Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail stores?

jaescott

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail store

For all of you who got or is getting your preorders today, go take pictures with your new toy and get off this thread... its not for you. Its for us dumb asses who didn't/couldnt preorder. Now back to the op question. WHEN WILL IT BE ON SHELVES? I sold my epic on the 15th expecting the evo on the 18th. So I bought the nexus knowing I have 14 days to return it. I needed a phone...now I'm screwed because I have to wait til my sprint store gets the evo so I can return the nexus...

Tracer785

May 17, 2012
Visit site

For all of you who got or is getting your preorders today, go take pictures with your new toy and get off this thread... its not for you. Its for us dumb asses who didn't/couldnt preorder. Now back to the op question. WHEN WILL IT BE ON SHELVES? I sold my epic on the 15th expecting the evo on the 18th. So I bought the nexus knowing I have 14 days to return it. I needed a phone...now I'm screwed because I have to wait til my sprint store gets the evo so I can return the nexus...

Dude, I am in the EXACT same boat but I bought a Moto Xprt on the 12th!!! If the evo doesn't come in by Saturday im screwed.

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you might be screwed. I have talked to three bbs, and others have posted about their stores. No one seems to have received any stock besides preorders, which makes me think a launch isn't happening in the next few days.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Here is what i got from a Sprint Chat Rep earlier today:Russel K: Thank you for your patience.
Russel K: I want to inform you that we do not have EVO LTE available at our stores.
Russel K: There is little delay in launching the phone.
Russel K: However, it will be available as soon as possible online to pre order and at the stores as well.
Russel K: We do not have any decided date to get availability for the phones.
Customer: Ok, i understand. I read where some customers that pre ordered have received their order. I have 2 at my local store with my name on them when they come in.
Russel K: If you have pre-ordered the phone. You will get it soon.
Russel K: We are pleased to announce that our warehouse has HTC EVO 4G LTE devices to fill pre-orders.
Russel K: Our warehouse is processing pre-orders and delivery is expected by 5/24.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Same here. The different reps don't even know that It's been cleared. :eek:

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

I have 2 reserved at my local store. They say they are not in & don't know when they will be. One rep. stated they are held up in Customs. I told her no they had been cleared & preorders had shipped. Still she said no. Finally the Mgr. assisted & said he had two for me but did not have them in. Maybe tomorrow he said.

I was on the phone with my closest corporate sprint store and I politely asked her when will you be getting some and she replied that they haven't cleared customs. I proceeded to tell her that they did clear customs being that one of my buddies just got his delivered from UPS this morning. She immediately got defensive and told me that my friend was lying to me and she said that it will probably be another couple of months before they are available. I then proceeded to tell her that my friend is currently sitting next to me with the phone in has hand. She paused for a second then put me on hold to go and speak with a manager. She came back to tell me that she didn't know when but pre-orders are being mailed out now. It just amazes me to see how clueless the average store level rep is, its pathetic.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

The truth is that they can't sell them and activate them until they're in their retail system. Those of you wanting them from a corporate store will just have to wait.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Seems like everyone is getting different answers. The chat rep seems to be more knowledgeable. If customers have actually gotten theirs please post pics.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Well I have until the 3rd of June to wait and see or Im sticking with the gnexus. Id like to see and at least have a choice between these phones rather then only being able to have the gnexus. Granted I love my phone, but Im curious as to what the LTE is all about. Hoping they will be here sometime next week or earlier. Other then that yall are fishing from the wrong holes and stressing over something you cannot change. The phone will be out, but asking a rep at a local store anything other then "am I available for an upgrade?" is just plain a waste of time.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Here is what i got from a Sprint Chat Rep earlier today:Russel K: Thank you for your patience.
Russel K: I want to inform you that we do not have EVO LTE available at our stores.
Russel K: There is little delay in launching the phone.
Russel K: However, it will be available as soon as possible online to pre order and at the stores as well.
Russel K: We do not have any decided date to get availability for the phones.
Customer: Ok, i understand. I read where some customers that pre ordered have received their order. I have 2 at my local store with my name on them when they come in.
Russel K: If you have pre-ordered the phone. You will get it soon.
Russel K: We are pleased to announce that our warehouse has HTC EVO 4G LTE devices to fill pre-orders.
Russel K: Our warehouse is processing pre-orders and delivery is expected by 5/24.

I just don't know how the people who ordered online are getting theirs now and those of us that walked into a store on 5/7 to pre-order are told we have to wait. I'm kicking myself because I debated on ordering online versus in-store. I wish i ordered it online now.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I think some preorders will definitely get their phones the day before, but some of the later preorders will receive their phones after the Sprint stores get them, I saw this happen with a few iphone elitest I work with, one preordered the 4s the very first day that he could, the other went into the store and bought his, the preorder guy didnt get his until the day after the launch day lol

that's BS...

I preordered on 5/14 and just got mine delivered today..
it doesn't matter when you preordered as long as you preordered!

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I took my new EVOlte into the local store today so they could activate it since it wouldn't activate via the online page.

It was the first time any of them had seen one. They all came to look and play with it. They did not have any, not even a demo, in the store. They do not know when they will be getting them either. Hopefully it will be soon.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

k so i've never headed a huge company, i've never launched a flagship phone, & never done a gazillion other things that Sprint has accomplished or failed at...

But surely if you can launch 100+ phones (i might be exaggerating but it helps to stress my point : ) out that people barely care about (and that includes the i-phone) over the course of 2 years, you can launch ONE flagship device without soooooo many delays & drama, pissing off the few customers you have left.... Surely?

I understand the side of ppl saying, "its just a phone, not gonna change ur life, blah blah blah" they are indeed RIGHT. However, that does not stop me from calling/checking/seizing every up-to-the-minute detail i can get my hands on, and does not alleviate the level of frustration experienced with each, "um, its still at customs" reply i encounter when inquiring about this phone. In the old days we used to say, "Pick up a newspaper once in a while ferchrissakes", now i guess it would be, "good gravy, read a homepage" lol

....but either way, i find it utterly ridiculous, irresponsible, bad business and i'm embarrassed for them (and trust me, i KNOW Sprint embarrassment.... have you tried to showing off your Quadrant scores and hit "yes" at the end to "send the information" so u can get a result and the "network communication errors" force you tell the person "uh, um, er, trust me, its fassssssst...i can show u IF u have an hour to kill while i try 5 more times......lol

Ok back to topic..... If this were just one of many Sprint devices i think i'd be wayyyyy more understanding, but even the way they had the "enticing Pre Order countdown" on the Sprint Page almost a month ago seems a little pathetic and like grandstanding in light of all the delays, mis/lack of information..

Just one gal's opinions, ur free to not see it my way, won't hurt my feelings : )

BTC

Last edited:

Tuco314

May 18, 2012
Visit site

I also pre-ordered two Evo's from my local Sprint Store. I have yet to read a post from someone who pre-ordered at a Sprint store who actually received a phone or knows when they will arrive. 3 weeks later (today) they tell me that they have no idea where my phones are or when to expect them. I asked for the order number so I could check myself where they are with the national office, but they would not give me an order number. I'm pretty sure that those of us who ordered in the stores got screwed. I don't think my store ordered anything. They just took my deposit and will wait until the launch, maybe they will call me some day, but I doubt it. So far they have not called me back when they said they would. Why would they do this? My only guess is that by taking my deposit they got me on the hook to purchase at their store.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah that's me. I called and Sprint pulled my upgrade forward, I think you should be able to do the same.

Cool! Enjoy your EVO when it shows up. I tried twice on Customer Care chat and once in store so I just gave up and decided to wait. Of course now my OG Evo wants to start acting up. I might have to shoot it! :D

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I also pre-ordered two Evo's from my local Sprint Store. I have yet to read a post from someone who pre-ordered at a Sprint store who actually received a phone or knows when they will arrive. 3 weeks later (today) they tell me that they have no idea where my phones are or when to expect them. I asked for the order number so I could check myself where they are with the national office, but they would not give me an order number. I'm pretty sure that those of us who ordered in the stores got screwed. I don't think my store ordered anything. They just took my deposit and will wait until the launch, maybe they will call me some day, but I doubt it. So far they have not called me back when they said they would. Why would they do this? My only guess is that by taking my deposit they got me on the hook to purchase at their store.

i did same and pre-ordered at the Sprint store and despite calling them 2 to 3 times a day for updates and getting each person who seems to know less & less instead of more & more, i don't think ur screwed in terms of having to purchase there. Your 50.00 gift card can be used towards your bill, get your EVO however you can and then just redeem your GC as a payment.

i totally agree with you that i don't think they pre-ordered jacksquat... i HATE my Sprint store, hours to get waited on, uninterested sales force, never answer their phone, ugh...is this anyway to run an airline?! lol

BTC

Last edited:

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I stopped at my local Sprint corporate store today and spoke with someone who seemed to have a clue. They said the latest they've heard internally is 5/28 for an in-store release.

I also found out that my time spent calling CS and asking to move my update forward 14 days was a waste. I would have to order with Telesales or wait until 6/1 to get the phone. I will be traveling next week, so that's out of the question for me.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My guess now is a release date on 5/29, launch 6/1. The only thing I can think of was allowing Customs to process more and get their inventory up to reasonable levels. Also, a lot of people should be eligible on 6/1, so that may have played a part in that date being chosen.

I'm purely spitballing at this point, but it seems fairly logical.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from my local sprint store and asked when the new evo would be in store and he said it should be in sometime next week

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking an end of the week release makes sense. It won't be Tuesday since that would mean everything was prestaged since Monday is a holiday. I think we would have heard from InsideSprintNow if they were prestaged for a launch.

Earliest I think is Wednesday, so they have Tuesday to prepare and send communications.

Here's hoping!

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking an end of the week release makes sense. It won't be Tuesday since that would mean everything was prestaged since Monday is a holiday. I think we would have heard from InsideSprintNow if they were prestaged for a launch.

Earliest I think is Wednesday, so they have Tuesday to prepare and send communications.

Here's hoping!

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

Me too I'm in the same boat i can't wait til the evo is available I want to get my evo as soon as i pay for it that why I'm skipping preorder

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax