Lack of Information

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear HTC and Sprint,

The most difficult part of the new EVO being locked up is not the wait, its the utter and total lack of information from HTC and Sprint. Instead of allowing the general public and EVO fans to remain in the dark why not light up the room, be transparent about what steps and actions are being taken. Have the last say, always. If you have a court date today, announce it. If it goes in your favor, COOL, if not, Tell us why and who is holding up some sexy EVO goodness from us.
It's understood that the US court system is inefficient and totally backwards by where we technologically are today. Put the information in the hands of the public and let us point our energy towards the true roadblocks.
The majority of us believe and know that HTC has fixed the issue. Be it wrong or right, HTC followed the ruling and changed the software. It is well documented by reviews and by end users when the functionality to save a number from a text message disappeared. I was frustrated by it earlier this year. But hey, I can live with that.
What I refuse to live with is treating the generally more intelligent Android (and HTC like myself) lovers like the cant and wont understand what is going on. Tell us and let us decide. (its not like we are iSheep).
The ball is in your court HTC and Sprint. Give us the information. Allow us to be on your side, don't treat us like we don't know or understand what is going on.

Signed,

VHira82
Sprint customer for 12 years
HTC fan since the original EVO

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you want, besides your new toy now? It has only been a couple of days. Your luggage can get lost for much longer. The lawyers are involved and all parties are attempting to resolve the issue expeditiously. When they have progress or a dead stop, I'm sure a press release will follow. Write this letter when it has been unresolved for a couple of weeks or more.

Reactions: pov1

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Epidenimus, I appreciate your comment and I believe I outlined what I want in my post. I want the information. Plain and simple. Oh and my EVO.

Reactions: losmercedes
May 4, 2012
Visit site
I recieved an email last night from sprint that the EVO is delayed. In Sprints defense, I did get the email before the actual launch date. I think that there were no communications sent out until last night because Sprint was wating to see if they could get the phones out at the last minute and they didn't want to panic everyone. Even though alot of people were already paniced. lol. I for one am not mad or angry about this situation. Not even at Apple. Its business and in business, you don't make money if you are the nice guy. Apple had the insight to see something that may help their sales and they utilized it. It may be ethically wrong but that is the way big business goes. I will however, never purchase an Apple product because I belive that Apple is morally wrong in its actions and that the company has no good principles. I will not knock people who use Apple products, they simply like the product. This situation sucks for those of us that prordered the phone but I think that Sprint would rather us get the phone than not. The lack of communication is very common with companies these days, especially if they don't know whats going change from minute to minute. Waiting on the government sucks. I have done that for many years, but that is the government for you. The truth is that no one knows whats going on and as soon as there is an offical statement from Sprint, HTC or even Customs, I am sure that we (the customers) will hear about it. I also don't think that Sprint owes me "compensation" like I have seen on some forums. They have no controll when customs will release the phones, and neither does Apple. It is what it is. Have a fantastic weekend everyone! :)

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear HTC and Sprint,

The most difficult part of the new EVO being locked up is not the wait, its the utter and total lack of information from HTC and Sprint. Instead of allowing the general public and EVO fans to remain in the dark why not light up the room, be transparent about what steps and actions are being taken. Have the last say, always. If you have a court date today, announce it. If it goes in your favor, COOL, if not, Tell us why and who is holding up some sexy EVO goodness from us.
It's understood that the US court system is inefficient and totally backwards by where we technologically are today. Put the information in the hands of the public and let us point our energy towards the true roadblocks.
The majority of us believe and know that HTC has fixed the issue. Be it wrong or right, HTC followed the ruling and changed the software. It is well documented by reviews and by end users when the functionality to save a number from a text message disappeared. I was frustrated by it earlier this year. But hey, I can live with that.
What I refuse to live with is treating the generally more intelligent Android (and HTC like myself) lovers like the cant and wont understand what is going on. Tell us and let us decide. (its not like we are iSheep).
The ball is in your court HTC and Sprint. Give us the information. Allow us to be on your side, don't treat us like we don't know or understand what is going on.

Signed,

VHira82
Sprint customer for 12 years
HTC fan since the original EVO

In Sprint's defense, they've done a MUCH better job communicating than the other carriers on issues like these...

Though, Sprint could still step their game up a bit... I'm just saying, they do it better and more-so than others.

Reactions: pov1 and vhira82
May 15, 2012
Visit site
It really doesn't matter what Sprint does here, more information, less information, or even no information. Whatever they do, a large group of people will still be upset and complaining. I would guess the entire process (customs, courts, conference calls, etc.) is very fluid and changing constantly. One minute if looks like things are a go and the next minute things are a no-go. Would I like more information, sure absolutely. But I do not want to hear phones are shipping and then be told phones are shipping over and over again. Sprint is waiting until they can give us a firm update so they do not have to retract any statements or new launch dates.

If the 23rd is the new unofficial date (maybe or maybe not) I would expect the phones to ship out to all of the pre-orders on Monday. But who knows!

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I, too, would love to have the information that would make me feel all warm and fuzzy. The trouble is that the info doesn't exist. What we really want is our phones, and failing that, we want to know when we can have them. Sprint doesn't have that answer, and would probably like to have it even more than we would, as hard as that is to believe.

Even if they are at liberty to discuss any court proceedings, my guess is that their legal department would advise against it. If I am an attorney on this case, and might have to negotiate or argue something, I do not want to be hampered by a PR campaign. Also, if you've ever been involved in court proceedings, you know that they are rarely predictable. Do we really need an email or press release getting our hopes up because Sprint is hopeful of a resolution, only to have something surprise them and then they get to explain to a bunch of customers who then whine, "But, you promised!" I once went through a long child custody battle and for for almost a year I fully expected to walk out of court with my kids. Time after time I walked away upset, angry, frustrated and confused because I believed the facts spoke for themselves. One day I got a call that when I picked them up for my weekly visitation that evening, that they were not to be dropped back off. Seemingly out of the blue, but in reality after 2 years. Not that I am saying we'll wait 2 years for our phones, just that none of the parties involved have any idea what is going to happen or when. Which brings us back to the question, what exactly are we expecting Sprint to say to us? I don't particularly want to get another email from them except the one saying that my phone is in transit. I have as much anxiety as anyone about this, trust me, and it is pretty disproportionate to the importance of this phone, but I have it. I would really love for someone to be able to relieve that anxiety. But, seriously, we all know what that is...and Sprint can't give it to us on anything but the court's timetable. Life sucks, and then you get your phone,

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
These sort of forums are a good way to vent but remember that this is out of our control. Its kind of like being a passenger in a car and getting nervous, your instinct tells you to grab the wheel or yell instructions at the driver, neither will help but rather make things worse. I for one got in this "car" on my own free will and am enjoying the ride. Sometimes it helps to look at the scenery and have some faith in the driver you chose. The destination hasn't changed because the ride got bumpy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: swagglifee

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
As of now, Sprint has posted up all the messages that they need to...for the general public. I'm not including people that's hitting F5 all the time on the Inside Sprint Now site, or here at AC. For the general public, they've updated their site, their forums, and even sent emails. They've let everyone know that it was delayed due to customs, made that public on their site and forums, and last night (before the phone officially went on sale) let all the people that pre-ordered the phone aware. Unfortunately, the news broke before the phone went on sale, and that's when everyone went into a panic...it sucks...but Sprint is working it. What else can you do now? It's Friday, and and that phone isn't going anywhere today....or not this afternoon anyway.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually added TEP when I ordered the Evo. If this goes on long enough, would I actually be charged for it without actually having received the device protected by TEP? Interesting possibility...

Anyway, I think Sprint should just charge a small amount rather than the full price for preorders to avoid problems. Or just do like every companies do and only charge when the product is shipped...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

jlrizzoii

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
DailyTech - HTC Implements Workaround to Apple's Patent for Evo 4G LTE, One X

The problem is the Department of Homeland Security.

According to HTC, U.S. Customs officials have refused to inspect its product or consider lifting the ban after a month of inaction. With the AT&T and Sprint left in a quandary about how to fulfill preorders, HTC is desperate to get the ban lifted.

But the U.S. International Trade Commission and Customs have offered no clue that Customs officials might be ready to review HTC's seized shipments. Thus HTC finds itself in the position of a prisoner left forgotten in a holding cell.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
http://is.gd/bm1bzg

Hmmm...So NOTHING will happen until after the 28th now?

Judge Orders Apple and HTC to Talk It Out
MAY 17, 2012 AT 1:43 PM PT

inShare
Print
With their patent war raging on, Apple and HTC have been ordered into face-to-face mediation talks to settle their legal differences. Issued by the U.S. District Court of Delaware on Thursday, the order requires counsel and key decision makers from both companies to attend a session on August 28, 2012. It follows by a single day the enforcement of an International Trade Commission import ban on two HTC smartphones won by Apple in December of 2011.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

inShare
Print
With their patent war raging on, Apple and HTC have been ordered into face-to-face mediation talks to settle their legal differences. Issued by the U.S. District Court of Delaware on Thursday, the order requires counsel and key decision makers from both companies to attend a session on August 28, 2012. It follows by a single day the enforcement of an International Trade Commission import ban on two HTC smartphones won by Apple in December of 2011.

Note the 28th is actually August 28th there. It's reasonable, at this point, to assume it isn't going to take that long.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

inShare
Print

I'm pretty sure that's a separate issue. The judge wants them to hash things out to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again. The whole stuck-in-customs thing will most likely get resolved as soon as they verify the patent is no longer on the phones.

crs2265

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually added TEP when I ordered the Evo. If this goes on long enough, would I actually be charged for it without actually having received the device protected by TEP? Interesting possibility...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

If they do, file a "Lost or Stolen" claim, maybe you'll get lucky and they will find you one... :D

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's a separate issue. The judge wants them to hash things out to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again. The whole stuck-in-customs thing will most likely get resolved as soon as they verify the patent is no longer on the phones.

You are correct - that is a totally separate legal battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888