Evo LTE battery.. What should I do about it for best performance?

Jesselcox

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I know we're all excited about our new evos! But I have a question concerning the battery.. What should I do when I get the phone? Should I charge it all the way up? Or drain the battery then charge it? What will allow the best battery performance? Thanks guys. :)

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I know we're all excited about our new evos! But I have a question concerning the battery.. What should I do when I get the phone? Should I charge it all the way up? Or drain the battery then charge it? What will allow the best battery performance? Thanks guys. :)

It's best to charge when it's low only and once a month let it die then charge it.

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

Reactions: strawhatnito0890

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Evo LTE battery.. What should I do about it for best performa

It's best to charge when it's low only and once a month let it die then charge it.

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

Actually I disagree that being the best advice for lithium ion batteries. They can be charged whenever and it isn't good for them to be allowed to fully depleted often.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Evo LTE battery.. What should I do about it for best performa

uh oh. disparity among the suggestions. maybe this will be a good conversation topic to take everyone's mind off the fact that we have no phones...

anthony_molg

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually I disagree that being the best advice for lithium ion batteries. They can be charged whenever and it isn't good for them to be allowed to fully depleted often.

I would agree. Most older battery techs required full cycles. Lithium batteries are pretty good as long as you never fully deplete.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I apologize these were the recommended instructions for the og evo...didn't know the battery was different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech