Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail stores?

In the interest of time (or lack thereof) and not wanting to go through the scores of articles, forum posts etc (ok yea I'm being lazy but come on, there really are a ton of write ups, none of them talking about more than the "shipping" part)...when will the Evo 4G LTE be available in Sprint stores (or Radio Shack, or Best Buy etc)...for the rest of us who did not pre-order?

Default Re: Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail store

The exact date has yet to be announced. We're standing by...

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

everyone, including us pre-orders, are waiting for any kind of solid information from sprint. they said "by may 24" so if we have to wait till thursday, then i guess we have to. 3rd party sources are saying the may 24 date also or just saying they will send them out when sprint does. so basically we're all waiting to hear from sprint saying that they are def shipped out. i would really love an update in the next hour or so...

Global Posts
    765 Global Posts

It's that difficult to read the articles on this site. AC does a great job of keeping us updated. It takes more work to make a thread than it does to scroll along the front page...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    It's that difficult to read the articles on this site. AC does a great job of keeping us updated. It takes more work to make a thread than it does to scroll along the front page...
    Oh trust me, I LOVE AC, and it is one of my daily readers for some time now. The articles are greatly written and relevant to many different interests, so I regard this site highly. But you have to admit, there are so many articles and forum posts so far about this specific topic, that while at work I just don't have time to read at the moment. I'll catch up with them all soon.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ericj12 View Post
    everyone, including us pre-orders, are waiting for any kind of solid information from sprint. they said "by may 24" so if we have to wait till thursday, then i guess we have to. 3rd party sources are saying the may 24 date also or just saying they will send them out when sprint does. so basically we're all waiting to hear from sprint saying that they are def shipped out. i would really love an update in the next hour or so...
    Hmm...so maybe an educated guess is if the shipping pre-orders are tentatively scheduled for Thursday the 24th, maybe the store release will be Friday the day after? A week after the initial release isn't too bad...
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Ive been saying it would be the 25th, but Sprint is really dropping the ball on this entire thing. I have the money set aside to walk into my local Sprint corporate store and pay full price for an evo because I hate my Epic touch, but if Sprint doesnt announce a release date by tomorrow Im gonna order some goodies for my car

Another post? you opened this because you are lazy?
    This thread should be closed.... Come on....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    kaablewy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    Ive been saying it would be the 25th, but Sprint is really dropping the ball on this entire thing. I have the money set aside to walk into my local Sprint corporate store and pay full price for an evo because I hate my Epic touch, but if Sprint doesnt announce a release date by tomorrow Im gonna order some goodies for my car
    It seems clear by now that Sprint doesn't really care one way or another about this whole ordeal. They've been nonchalant from the start and are getting worse with each day of silence and no progress. The past month of hold-up has been Apple's fault, but it's all on Sprint now.

phone scoop said that a shipment went out and sprint preorders should see them on or about the 24th no news about the others

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNSCleric View Post
    It seems clear by now that Sprint doesn't really care one way or another about this whole ordeal. They've been nonchalant from the start and are getting worse with each day of silence and no progress. The past month of hold-up has been Apple's fault, but it's all on Sprint now.
    i dont know if i believe that they dont care. any company would care about a delay on a flagship product. the lack of communication possibly tells me that this caught them completely by surprise and they are running around trying to sort everything out and not give information that may not be true. i bet the top brass of sprint is giving htc some [deleted] over this...
    Last edited by Paul627g; 05-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

i dont know if i believe that they dont care. any company would care about a delay on a flagship product. the lack of communication possibly tells me that this caught them completely by surprise and they are running around trying to sort everything out and not give information that may not be true. i bet the top brass of sprint is giving htc some sh*t over this...
    We have a guy on the inside who is telling us Sprint hasn't even talked about this issue one bit today, and if they did it was really quick at the end of the day. That's not what a company would do if this was a priority to them at all.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNSCleric View Post
    We have a guy on the inside who is telling us Sprint hasn't even talked about this issue one bit today, and if they did it was really quick at the end of the day. That's not what a company would do if this was a priority to them at all.
    i agree its not good to have any new info, but again, there might not be any solid info to give, and instead of giving the customer service reps a new story to tell customers every couple hours, they keep all info internalized until something solid is known.

i dont know. just my 2 cents...

i agree its not good to have any new info, but again, there might not be any solid info to give, and instead of giving the customer service reps a new story to tell customers every couple hours, they keep all info internalized until something solid is known.

i dont know. just my 2 cents...
    But...we have a guy on the inside, and not even he can get any information about where the phones are and when/if they shipped to retailers yet. That is what is so ridiculous.

Have you tried to buy your upgrade?

An unofficial Sprint resource said: "I feel confident that the HTC EVO 4G LTE will be in stores throughout the nation by February 28th, 2013."
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
    Have you tried to buy your upgrade?
    nah I aint close to eligible, I just got this pos epic touch in November

I'm guessing the 25th, but I also agree Sprint has dropped the ball horribly on this issue. At this point, skip the launch nonsense and get the phone to stores. Every day you don't have it for sale to the public you risk losing sales to other phones and carriers.
    UNSCleric likes this.

You can buy your upgrade. I got the epic touch 4g in nov too and for $165 sprint let me upgrade to the new evo lte for $199.00 give them a call and ask for retention dept and that you want to buy out your upgrade.

Ian B

Wow for 165$ you could take that epic touch and sell it and make twice that back.

Good deal

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

People complaining about ISN should relax. He's done more than help everyone through this debacle. Just because he isn't giving new info 1 day after dropping the news they released the evos yesterday, the dude deserves to relax. If there is info he will give it.
    The Rapper

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Bamm83 View Post
    People complaining about ISN should relax. He's done more than help everyone through this debacle. Just because he isn't giving new info 1 day after dropping the news they released the evos yesterday, the dude deserves to relax. If there is info he will give it.
    On top of that, he's risking his job, and risking facing a lawsuit.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

PPC-6700> HTC Touch> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro 2> HTC Evo 4G> HTC Evo 3D> HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartinbsu View Post
    Wow for 165$ you could take that epic touch and sell it and make twice that back.

Good deal

Yep, sold the epic touch for $200.00 in an hour from posting on Craigslist. That will cover new evo and activation fee after $50 discount through BB preorder. I am ok with paying the $165.00 fee. If this phone is not here by Sunday I may cancel and wait for sprint Galaxy s3 to come out in June. I am still debating getting the evo as there is no lte in Austin, Texas scheduled soon.

Ian B

Quote Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
    You can buy your upgrade. I got the epic touch 4g in nov too and for $165 sprint let me upgrade to the new evo lte for $199.00 give them a call and ask for retention dept and that you want to buy out your upgrade.

Ian B
    thanks for the info, I called last week and they stated there was nothing they could do for me, guess maybe I can try calling back

Gotta agree it (Epic Touch) kinda does seem crappy. A year ago i REALLY liked it ('cept for LOS Bug) so when i heard the EVO LTE was held up for an undeterminable amount of time, i went with the ET, but after just a few days of looking & using it, it just had zero pizazz compared to all the features i had played with on the HTC One X (which has same innards as the EVOLTE, only better)

Returned the ET, and got the H ONE X, love the phone & design, but hate the lack of SD Storage (knew that going in), and now finding out even tho NFC is enabled, Google Wallet won't work, plus the curved form factor looks warped to me...

So i will be bouncing back to Sprint i think, IF when i finally get to see this phone in person it looks like something i can live with (oy that black plastic makes me shudder just thinking about it...lol)

BTC
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast