HTC StereoClip available at sprint.com
05-26-2012 05:52 PM
- Apparently, Sprint is now selling the HTC StereoClip under accessories. This is the dongle that was advertised at MWC. Just placed my order and waiting for shipping notice. Hope Apple doesn't have some stupid patent on this too. Sounds like it's a good solution for the car, or anyplace with a 3.5mm headphone jack input. The OneX (& Evo) support the higher quality aptX codec for streaming bluetooth audio, which is supposed to make this sound better than normal A2DP audio. Good first look article here:
What's interesting is Sprint seems to be the only retailer that has them available. The Sprint website doesn't report it as out of stock or on backorder. AT&T doesn't have them online, and HTCpedia.com is reporting a backorder to 6/8/12.
Hope mine ships on Monday!05-20-2012 05:18 PM
- Apparently, Sprint is now selling the HTC StereoClip under accessories. This is the dongle that was advertised at MWC. Just placed my order and waiting for shipping notice. Hope Apple doesn't have some stupid patent on this too.
Interesting, since Sprint seems to be the only retailer that has them available. The website doesn't report it as out of stock or on backorder.
AT&T doesn't have them online, and HTCpedia.com is reporting a backorder to 6/8/12.
Hope mine ships on Monday!05-20-2012 05:21 PM
- 05-20-2012 05:36 PM
- 05-20-2012 06:23 PM
- 05-20-2012 08:07 PM
So I did that, caps lock on from the get go and fully qualified name, and it worked - go figure.
Of course YMMV but I put this out there FWIW (as it were).
sabbys05-20-2012 08:31 PM
- just ordered been looking for one. The reason i got it was because i get interference running my 3.5 cable and charging my phone at the same time. listening to a audio book and hearing a buzz every time i put my foot to the floor is just annoying.
btw i drive a lot 80-200 miles a day and i use my gps the hole day so need some thing nice and easy.
and it did let me order used a amex05-20-2012 08:46 PM
- 05-20-2012 09:04 PM
http://www.newtechnologymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/htc-stereoclip-hands-on8_1020_medium.jpg05-20-2012 09:05 PM
- Phil NickinsonAndroid Central Editor Emeritus
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qID8leHeVYU[/YT]05-21-2012 07:36 AM
- KoukiFC3SAndroid ConnaisseurAnyone seen the tunelink?
It goes in the cigarette charging port, and streams media from your phone over FM or audio jack.
It will also charge your phone really fast with its 2A charging rate.
The HTC one seems like it has better quality audio with the new codecs and whatnot, but this tunelink does not need to be charged.
The tunelink costs more than the HTC ($90 on amazon), but I did find mine on sale for ~$60.
Tune link Android Auto: Wireless Bluetooth Audio Car Kit FM Radio05-21-2012 08:54 AM
- I ended up going with this ( Newegg.com - Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black) ) Samsung Stereo Clip-On Bluetooth Headset for Samsung HS3000
My reasons for going with this one is that it has added functionality and at half the cost. (it does support AptX, mentioned on the original product page and amazon, but not on newegg for some reason)
This adapter allows me to use a Male to Male 3.5mm adapter to do the same thing as the Stereo clip. In addition, the Samsung has a built in mic, and allows me to add bluetooth functionality to any set of headphones/earbuds. (also, longer battery life)
Half the cost and more versatile.05-21-2012 09:12 AMLike 2
- I am wondering why no one talks about the Samsung. The stereoclip is supposed to be bluetooth 4.0 instead of 3.0. Wondering if that makes the sound better.
They say it does..05-21-2012 10:21 AM
- I considered the Samsung, but I couldn't find definitive evidence about the aptX support, and I saw a few negative reviews. It's definitely worth considering though, especially if you can find a local retailer that you can easily return it.
For me, a big + was the portability of the HTC - no additional cable that I need to worry about bringing with me when I travel.05-21-2012 10:52 AM
- 05-21-2012 11:37 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
HTC StereoClip available at sprint.com
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD