Amazon Wireless estimates shipping July 2: forget that.

jklaren

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
got an email from Amazon saying,

"We wanted to let you know that there is a delay in shipping item(s) in the order you placed on May 14, 2012 (Order# XXX-XXX).

1 of "HTC EVO LTE 4G Android Phone (Sprint)"
1 of "[FREE GIFT] AmazonBasics Micro USB Universal Car Charger with Micro to Mini USB Adapter and Nokia Barrel Adapter"

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

If you do not want us to cancel this order, please view and approve the new delivery date on the Order Details page in Your Account at AmazonWireless. (You can also copy and paste the above link into your browser's address window or visit AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories and click the Your Account link at the top of the page.)"

so I go to check my order status online and it says:

"Shipment #2: Not Yet Shipped
Shipping Estimate: Jul 2, 2012
Delivery Estimate: Jul 5, 2012
Shipping Speed: FREE Two-Day Shipping
Items Ordered:price
HTC EVO LTE 4G Android Phone (Sprint)
Phone#: XXX-XXX-XXXX
$149.99"

forget that! In 2 months there is bound to be something better out, and if not, I'll happily re-order this phone when it is actually shipping.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
From my experience with Amazon shipping estimates, they've been wrong. For example, Amazon would give me an estimate on an item I ordered of 3 to 5 business days, it usually would come the next business day after ordering.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
So, you want to cancel your pre-order of the HTC EVO 4G LTE? ? Inside Sprint Now

This is a question that I’ve gotten a lot in the past couple of days – How can I cancel my pre-order? Normally, that would be a very easy answer, because in any other normal situation, you really couldn’t ‘cancel’ a pre-order other than refusing shipment once it’s arrived. But these are certainly not ‘normal’ times, are they? Never before in the many years that I’ve been here have we ever found ourselves in this situation. So for that reason, things have changed multiple times over the past few days regarding how cancellations are handled for this particular situation. And they could change again, but for the time being, you’re witnessing a huge corporation do something that it rarely does – make changes based on customer need/response in near real-time (trust me when i say these changes would normally takes weeks or months to roll out). For you that’s probably boring and not the point, but for some of us, it’s history in the making. If nothing else, I hope we will have learned a few things from this ordeal as a company, and make some changes to both policies and communications. Maybe I’m dreaming. But anyways.. onto why you’re here.

So… if you realllllly need to cancel your pre-order, you can now do so. But before you decide to do that, let me say that I fully expect this phone to be in our hands by next week. And I’m also waiting for my HTC EVO 4G LTE! So while I can make no promises, or give you any new info yet… If my mom asked me when she’d have her new EVO, I’d say next week.

from inside sprint now blog^^^^

I'll take that over Amazon

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No way this phone is released AFTER June. Amazon is know to be F.O.S. when it comes to accurate shipping and delivery dates.

Until someone else says so, I'm going with Inside Sprint Now's date of 23 May.

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No way this phone is released AFTER June. Amazon is know to be F.O.S. when it comes to accurate shipping and delivery dates.

Until someone else says so, I'm going with Inside Sprint Now's date of 23 May.

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

The best signature ever ^^^

Reactions: WeGlobal

michelehevo

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the same June 2nd email from amazon I emailed them to ask if this was just a padded estimate or if they had actual information. They responded that unfortunately the product had been delayed " by a week" but they would upgrade me to free 1 day shipping. But now when I look at my order it is giving me a shipping date of May 21 and arrival of May 23!!

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Amazon estimate is just giving them a window to allow for whatever time Customs would or could have taken to get their crap together. The idea is it's safer to over-estimate than pull a Best Buy, give a random date that they again can't meet.

Guessing it's going to be in their hands and sent out at or about the same time Sprint gets theirs.... keeping my Amazon pre-order.

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, got this in reply from Amazon today. Sounds like July 5 is way off, and they're waiting for guidance/shipments from HTC. They're still being a little vague, and hedging their bets (a little frustrating), but they're being smart about it. I have a feeling we'll be getting an update quite soon. Also, I noticed where they updated me to next-day, which I didn't ask for. It sounds like they may be doing that across the board.

(Edited to hide personal info)

Hi xxxxx,

My name is Julie. I want to thank you for using AmazonWireless.com for your cell phone needs.

We have received the confirmation that the cell phones have been released from the U.S Customs. At this time we are anxiously awaiting the supplies. Until we start filling the orders, the Delivery date you have will not change.

We do not anticipate it taking until July for the delivery. We will keep you posted as to when your order will ship out. We will provide you a tracking number when it enters the shipping process. We have your shipping speed at one day. Once we receive the phones yours will ship out one day.

We are working hard to deliver your phone. Thank you for your patience while we work on the shipping.

If you have more questions, feel free to contact us. Our customer service associates can be reached at 877-429-8502 every day between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. central time.

You can also reach us by e-mail at amazonwireless@amazon.com.

We look forward to assisting you.

Best regards,

Julie
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've been emailing Amazon Wireless asking them for a more accurate date and here was their response.

Hello Anthony,

I'm sorry for the continued delays in your shipment and the continuous automated emails asking for your delay approval. If you do not want to wait any longer, you can certainly not approve the emails.

I checked the status and the current estimated delivery time frame according to HTC is still listed as the beginning of July. While we receive new inventory often, it's difficult to predict when a specific product will be available because of the manufacturer's issue with customs.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Audrey
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories
:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21