at least target the people most responsible for causing your difficulties. If anything, Sprint is your ally in this situation. You want the phone. Sprint wants you to get it. Your interests are aligned. Do you really doubt that Sprint is not wielding whatever influence it has behind the scenes to further your shared goal?
    Thanked by 4:
  23. #123  
    vhira82's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Entitlement. Its why our kids are walking around with their pants around their ankles thinking they know what they are talking about. "Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground, Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground"
    Follow me, everything is alright... https://twitter.com/FantasticVeej
  24. #124  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    I say Sprint, because they charged my credit card before they were ready to ship the product. When I pre-order anything from Amazon they never charge my credit card until they ship. I've already sent an email to Dan@Sprint.com that I will never purchase anything through Sprint again unless they change their policy.
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  25. #125  
    _Severability_'s Avatar

    Posts
    218 Posts
    ROM
    H208

    Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    I say Sprint, because they charged my credit card before they were ready to ship the product. When I pre-order anything from Amazon they never charge my credit card until they ship. I've already sent an email to Dan@Sprint.com that I will never purchase anything through Sprint again unless they change their policy.
    Yep I agree my friend..
    JUST ROOT IT
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions