Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?

Voters
459. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

36 7.84%
  • HTC

103 22.44%
  • Sprint and HTC

172 37.47%
  • Noone

148 32.24%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

There always has to be more to what is going on then we the consumer hears or sees first-hand. With this in mind I have to believe that someone took a gamble knowing full well that this delay was a possibility. Obviously Sprint has placed the blame on HTC and HTC is dealing with the problem as quickly as they can considering their resulting stock devaluation and possible losses in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Now as Sprint sits back and watches...(with all of our money in their pocket and no problems to speak of other than a moan or groan from customers)... and HTC has their obvious role in this matter, is it unfair of us (the customer) to ask for a gesture of good will from them. I believe that such a gesture should come from BOTH HTC/Sprint in unison in the form of what many such customers, whose complaints I have stumbled upon in the last few days...
    • Waive 36$ activation fee
    • Beats by Dre Headphones
    • Some form of rebate equal to other stores discounts on the EVO
    • Otterbox Defender Case

Those are just a few that I have seen and I am sure people have more, please list them. I don't believe Sprint should bite the bullet alone on this, the same way I don't believe HTC should. For those of us loyal Sprint customers it would be nice to know they care about us enough to apologize for the less than informative behavior on their end and that HTC cares about us for having to bear the brunt of the risk they take in their business.

Default Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

dont hold your breath

neither cause the delay wasn't caused by either one of them.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No, I just needed to get it off my chest, plus I believe that in any situation if you don't speak out for yourself noone else will... If enough of us complain loud enough we can do anything!!

Talking Re: Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    $25 itunes card?..........
    Thanked by 2:
    sed51329, b1time, crow11ad and 7 others like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    It's a question of morality and ethics, I am a customer of Sprint who now has 200$ of my money for an indefinite amount of time... I am not blaming them but I am their customer and as the old saying goes "The customer is ALWAYS right"... this doesn't change just because they are a multi-million dollar corp..
    Warrenisit likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I don't think they're sitting on our money. I currently have a credit on my account for the process of the phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Strangely, there was no poll option for whiney customers to give a goodwill gesture to the CSR's who are listening to their complaining.

If there were, that's how I would have voted.

Quote Originally Posted by learntall View Post
    No, I just needed to get it off my chest, plus I believe that in any situation if you don't speak out for yourself noone else will... If enough of us complain loud enough we can do anything!!
    I think they should, just to restore faith in their companies.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by luimoran View Post
    I don't think they're sitting on our money. I currently have a credit on my account for the process of the phone.

I had credit on my account. When I paid online, that amount of the pre order goes into your credit like you made a payment. Then when Sprint pays or is getting ready for your order they subtract that from your account. I had $200+ credit and just checked and the amount I paid for the phone has been subtracted from my account.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

None

I just want the phone
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by photomikey View Post
    Strangely, there was no poll option for whiney customers to give a goodwill gesture to the CSR's who are listening to their complaining.

I can totally see how CSR's are having a hard time handling these complaints, this shows you how much something really needs to be said and Sprint needs to respond. CSR's are doing they're job and they need to suck it up, that is what they're employer is saying to them by not being more forthcoming with information about the problem. The fact that they are receiving enough complaints to complain about the situation also speaks highly to how badly the situation is being handled.

voted no one.

it would be nice, but we are not owed it in any shape or form.
    coljalo and learntall like this.

Quote Originally Posted by photomikey View Post

How about a free month of service for every time a Sprint CSR is proven wrong . Maybe when they don't have a clue what they're talking about. I'd have at least year's worth free service by now.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Obviously no one itt has ever been a csr. Lay off these guys. They are told the information they can share and give you all the info they can. Leave them be so the can assist customers with real issues and not us whining about our toys.
    Thanked by:
    johnshaft and Gator352 like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    voted no one.

it would be nice, but we are not owed it in any shape or form.
    I have to agree with you, we are not owed anything, I just feel that in situations like this where we are in limbo and Sprint can show their customers that they are appreciated...
    Thanked by:

I work in Customer service field repairs for a major worldwide company. My Take is they Took our money for pre-order with a Date tacked on to that . They missed that date (with very poor communication that they were going to) . Now just like my machines this is no Heart/lung transplant machine but an understanding that they made was not met.

So yes anyone that pre-ordered should not have to pay the Activation fee ( This cost Sprint nothing in the long run). And HTC should give a small accessory credit maybe even @cost on anything directly ordered . This again will take away from bottem lines but really is again no cost to them.

I want the Phone right now but don't need the Phone right now , but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they could wash away with no real hit
    Thanked by 2:
    tarn451pov1 

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

I'm not expecting either company to do anything beyond delivering the phone once the whole ITC debacle clears.

However, if I worked PR for either Sprint or HTC, I would offer some sort of good-will gesture. Both companies must know that customers are irked by this issue, it would help ease some of the tension.
    Thanked by:
    johnshaft, vhira82 and tarn451 like this.

ROM
    warm2.2 rls4 stock htc#17

Htc should give out beats earbuds to everyone that preordered.

Sent via Criffvo with TT2
    ppappas13333 likes this.

First off I'm not crying yet but I paid $45 for a early upgrade so i can get this phone I will be pissed if it goes into my contract date

Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Magman007 View Post
    Obviously no one itt has ever been a csr. Lay off these guys. They are told the information they can share and give you all the info they can. Leave them be so the can assist customers with real issues and not us whining about our toys.
    I will lay off, once Sprint works on retraining these csr so they really know what's going on. I grow tired of getting different answers from every csr on the same related questions. Give me a break, if you're selling a product. You should all get the same information and beware of what your company is offering regarding sales and upgrades.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Mercury81; 05-18-2012 at 05:36 AM.

I voted for Sprint and HTC as my opinion is Sprint should not have to bear the entire cost if a a good will gesture was to be offered. For a good will gesture, it should be for waiving the activation fee or if by some miracle the phone can ship today, paying for Saturday delivery. It should not be something tangible. I'm not sure what it costs Sprint to activate a new phone, but I can't believe their actual cost is $36 especially on an already established account.

Do I think this is going to happen? Not really. Do I think I'm "owed" anything? No. Bottom line. I preordered my phone on 5/7 fulling knowing I was getting charged $200 for a phone I did not know when I was going to receive. I even to the CSR I spoke with in EVP I said that I was uncomfortable with this as when I preordered my OG EVO I paid a $50 deposit when I ordered it and the remainder when I picked it up at BB. Will I think twice about paying the full amount up front to preorder a phone in the future? Yes.

And I know everyone's order situation is different, but this is just my personal take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggdogg9 View Post
    First off I'm not crying yet but I paid $45 for a early upgrade so i can get this phone I will be pissed if it goes into my contract date
    Do you know how this fee is calculated? If I had paid an early upgrade fee and hit the next lower fee tier while waiting, I would be calling for a credit.

No i don't know how they come up with there fee

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Magman007 View Post
    But some are just idiots just look at this conversation I had with one last night
    And no it wasn't about My toy lol

Trudy S.: From how many days you are unable to receive Email notifications on your phone?

Customer: im not getting updates from sprint. for example i pre-ordered the evo LTE and i didnt get the comfermation email and i also didnt receive the email explaining the the phones have been held by us customs

Trudy S.: Thank you for providing additional details. Customer: no problem,
    Trudy S.: So, you are basically concerned about HTC EVO LTE phone.

Trudy S.: I can see that HTC EVO LTE phone was pre-order on May 07, 2012.

Customer: um no im concerned about not recieveing my email's from sprint

Trudy S.: The order number is ----

Trudy S.: Please confirm your email address.

Customer: -----------@Gmail.com

Trudy S.: Thank you.

Trudy S.: The email address is correctly setup on your account.

Customer: so why aren't i receving emails

Trudy S.: It might be possible that due to system error you was not able to receive the notification.

Trudy S.: I have refreshed your account to resolve your issue.

Customer: ok thank you i have another question well 2 actually

Trudy S.: Ok.

Customer: the first is is it possible for you to send a test email so i can ensure that the problem is fixed

Trudy S.: I understand that. However, I apologize, it is a chat environment so, I am unable to send you an email.

Trudy S.: I would also like to inform you that

Trudy S.: Sprint is now accepting pre-orders for the May 18, 2012 availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Visit here to pre-order yours. A new browser window will automatically open on your computer.

Customer: do you not reliaze you gave me my order number for that already?

Trudy S.: Yes, I did.

Trudy S.: I just want to assure you that you have pre-ordered your phone.
    she tells me I pre ordered it She saw i was aware of the customs problem and gives me my order number but wants to inform me I can pre order the EVO LTE for may 18.

There's just no excuse some of these guys are just plain idiots

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs
    Last edited by PhyscoAssassinX; 05-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast