EVO 4G LTE NOT innovative enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Simply put, this device does not wow me. It only plays on the fact that we all want so badly to upgrade. Especially those like me who still have the original Evo 4G. And yes, as soon as the phone was announced, I was super excited because I was waiting on it...

I believe they aren't pushing the evolution of cell phones enough. They are simply keeping up with the Joneses. We all expect for a next generation phone to have a better processor and smoother display. We all expect a better camera and updated UI.

What we need is something that will make the phone unique. LTE is not it. HD voice technology will not be around at launch and it will not be available to all users from the get go. And you mean to tell me that they couldn't even come up with software to at least compete with Siri?

Lets put it this way... Do you think the iPhone 5 will only have better hardware? Its gonna wow people with not just the expected upgrades but something that we didn't expect.

Face it, this phone is boring and will be old news as soon as the summer is over... The Galaxy S3 has more promise with their software. I'll be damned if I waste my 2yr upgrade on this.

What do you think?

Let me say this, Do you think Apple will release a phone whose selling point is only a faster processor? A better camer? HD Voice that isn't even going to be available at launch nor will it be available to all.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the iPhone 5 is going to wow either. Its going to add maybe 1/2 inch of screen, and maybe a slight bit of resolution over current Android phones. And maybe Apple will have their own navigation or search or something.

The phone industry is so competitive right now its nearly impossible to have a massive leap in innovation. When new flagship phones are being released every 2-3 months, everything is going to be incremental.

As far as software, everything has been incremental as well. What has been innovative about the iPhone 4S? Siri? Yawn, people are over it already - I haven't seen any of my iPhone friends even use it. iOS 4 --> 5? Incremental improvements. Even Android 2.0 --> 4.0 its just a series of steps adding things like more hardware acceleration.

Not sure what you are looking for. Until the next big thing comes out, which likely won't be a phone, I don't see how you can have anything other than incremental improvements to the technology just like with mp3 players, cars, computers, etc.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s3 doesn't offer much more than the Evo except for a few gadgets you really are not going to use. Svoice is a gimmick (trust me I have Siri) And its comming stateside with similar specs to the Evo.

The new LG comming out seems more like what you are looking for, but there is still no proof they have gotten a quad core processor to play nicely with our lte system. Trust me if the Tegra worked with our lte system the Evo would have it just like the us one x would.

Expect the iPhone 5 to have the following:
Larger screen
New design
Lte
(maybe a quad core a6 processor or they might save it for the 5s)

Apple likes to keep the differences small so they can stretch out the innovation and keep offering a better product each year so customers quit complaining about the things you mentioned.

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You guys say that Siri is no big deal. I'm sorry I don't agree. The things I was able to ask it and receive an answer to right on the spot was amazing. I asked "Siri, what is the mass of the earth?" Got an answer faster than if i went to search it on the net. It is an amazing tool and you don't have to look like an idiot having a conversation with your phone. Just as it a question.

Your friends that have the phone but don't use it? Well thats them. I'd definitely use it because I search questions quite a bit.

And you say that there will only be incremental changes? Well where is the incremental beyond the expected upgrades for the EVO LTE? It doesn't even try anything new at all.

Apple will. I guarantee you.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What more do you want. I think that "smart" phones are about as innovative as they are going to get for a while. They will get faster and have more capabilities to that of a desktop.

Are you looking for it to be able to do something like wash your car? There are only so many features you can pack into a device this small.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ezduzit

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
You've got to be kidding. iOS hasn't innovated a damn thing since it was introduced. Everything has been borrowed or stolen from the competition. Heck Siri was just an acquisition of an existing app. At best it will possibly provide hardware differentiation. In spite of the lack of innovation iphones sell crazy well so what's going to compel Apple to start now? Its a platform which has peaked and is riding the wave until it crashes.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey if you can make something work better than the company who created it then steal away baby! Don't matter to me that Apple didn't create these things. They made it work.

I can't wait to see what comes out from companies in the near future.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
You guys say that Siri is no big deal. I'm sorry I don't agree. The things I was able to ask it and receive an answer to right on the spot was amazing. I asked "Siri, what is the mass of the earth?" Got an answer faster than if i went to search it on the net. It is an amazing tool and you don't have to look like an idiot having a conversation with your phone. Just as it a question.

Your friends that have the phone but don't use it? Well thats them. I'd definitely use it because I search questions quite a bit.

And you say that there will only be incremental changes? Well where is the incremental beyond the expected upgrades for the EVO LTE? It doesn't even try anything new at all.

Apple will. I guarantee you.

The iPhone in no way is "innovative". It is a compilation of specs redefined and reintroduced as original. What Apple does better than everyone else is the puppet theater. When the 3G came out with no front facing camera, the fanboys went on and on about "who is going to bother using a front facing camera?" The facetime came out on the 4 and wow was that front facing camera so innovative. They have perfected the art of misdirection. Houdini could learn a thing or two from the marketing minds at Apple.

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone in no way is "innovative". It is a compilation of specs redefined and reintroduced as original. What Apple does better than everyone else is the puppet theater. When the 3G came out with no front facing camera, the fanboys went on and on about "who is going to bother using a front facing camera?" The facetime came out on the 4 and wow was that front facing camera so innovative. They have perfected the art of misdirection. Houdini could learn a thing or two from the marketing minds at Apple.

What good are all these tools created by other companies if they aren't introduced and used properly. I do consider what Apple has done to be innovative. They bring things together and make them useful whether they created it or not.

This post is not about Apple being better. It just so happens that they are a great and perhaps the best example of not following the norm.

We'll see what happens as time goes on but I bet that we will not see the next iPhone simply push out upgrades that we expect. And guess what It will still be the top selling phone in the US. Believe that playa! :D

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I know we are all upset about our phone not being here, but the rule about not feeding the trolls still applies.

Agreed. I'm done and I apologize to my fellow members for feeding the troll. I will not happen again. :rolleyes:

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to be all for HTC. But after seeing the evo which they half as**d in everyway I gave Samsung a try and couldn't be happier. One customer HTC lost.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to be all for HTC. But after seeing the evo which they half as**d in everyway I gave Samsung a try and couldn't be happier. One customer HTC lost.

What is so half assed about the Evo? Best screen on the market arguably the best camera, the only technology that is available it is lacking is the quad core processor, and that's the same for every smartphone at the moment that is comming to us shores.

It has the most up to date software available, and some of the best specs. If you are worried about Siri style interface it has been proven that in most aspects googles built in service is better and faster acting.

Watch the video about the Evo design and tell me they didn't try to innovate everything they had access to. Once quad core processors play well with our lte radios then we will see them on the market.

Seriously the phone isn't even out yet.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Simply put, this device does not wow me. It only plays on the fact that we all want so badly to upgrade. Especially those like me who still have the original Evo 4G. And yes, as soon as the phone was announced, I was super excited because I was waiting on it...

I believe they aren't pushing the evolution of cell phones enough. They are simply keeping up with the Joneses. We all expect for a next generation phone to have a better processor and smoother display. We all expect a better camera and updated UI.

What we need is something that will make the phone unique. LTE is not it. HD voice technology will not be around at launch and it will not be available to all users from the get go. And you mean to tell me that they couldn't even come up with software to at least compete with Siri?

Lets put it this way... Do you think the iPhone 5 will only have better hardware? Its gonna wow people with not just the expected upgrades but something that we didn't expect.

Face it, this phone is boring and will be old news as soon as the summer is over... The Galaxy S3 has more promise with their software. I'll be damned if I waste my 2yr upgrade on this.

What do you think?

Let me say this, Do you think Apple will release a phone whose selling point is only a faster processor? A better camer? HD Voice that isn't even going to be available at launch nor will it be available to all.
just to answer your question. yes! Well take a look at iphone 3gs to iphone 4 to iphone4s look at ipad 2 to the new ipad or ipad3 there isn't much major difference all the new iphone is going to have is display maybe 4in screen and a quad core processor maybe..i must admit gs3 is very nice indeed but i will take my htc due to fixes htc stands behind there high end phones....

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

wait are you talking about the EVO 3d or 4g.... can't be the LTE
and you can't be talking about Samsung G3 so you got the G2 right?
because IF your saying the EVO LTE is weaker then Samsung G3 two phones your NEVER used then you're full of it

steve41015

May 7, 2010
Visit site

just asked my phone, using voice search, "what is the mass of the earth?"
It gave me the answer.

I have an OG EVO that has been around long before your "inovative" SIRI

Status
Not open for further replies.