Questioning getting the LTEVO

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one, who as more and more time passes, is questioning my decision to get the LTEVO? I know the phone is good (great) if it ever comes out, but as time passes I begin to think that maybe this is a sign I should be holding off for the S3?

If I had the LTEVO in my hand right now, I wouldn't even be having these conversations in my head. Damn you head.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
If the Evo LTE becomes delayed indefinitely, past the SIII release date, I would switch. With that said, what would you do if the SIII also suffers the same ITC fate as the Evo LTE?

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If the Evo LTE becomes delayed indefinitely, past the SIII release date, I would switch. With that said, what would you do if the SIII also suffers the same ITC fate as the Evo LTE?

Apple doesn't have the court ruling in the US against Samsung. I personally think they're too worried about Samsung to press the issue here in the US.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably wait for the EVO...... don't think the Galaxy S III would satisfy me enough..
I've been watching the Samsung phones and "maybe"..... just maybe, "IF" Sprint gets the Galaxy note I "might" be tempted to jump... but that would depend on the specs of the Galaxy Note when/ if Sprint get's it... the way it sits now it's too "old" to warrant me buying it... it would need some upgrades.. hehe.

I know that whatever phone I get HAS to last me 2 years (no more yearly upgrades) and it had better be the mack daddy phone if it's going to keep me happy for 2 years!

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
There is still no question that I'm waiting for the Evo. Samsung has done nothing to upgrade their radios so I won't go with a phone that will still have issues locking on GPS and dropping calls the way the Epic Touch has. HTC is still the way I'm going. No matter how long the wait is.

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Up until two days ago, I was all-in on getting the E4GLTE. I even paid the early upgrade fee and everything in anticipation of being able to order one very soon.
Now I am on the fence. This whole delay thing plus the broken way Sense 4.0 handles multi-tasking is leaving me with some major second thoughts.
Somebody please talk me out of giving up and just buying a Galaxy Nexus!

bobby35ny

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I like Samsung for TV's etc but the Epic phone for me was so bad I returned it under the 14 days. Samsung radios are weak as hell. It's HTC for me!!
-Bobby

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Up until two days ago, I was all-in on getting the E4GLTE. I even paid the early upgrade fee and everything in anticipation of being able to order one very soon.
Now I am on the fence. This whole delay thing plus the broken way Sense 4.0 handles multi-tasking is leaving me with some major second thoughts.
Somebody please talk me out of giving up and just buying a Galaxy Nexus!

Hey you may have ordered before me so by all means go with the Nexus. That just bumps me up one spot :cool:

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

sleekblackevo

May 9, 2012
Visit site
with how fast these things evolve even a one day delay ruins the fun for me. now I am a lot less excited and am really questioning them not going with 2gb ram especially if sense is hogging and the sgsiii includes it in america. I was already pissed at sprint for dragging behind att on a one x varient btw

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple doesn't have the court ruling in the US against Samsung. I personally think they're too worried about Samsung to press the issue here in the US.

Actually, Apple and Samsung have been ordered into mediation with a federal judge in San Francisco beginning next week. Apple started this nonsense a couple of years ago with HTC, but have been going after Samsung relentlessly as well, all over the world. They have gotten injunctions against Sammy devices in Europe and Australia. I think Apple would love to do this same thing to Samsung if they could. I don't know if they are suing Samsung for the same patent infringement as they did HTC in this specific circumstance, though. I don't think so, but it gets so convoluted.

It's all available at www.fosspatents.com if you have absolutely N O T H I N G to do today.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Staying the course here. My EVO 4G LTE is sitting there with my name on it. My EVO 3D works just fine and just as well as it did last month and the month before.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Staying the course here. My EVO 4G LTE is sitting there with my name on it. My EVO 3D works just fine and just as well as it did last month and the month before.

I'm definitely going to try and hold out. It's just so hard when all I can think about is how awesome this phone is. Maybe the keys is to stay off the forums and anything Sprint related.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I like Samsung for TV's etc but the Epic phone for me was so bad I returned it under the 14 days. Samsung radios are weak as hell. It's HTC for me!!
-Bobby

Not my nexus my radio is better than my friends HTC and on par wit my girls moto razr on signal strength

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

fatcat220

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Evo LTE. I looked hard at the S3 before my preorder, but I read and heard enough to convince me that I'd be happier for the next 2 years with the Evo LTE. I'm currently using original Evo 4G, and it's still a pretty good phone.

teamzippy

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My roommate just got the note, and it's pretty slow. On top of that, while I didn't think it possible, I think it's too big. I played with a one x at bb, and it's perfect in terms of size. Also, camera is super slow, which kills it for me. If you have kids, as I do, you know them siting still is a limiteds thing!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

dking9101

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my pre-order (for now) but my excitement has worn down with all the lack of official info from HTC & Sprint. The blogs & internet get more info to us (rumors as well) than the companies do. I can understand that this incident may have come to a shock to the powers that be, but I think it wouldn't hurt either company to offer some perk or accessory and or credit for the people who pre-ordered. If the phones are sitting at a warehouse with our names on them WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM? Technically if we paid for them, they belong to us! the phones not being available in the stores because of a customs/shiping delay is another issue, those phones haven't been paid for yet. It'll be interesting to see how the powers that be handle the issue, but I doubt if the people are compensated for their patience. Blame apple all u want but these companies have policies & paid people hefty salaries to prevent this kinda thing from happening, so long story short (Too Late! LOL) this is like a bad movie that you can't leave from.

Hopefully we get our phones next week, the delay is only making people question if the should stick with Sprint, HTC or even Apple WE do still have a voice...maybe!

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My roommate just got the note, and it's pretty slow. On top of that, while I didn't think it possible, I think it's too big. I played with a one x at bb, and it's perfect in terms of size. Also, camera is super slow, which kills it for me. If you have kids, as I do, you know them siting still is a limiteds thing!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

I'm still leaning towards getting the LTEVO, but as more and more time goes by I keep questioning myself. I feel like a politician and flip flopping on my decision. I have an Epic, and truthfully I've never really had issues with the signal. This may be because I have an airave at my house, but I've been happy with it (rooting definitely helped).

Decisions, decisions. I'm not sure which is a harder decision, what I'm going to have for dinner tonight or which phone I'm going to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith