Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?

• Total voters

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
There always has to be more to what is going on then we the consumer hears or sees first-hand. With this in mind I have to believe that someone took a gamble knowing full well that this delay was a possibility. Obviously Sprint has placed the blame on HTC and HTC is dealing with the problem as quickly as they can considering their resulting stock devaluation and possible losses in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Now as Sprint sits back and watches...(with all of our money in their pocket and no problems to speak of other than a moan or groan from customers)... and HTC has their obvious role in this matter, is it unfair of us (the customer) to ask for a gesture of good will from them. I believe that such a gesture should come from BOTH HTC/Sprint in unison in the form of what many such customers, whose complaints I have stumbled upon in the last few days...
  • Waive 36$ activation fee
  • Beats by Dre Headphones
  • Some form of rebate equal to other stores discounts on the EVO
  • Otterbox Defender Case
Those are just a few that I have seen and I am sure people have more, please list them. I don't believe Sprint should bite the bullet alone on this, the same way I don't believe HTC should. For those of us loyal Sprint customers it would be nice to know they care about us enough to apologize for the less than informative behavior on their end and that HTC cares about us for having to bear the brunt of the risk they take in their business.

Reactions: johnshaft

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
No, I just needed to get it off my chest, plus I believe that in any situation if you don't speak out for yourself noone else will... If enough of us complain loud enough we can do anything!!

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
neither cause the delay wasn't caused by either one of them.

It's a question of morality and ethics, I am a customer of Sprint who now has 200$ of my money for an indefinite amount of time... I am not blaming them but I am their customer and as the old saying goes "The customer is ALWAYS right"... this doesn't change just because they are a multi-million dollar corp..

photomikey

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Strangely, there was no poll option for whiney customers to give a goodwill gesture to the CSR's who are listening to their complaining.

If there were, that's how I would have voted.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No, I just needed to get it off my chest, plus I believe that in any situation if you don't speak out for yourself noone else will... If enough of us complain loud enough we can do anything!!

I think they should, just to restore faith in their companies.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they're sitting on our money. I currently have a credit on my account for the process of the phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

I had credit on my account. When I paid online, that amount of the pre order goes into your credit like you made a payment. Then when Sprint pays or is getting ready for your order they subtract that from your account. I had $200+ credit and just checked and the amount I paid for the phone has been subtracted from my account.

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Strangely, there was no poll option for whiney customers to give a goodwill gesture to the CSR's who are listening to their complaining.

I can totally see how CSR's are having a hard time handling these complaints, this shows you how much something really needs to be said and Sprint needs to respond. CSR's are doing they're job and they need to suck it up, that is what they're employer is saying to them by not being more forthcoming with information about the problem. The fact that they are receiving enough complaints to complain about the situation also speaks highly to how badly the situation is being handled.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

How about a free month of service for every time a Sprint CSR is proven wrong . Maybe when they don't have a clue what they're talking about. I'd have at least year's worth free service by now.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Obviously no one itt has ever been a csr. Lay off these guys. They are told the information they can share and give you all the info they can. Leave them be so the can assist customers with real issues and not us whining about our toys.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I work in Customer service field repairs for a major worldwide company. My Take is they Took our money for pre-order with a Date tacked on to that . They missed that date (with very poor communication that they were going to) . Now just like my machines this is no Heart/lung transplant machine but an understanding that they made was not met.

So yes anyone that pre-ordered should not have to pay the Activation fee ( This cost Sprint nothing in the long run). And HTC should give a small accessory credit maybe even @cost on anything directly ordered . This again will take away from bottem lines but really is again no cost to them.

I want the Phone right now but don't need the Phone right now , but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they could wash away with no real hit

Reactions: tarn451 and pov1

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not expecting either company to do anything beyond delivering the phone once the whole ITC debacle clears.

However, if I worked PR for either Sprint or HTC, I would offer some sort of good-will gesture. Both companies must know that customers are irked by this issue, it would help ease some of the tension.

Reactions: johnshaft

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2