Has your opinion of Apple changed?

Has your opinion of Apple changed?

• Total voters

inuchan

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Of course people who are into the cell phones and know all about Apple and what they do will not buy their product but sadly its the average tech user that knows nothing about cell phones or barley know how to turn on a pc that shop at Apple. That's why they are such strong fans. They have no idea what else is out there

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
yes and no.

My opinion is already low, but that is besides the point. I cannot fault them for taking advantage of a broken patent system. They want to protect their own and get every dollar they can.

If the system wasnt broken, we would not have this mess.

If there was a loophole that allowed someone to get away with murder, you wouldn't fault them for it? Because that's essentially what Apple does. There was an article which I can't find anymore that showed Apple spends far more than other tech companies on lobbyists etc that ensure they get favorable treatment. They are also a company that donates nothing to charity (unlike most tech companies) and treat their foreign workers like crap.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If there was a loophole that allowed someone to get away with murder, you wouldn't fault them for it? Because that's essentially what Apple does. There was an article which I can't find anymore that showed Apple spends far more than other tech companies on lobbyists etc that ensure they get favorable treatment. They are also a company that donates nothing to charity (unlike most tech companies) and treat their foreign workers like crap.

So defending patents = murder? Way to take it to the extreme. Essentially Apple is "murdering" the competition?

If there was a loophole to get away with murder, I'd want that loophole fixed. That's where I'd put my efforts.

Do you know how much Microsoft, Motorola, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, and RIM donate?

Hate to tell you but those foreign workers don't work directly for Apple. And those same foreign workers probably had a hand in building the Android device you're using right now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Of course people who are into the cell phones and know all about Apple and what they do will not buy their product but sadly its the average tech user that knows nothing about cell phones or barley know how to turn on a pc that shop at Apple. That's why they are such strong fans. They have no idea what else is out there

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Apple made the modern smartphone easier to use. Have you ever thought that simplifying the product would make it easier for mass-market appeal? Like it or not, Android is considered the "nerd" platform and not everyone needs to be a "nerd" just to use their phone.

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My opinion remains unchanged. They are a ruthless competitor that markets their products better than anyone else. Sales is all about marketing, always has been. You have to respect that, but I know better than to buy the hype. Once upon a time, their approach was similar to Android, but that was a generation ago. They are now the Microsoft of the mobile device world.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I personally have nothing against Apple, I just never brought their products or never had the urge to. So my decision hasn't changed and I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally have nothing against Apple, I just never brought their products or never had the urge to. So my decision hasn't changed and I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

Same here.

I have never purchased an Apple product for myself. Android is my platform of choice. I only have an iPod touch because I need it to study games and apps as research for work - they're almost always on iOS first.

It seems like a David vs. Goliath battle when it comes down to HTC vs. Apple. But in the end, both are corporations whose main goal is to maximize profits. One can say that all corporations are evil.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone was a fantastic device. There can be no doubt about that. Coming from an old Treo and various Windows Mobile devices, how can you not appreciate what the iPhone represents? I've never owned one, nor will I, but the iPhone and Apple represented a major shift in the industry. They forced everyone to look at their own product and step up their game, or risk being bankrupt in the blink of an eye. THAT is what Apple did. They stopped that. Now they resort to lawsuits based on things they had no hand in.

They used to innovate and now they litigate.

Unfortunately the business of buying a patent for the sole purpose of stifling someone else's innovation is becoming commonplace and is slowing the pace of consumer technology. And one lawsuit begets another and so now HTC and Samsung et al will eventually do the same thing. They're already countersuing Apple with their own patents in an effort to cancel everything out. But how long until they sue looking for import bans of their own? It's sad.

And the excuse that the broken system is the only problem - that's crap. If something is wrong and unethical, it always will be. Whether the government says so or not is immaterial.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I back American companies... Apple IS NOT an american company.

Yes Apple is based in the US but next to nothing of theirs is built in the USA. I will not buy from an American company that has all their products made over seas, leaves billions of dollars in over seas accounts and refuses to bring that money into the US because of the amount of taxes that need paid on it.

If GM made all their cars over seas and claimed to be an americam car manufacturer, I would never buy a GM car as well.

I have always liked the quality and looks of Apple products, but to me Apple is a very dirty company now and nothing appeals to me nor do I see how anyone can buy their stuff if they knew how they truely are operating.

My 2 pennies

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I back American companies... Apple IS NOT an american company.

Yes Apple is based in the US but next to nothing of theirs is built in the USA. I will not buy from an American company that has all their products made over seas, leaves billions of dollars in over seas accounts and refuses to bring that money into the US because of the amount of taxes that need paid on it.

If GM made all their cars over seas and claimed to be an americam car manufacturer, I would never buy a GM car as well.

I have always liked the quality and looks of Apple products, but to me Apple is a very dirty company now and nothing appeals to me nor do I see how anyone can buy their stuff if they knew how they truely are operating.

My 2 pennies

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

...correct me if I'm wrong but no one manufactures their devices in the US.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Judacles

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never bought an Apple product, but had considered it in the past and was considering it in the future, and until now I didn't really have anything against them. I do appreciate their product design and the seamlessness of it, even if it's not really for me.

This situation did change my few of Apple for the worse, though. This is now a company I will not do business with. I think they''re a corporate bully that spent so long as the little guy that now that they have power they think they can abuse it all they like.

Until last week, there was possibly an iPad in my future. There most certainly is not any longer.

keaton h.

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Please see "google buys motorola"

and tell me they didn't do it for the patents?

Yeah, but as of now Google made that purchase to protect Android from Apple and Microsoft not to go on the attack but just as a DEFENSE to protect its consumers! Until that changes I don't really mind it.