EVO 4G LTE NOT innovative enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
That's an opinion.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

No it isn't. The nearly year old 4S STILL has a better camera than any of the new android devices, One series included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but while they're both very similar

HTC One X and iPhone 4S cameras face off (photos) - HTC One X and iPhone 4S cameras face off (photos) - CNET Reviews

And the One X and LTEvo are the same hardware wise so...

In case you didn't catch on the winning point is the shutter speed on the HTC One X... so umm ya...

For every review you post saying the one x is better, I can find three more saying the one x camera is hit and miss and disappointing given the hype.

What matters is real world use. And for normal users, the 4s camera produces better pictures. So....umm...ya...that just happened.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I think we should stop trying to derive happiness via our phones.

A buddy at work has some unknown touch screen feature phone but he's a content human being because he has real life things like friends, family, and love. He doesn't care that his phone doesn't do much more than let him talk to his girl, record stupid videos, and text friends.

I say we should get out, get fresh air, and be happy with what we have.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
For every review you post saying the one x is better, I can find three more saying the one x camera is hit and miss and disappointing given the hype.

What matters is real world use. And for normal users, the 4s camera produces better pictures. So....umm...ya...that just happened.

Wasn't a review it was a side by side comparison of the two phones which stated that the One X is sharper but the Iphone has better color. However the One X wins due to shutter speed...read what is linked before jumping to conclusions...

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Conclusion: Nexus camera sucks. :p

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well then by extension Google must be a horrible company, considering that Steve taught Eric Schmidt and Larry Page everything they know about running a tech company focused on innovation. (Steve was the mentor for both of them)

Oh, and Siri wasn't a government creation. It existed as an app that Apple bought, and them rebuilt to be better than the original.

Siri was created by a company that does research for government agencies and companies. It was originally going to be used for military applications like telling a missile or tank what to do by voice commands, but it ended up being more expensive than it was worth. I heard an interview with a military historian on the radio, and that was his account of the origin of Siri. It may have been created for other uses as well.
SRI International - an independent, nonprofit R&D organization dedicated to client success.

The difference in Google and Apple is that the Google founders aren't documented in several forms as being hateful human beings. There aren't abundant sources of them saying hateful things about other companies and other technology CEO's. Steven Jobs was an azz. I don't really care if the next iphone will cook me breakfast, I don't want to give my money to the Jobs ilk for that reason.

Reactions: Mom2Ninjas

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Is that right well go into a att store and compare a 4s camera to a htc one x i dare you......your bubble will burst :mad:

Already have. They're both great cameras, don't get me wrong. The pictures the 4s produces are just better though.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Siri was created by a company that does research for government agencies and companies. It was originally going to be used for military applications like telling a missile or tank what to do by voice commands, but it ended up being more expensive than it was worth. I heard an interview with a military historian on the radio, and that was his account of the origin of Siri. It may have been created for other uses as well.
SRI International - an independent, nonprofit R&D organization dedicated to client success.

The difference in Google and Apple is that the Google founders aren't documented in several forms as being hateful human beings. There aren't abundant sources of them saying hateful things about other companies and other technology CEO's. Steven Jobs was an azz. I don't really care if the next iphone will cook me breakfast, I don't want to give my money to the Jobs ilk for that reason.

You don't know what you're talking about. SRI and Siri Inc are two different companies. Sir I was the result of university research into natural speech recognition and was NEVER GOING TO BE USED FOR THE MILITARY.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't a review it was a side by side comparison of the two phones which stated that the One X is sharper but the Iphone has better color. However the One X wins due to shutter speed...read what is linked before jumping to conclusions...

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

I've read every review and comparison out there. The consensus out of all of them? The One X is very good, but the 4s is better.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
The camera on the 4S is still better than anything Android devices can offer.

Wow, yeah maybe after all the software BS Apple sends the photos through on the phone to make them look nice. If we're talking about raw picture quality straight from the sensor, I'm sure there are better camera's than the one on the 4S.

Either way I couldn't care less though because when I know I'm going to want to take photos ahead of time, I take my Canon 60D. Otherwise I'm sure the camera on the Evo 4G LTE is going to be great for those spur of the moment photos/videos.

KerkedAgain

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Already have. They're both great cameras, don't get me wrong. The pictures the 4s produces are just better though.

I've read every review and comparison out there. The consensus out of all of them? The One X is very good, but the 4s is better.

Not contradicting use guys, but a bit of added info is that the HTC camera app has a more robust option suite.. So while the 4s produces "better" pictures by default perhaps the One series, when tweaked, can exceed its quality.

I know it'd be preferred if it were better outta the box; but most of Android and HTC's worth, imo, is found in its extra options.

Couple of cents from me..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You don't know what you're talking about. SRI and Siri Inc are two different companies. Sir I was the result of university research into natural speech recognition and was NEVER GOING TO BE USED FOR THE MILITARY.

Looks like I do know what I'm talking about. Next time, ask your mommy or another adult for help researching things on the internet.

SRI International and Siri

"Did you know? Decades of SRI research in artificial intelligence, including leadership of the largest known artificial intelligence project in U.S. history, led to the development of the groundbreaking virtual personal assistant technology called Siri. SRI spun off Siri, Inc. in 2007 to bring the technology to consumers. In April 2010, Apple acquired Siri, and in October 2011, Siri was unveiled as an integrated feature of the Apple iPhone 4S."

AI Center :: Projects

"The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), under its Perceptive Assistant that Learns (PAL) program, has awarded SRI the first two phases of a five-year contract to develop an enduring personalized cognitive assistant. DARPA expects the PAL program to generate innovative ideas that result in new science, new and fundamental approaches to current problems, and new algorithms and tools, and to yield new technology of significant value to the military."

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys say that Siri is no big deal. I'm sorry I don't agree. The things I was able to ask it and receive an answer to right on the spot was amazing. I asked "Siri, what is the mass of the earth?" Got an answer faster than if i went to search it on the net. It is an amazing tool and you don't have to look like an idiot having a conversation with your phone. Just as it a question.

Your friends that have the phone but don't use it? Well thats them. I'd definitely use it because I search questions quite a bit.

And you say that there will only be incremental changes? Well where is the incremental beyond the expected upgrades for the EVO LTE? It doesn't even try anything new at all.

Apple will. I guarantee you.
You started a thread "EVO 4G LTE NOT innovative enough"

Alright, Siri "wowed you" instead of the new EVO. You should go buy it ?

Last edited:

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Other than Siri(which I'm personally not impressed with) what are you referring to. That cant be the only point of contention you have?

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You started a thread "EVO 4G LTE NOT innovative enough"

Alright, Siri "wowed you" instead of the new EVO. You should go buy it ?

You miss my point. Siri was only an example of a new twist on cell phone features wowing me and making me want to buy. I want to see more of that going forward. I don't want to go backward and buy the iPhone 4S. I wanna see more wow features in phones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay