HTC StereoClip available at sprint.com

couragedragon

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with this ( Newegg.com - Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black) ) Samsung Stereo Clip-On Bluetooth Headset for Samsung HS3000

My reasons for going with this one is that it has added functionality and at half the cost. (it does support AptX, mentioned on the original product page and amazon, but not on newegg for some reason)

This adapter allows me to use a Male to Male 3.5mm adapter to do the same thing as the Stereo clip. In addition, the Samsung has a built in mic, and allows me to add bluetooth functionality to any set of headphones/earbuds. (also, longer battery life)

Half the cost and more versatile.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I considered the Samsung, but I couldn't find definitive evidence about the aptX support, and I saw a few negative reviews. It's definitely worth considering though, especially if you can find a local retailer that you can easily return it.

For me, a big + was the portability of the HTC - no additional cable that I need to worry about bringing with me when I travel.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, do you know if this will work with other devices? Say for instance I wanted to use this with my Xoom and stream audio from it to my outside speaker system on my back patio.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, do you know if this will work with other devices? Say for instance I wanted to use this with my Xoom and stream audio from it to my outside speaker system on my back patio.

Haven't been able to locate a users manual, but from the description & specs on the HTC site and the various hands on articles, it seems that it uses standard A2DP bluetooth and that your device needs to have aptX support to get the higher quality stream. HTC lists it as Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR minimum requirements, but in one of the videos from MWC, I think the HTC rep mentions it has BT 4.0 support.

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the head up. In my car i have a charger right next to my aux hookup. I currently have a dual usb charger. I should be able to plug it into the bt aux device and leave it charging all the time.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I already have BT in my car, but I might consider buying one for home use, like for my iPod dock or home theater. Hopefully it'll show up on Amazon soon with a much cheaper price.

I'd like to see a comparison review first between this one and the Samsung HS3000.

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
every forgets that his bt 4.0 clip support the new codec for better sound quality. I used to use bt in my car and the sound quality is ok but not great at all. I stopped using it. Im hoping this will be much better.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Received my shipping notice email from Sprint. ETA wednesday end of day via UPS 2nd day. Maybe my new EVO and the stereoclip will arrive together!

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Very tempting but if your phone already syncs to your car's bluetooth (voice calls only), would you have to choose to sync with either the car or the StereoClip? That would be a big no for me - while I listen to music half the time on my commutes, I am on the phone just as much :'(

couragedragon

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I received my Samsung HS3000 yesterday, just waiting on my EVO LTE!

While I don't have the HTC StereoClip, I'll do a review on the Samsung hopefully this weekend :D

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems less troublesome to just use the 3.5mm cable that I have been. No charging needed and no Bluetooth to fiddle with.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
got the htc clip today using with my og evo and from the few tests i did with the device the audio quality is just as good as the 3.5 cable and it can charge and be used at the same time.

so far so good.

one of the best things is that is only supports audio so it will not mess with any calling.

Last edited:

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
wait so it wont let me do hands free calling? that sucks. well I guess I wll just have to buy the HTC mic now also. lol

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I received my Samsung HS3000 yesterday, just waiting on my EVO LTE!

While I don't have the HTC StereoClip, I'll do a review on the Samsung hopefully this weekend :D

Cool, keep us posted as I'm tempted to get this one myself if it sounds good as using an AUX cable. But I still would like to see a comparison review between the two.

Maybe you can buy the HTC Stereo-Clip from the Sprint store and return it after you're done comparing the two. ;)

Last edited:

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from local Sprint store this evening

They had to go search in the back for it. It wasn't out for display yet. Easy enough to pair. Sounds just as good as the built-in BT systems that I had in the 3 rental cars(Hyundai Sonata, GMC Yukon, and Kia Sportage) I had in the past year.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got mine from local Sprint store this evening

They had to go search in the back for it. It wasn't out for display yet. Easy enough to pair. Sounds just as good as the built-in BT systems that I had in the 3 rental cars(Hyundai Sonata, GMC Yukon, and Kia Sportage) I had in the past year.

Who's they? The Sprint store? And I assume you're talking about the HTC dongle, not the Samsung one?

If it was the Sprint store, do you know if they had the car kit/mount for the Evo 4G LTE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781