Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?
View Poll Results: Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?
- 459. You may not vote on this poll
Sprint and HTC
05-28-2012 02:30 PM
- There always has to be more to what is going on then we the consumer hears or sees first-hand. With this in mind I have to believe that someone took a gamble knowing full well that this delay was a possibility. Obviously Sprint has placed the blame on HTC and HTC is dealing with the problem as quickly as they can considering their resulting stock devaluation and possible losses in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Now as Sprint sits back and watches...(with all of our money in their pocket and no problems to speak of other than a moan or groan from customers)... and HTC has their obvious role in this matter, is it unfair of us (the customer) to ask for a gesture of good will from them. I believe that such a gesture should come from BOTH HTC/Sprint in unison in the form of what many such customers, whose complaints I have stumbled upon in the last few days...
- Waive 36$ activation fee
- Beats by Dre Headphones
- Some form of rebate equal to other stores discounts on the EVO
- Otterbox Defender Case
Those are just a few that I have seen and I am sure people have more, please list them. I don't believe Sprint should bite the bullet alone on this, the same way I don't believe HTC should. For those of us loyal Sprint customers it would be nice to know they care about us enough to apologize for the less than informative behavior on their end and that HTC cares about us for having to bear the brunt of the risk they take in their business.05-17-2012 09:36 PM
- 05-17-2012 10:36 PM
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 205-17-2012 10:45 PM
- 05-17-2012 10:47 PM
- 05-17-2012 10:58 PM
sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 205-17-2012 11:12 PM
- Obviously no one itt has ever been a csr. Lay off these guys. They are told the information they can share and give you all the info they can. Leave them be so the can assist customers with real issues and not us whining about our toys.05-17-2012 11:18 PM
- 05-17-2012 11:28 PM
- I work in Customer service field repairs for a major worldwide company. My Take is they Took our money for pre-order with a Date tacked on to that . They missed that date (with very poor communication that they were going to) . Now just like my machines this is no Heart/lung transplant machine but an understanding that they made was not met.
So yes anyone that pre-ordered should not have to pay the Activation fee ( This cost Sprint nothing in the long run). And HTC should give a small accessory credit maybe even @cost on anything directly ordered . This again will take away from bottem lines but really is again no cost to them.
I want the Phone right now but don't need the Phone right now , but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they could wash away with no real hit05-17-2012 11:32 PM
- I'm not expecting either company to do anything beyond delivering the phone once the whole ITC debacle clears.
However, if I worked PR for either Sprint or HTC, I would offer some sort of good-will gesture. Both companies must know that customers are irked by this issue, it would help ease some of the tension.05-18-2012 01:41 AMLike 3
sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 205-18-2012 05:30 AM
- I voted for Sprint and HTC as my opinion is Sprint should not have to bear the entire cost if a a good will gesture was to be offered. For a good will gesture, it should be for waiving the activation fee or if by some miracle the phone can ship today, paying for Saturday delivery. It should not be something tangible. I'm not sure what it costs Sprint to activate a new phone, but I can't believe their actual cost is $36 especially on an already established account.
Do I think this is going to happen? Not really. Do I think I'm "owed" anything? No. Bottom line. I preordered my phone on 5/7 fulling knowing I was getting charged $200 for a phone I did not know when I was going to receive. I even to the CSR I spoke with in EVP I said that I was uncomfortable with this as when I preordered my OG EVO I paid a $50 deposit when I ordered it and the remainder when I picked it up at BB. Will I think twice about paying the full amount up front to preorder a phone in the future? Yes.
And I know everyone's order situation is different, but this is just my personal take on this.05-18-2012 05:39 AM
- 05-18-2012 05:48 AM
And no it wasn't about My toy lolTrudy S.: From how many days you are unable to receive Email notifications on your phone?
Customer: im not getting updates from sprint. for example i pre-ordered the evo LTE and i didnt get the comfermation email and i also didnt receive the email explaining the the phones have been held by us customs
Trudy S.: Thank you for providing additional details. Customer: no problem,
Trudy S.: So, you are basically concerned about HTC EVO LTE phone.
Trudy S.: I can see that HTC EVO LTE phone was pre-order on May 07, 2012.
Customer: um no im concerned about not recieveing my email's from sprint
Trudy S.: The order number is ----
Trudy S.: Please confirm your email address.
Trudy S.: Thank you.
Trudy S.: The email address is correctly setup on your account.
Customer: so why aren't i receving emails
Trudy S.: It might be possible that due to system error you was not able to receive the notification.
Trudy S.: I have refreshed your account to resolve your issue.
Customer: ok thank you i have another question well 2 actually
Trudy S.: Ok.
Customer: the first is is it possible for you to send a test email so i can ensure that the problem is fixed
Trudy S.: I understand that. However, I apologize, it is a chat environment so, I am unable to send you an email.
Trudy S.: I would also like to inform you that
Trudy S.: Sprint is now accepting pre-orders for the May 18, 2012 availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Visit here to pre-order yours. A new browser window will automatically open on your computer.
Customer: do you not reliaze you gave me my order number for that already?
Trudy S.: Yes, I did.
Trudy S.: I just want to assure you that you have pre-ordered your phone.
There's just no excuse some of these guys are just plain idiots
Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs05-18-2012 06:46 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD