05-24-2012 02:57 PM
- I was promised by retentions earlier this month that I would be eligible to upgrade on the 18th so that I could get the EVO LTE on the original launch date but that it would not be reflected in the system until the 18th. I just checked and it still shows my old eligibility date.
Was anyone else promised the 18th? Have you checked to see if they updated your date?05-18-2012 11:39 AM
- Yes, I did when i called a week ago to Account Services, called them up had it finished and done with over the phone. They did say it might take up to 24 hours for it properly appear on the account. But it is what it is. Its just piece of mind if this mess gets cleaned up sooner rather than later, and your upgrade is available do what you will with it. However though, if you do ask anyone but Retentions they will outright tell you its over/done and can't be done, if you sound like you know what your talking about on the phone they will direct you nicely and you can move on easily through your day. But do remember today is the last day if your upgrade is June 1st.05-18-2012 12:37 PM
- Most often, early upgrades provided by carriers won't show up on consumer accounts. Instead they are generally noted or remarked on your account and can be accessed by corporate employees.
That's been my experience anyway. I'm sure it varies by carrier. I would call your carrier's customer service department and ask them to look at the remarks.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus05-18-2012 12:46 PM
- My upgrade was not until June 1st. Last weekend Best Buy informed me that Sprint could push my upgrade date up by two weeks if I called them. I called them (Sprint) and they said they could not push the date up until the actual date, so I should call back on the 18th (which is exactly 14 days before June 1st!). I called them this morning and got the usual run around! The customer service rep insisted that they could not move my date up unless there was a problem with my current phone and that I have no record of calling in with any problems. I insisted that I spoke with two reps prior to her that promised me they could bump my date up. The system showed my previous calls in regards to moving up my upgrade date so she forwarded my call to Accounts Services and they bumped up my date within 60 seconds of receiving my call! It took some time to show up in the system though, but it is showing up now. You can txt upgrade to 1311 and it will show your current upgrade status. I did this two hours after I got off the phone with Sprint and my date was still set to June 1st. I just sent the txt again a few minutes ago and it now shows that I am ready for my upgrade! Now I just need a phone to buy...05-18-2012 01:02 PM
- I was told the same thing, that I was going to be able to upgrade two weeks early. The rep I talked to last month told me he was making a note on my account. When I went to get my Evo today, Best Buy had no record of it, but the BB guy helping me called in to Sprint, and was able to get it approved.05-24-2012 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD