If they are shipping this evening, when does Best Buy get them?

JoeP15

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: If they are shipping this evening, when does Best Buy get the

I can shed a little light on this.

While most Best Buys will, in fact, receive two trucks per week, those are for general inventory replenishment.

New products like the EVO 4G LTE will generally drop ship via UPS. So, the "two trucks" info , while valid, isn't really relevant in this circumstance.

This can usually be confirmed by having an associate check their inventory system. If the item is either "In Transit" or "Inbound Allocated", then the item is coming from their warehouse on one of the two trucks.

If the item shows as "On Order", then it will arrive via UPS.

Last week, after pre-ordering, I checked and they showed as "On Order". So, they will be arriving via UPS.

So, then, the next question is where are they shipping from? Your distance from the shipping point will, obviously, determine when your Best Buy gets them.

I would expect Best Buy corporate to a) notify their stores as soon as they have definite info and b) send out another email either tonight or tomorrow morning updating everyone on the situation.

I have to think that, since the "official release date" has already passed and Sprint has already had enough of a black eye with this, that Sprint will allow the phones to be sold upon delivery, but they could still maintain a hard street date of either Thursday or Friday. It makes no business sense to hold them up even longer for some sort of launch event, but you never know.

BTW, it's also very possible that Sprint gave Best Buy the info that led them to initially suggest the 23rd, but that it was probably not meant for public consumption at the time because it could have taken longer and so, when Sprint heard that Best Buy had announced the 23rd, Sprint probably made them retract that date just in case.

Reactions: UNSCleric

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that info. I agree that they probably told Best Buy the 23rd cause they figured customs would be wrapped up in time, but like we saw a few hours, that almost didn't happen even today.

I'm starting to think Wednesday or Thursday at this point. I'm in Minnesota. Not sure where they're shipping from though. I know Best Buy HQ is here or whatever, not sure if that helps.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for that info. I agree that they probably told Best Buy the 23rd cause they figured customs would be wrapped up in time, but like we saw a few hours, that almost didn't happen even today.

I'm starting to think Wednesday or Thursday at this point. I'm in Minnesota. Not sure where they're shipping from though. I know Best Buy HQ is here or whatever, not sure if that helps.

The "Sprint" warehouse is actually a UPS hub in Louisville, KY. I don't know what UPS can do at such a late hour, logistically, but I'm sure tons of these devices are on planes as we speak and the bulk of them will be on planes early Tuesday morning. From there, they arrive at your regional/local UPS distribution center and they should be out for delivery Wednesday. I'm actually expecting to see some people, who live near major UPS centers anyway, getting devices tomorrow, although that is based solely on my experience with UPS and assuming that they began shipping right away.

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

That'd be great. I'm hoping for Wednesday. Wednesdays are already my most action-packed day of the week and it'd be sweet to kick it off with a trip to Best Buy at 9am.

Last edited:

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

The Sprint insider is awake and has tweeted a couple times to people in the last couple minutes, but doesn't know anything yet. I'm going to bed now, at nearly 7am CST, but hoping to know the day when I wake up.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I just talked to Amazon and they said that they did receive communication about the Evo's being released from customs. They don't know when the "official" release date is until Sprint tells them... Which we already knew :) I did get upgraded to one day shipping for free though so at least I got something out of the call :p

travisday2580

May 22, 2012
Visit site

I finally have a pending credit card charge from Best Buy.com so there is some movement going on.

anon(21547)

Banned
May 11, 2010
Visit site

I didn't receive any emails from BB, still waiting. Hopefully before Saturday we get our Evos. BB is waiting for Sprint to announce the new launch date to give out the Evos. I think BB already has them but don't got the word to sell. This is beyond annoying. These companies need to speed things up.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I want my phone by close of business Friday!!!!!!

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

anon(722103)

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Just chatted online with a BB rep. He said that Sprint.com unofficially stated a launch date of Thursday, if you preordered you would receive an email when your device was ready to be picked up in store or shipped, and that they would have the phones the same day as Sprint. All for what that is worth. Seems like to me the online BB reps are much more knowledgeable than the in-store ones.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Just chatted online with a BB rep. He said that Sprint.com unofficially stated a launch date of Thursday, if you preordered you would receive an email when your device was ready to be picked up in store or shipped, and that they would have the phones the same day as Sprint. All for what that is worth. Seems like to me the online BB reps are much more knowledgeable than the in-store ones.

Have talked to the Sprint person that handles the Best Buys for the region a few times and also with the Sprint Store people (non-corporate) in town and the impression I keep getting is that Sprint is more worried about BB than their own affiliated stores. Sprint employes constantly pissed at how BB always seems to be the priority.

richardrk

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

I personally don't care what day it releases this week. Just give us a release date :(

MinistrOfJustiz

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I personally don't care what day it releases this week. Just give us a release date :(

I care! My OG EVO must've been certain of the May 18 date, because since Friday it has been behaving badly. Chewing through the battery, won't charge through the micro-USB port... If I didn't have a spare battery with a SEIDIO charger, I'd be without a phone!

Hmm. Another reason to be concerned about the non-replaceable battery in the EVOLTE. If the port connection gets worn out there....

richardrk

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

I care! My OG EVO must've been certain of the May 18 date, because since Friday it has been behaving badly. Chewing through the battery, won't charge through the micro-USB port... If I didn't have a spare battery with a SEIDIO charger, I'd be without a phone!

Hmm. Another reason to be concerned about the non-replaceable battery in the EVOLTE. If the port connection gets worn out there....

My Prē was the same way. Now I'm stuck to a Touch Pro2 running the slowest operating system in history. I'm just ready for these guessing games to be over with.