Official HTC Evo Car Dock Unboxing Video

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's an unboxing video (not mine) that I found over on XDA. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed in the car dock, since it looks like the E4GLTE version does not have the included cable from the One X version, and it's not the same design for the attachment arm/suction cup. However, it seems that it is compatible with cases.

HTC Evo 4G LTE Car Dock Unboxing

XDA Thread

Last edited:

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no charging cable? That is pretty silly. Fail. Any idea how much it is?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Someone on the XDA thread mentioned $35, but I have not had a chance to visit a Sprint store and it's not on the website either, at least when I last checked this morning.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty similar to the Dock I bought for my E3D, but it was $45! I know the phone has different dimensions, so I don't think the E4GLTE will fit in my E3D dock, but I'll try it out before I buy a new one.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe it's the official HTC dock. They put cables in E V E R Y T H I N G! I have 7 of them. This looks like an aftermarket one in a Sprint-branded box.

It actually looks exactly like the one I bought from AC for my E3D. It was made by iGrip. They sold it in Sprint stores as well, but it wasn't official HTC. For the record, the iGrip does work with most cases. There's an insert you place in the dock to hold a naked phone; take it out and you have extra room to accommodate a case.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it's the official HTC dock. They put cables in E V E R Y T H I N G! I have 7 of them. This looks like an aftermarket one in a Sprint-branded box.

It actually looks exactly like the one I bought from AC for my E3D. It was made by iGrip. They sold it in Sprint stores as well, but it wasn't official HTC. For the record, the iGrip does work with most cases. There's an insert you place in the dock to hold a naked phone; take it out and you have extra room to accommodate a case.

But the picture on the box looked like what was inside the box. What confuses me is how the so called official dock for the Evo 4G LTE is so different from the official dock for the One X.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought it wad a little strange for it to be the official htc dock, since the branding & logo on the box is different from the htc standard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty similar to the Dock I bought for my E3D, but it was $45! I know the phone has different dimensions, so I don't think the E4GLTE will fit in my E3D dock, but I'll try it out before I buy a new one.

It sure does look similar. When I switched to the Epic 4G Touch I was pondering selling my EVO 3D dock, I will try it out to see if the EVO LTE will fit.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 or maybe 4 of the OG EVo Docks and they work great . I might pick up a few of these and then see if something else comes out. I'm in and out of 4 cars and my Motorcycle then I like a Dock for home as well. I also can't decide if I'm going caseless or not so maybe I'll just get 1 until I find a case I like . I just like the idea of dropping them in instead of having to plug it in every time.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is NOT an official HTC product. Looks like it was made by iGrip and packaged for Sprint. I have the iGrip for my Evo3D and it is the same.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
This is NOT an official HTC product. Looks like it was made by iGrip and packaged for Sprint. I have the iGrip for my Evo3D and it is the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't an official HTC dock. Look how much better the dock for the One X looks:
htc-one-x-car-cradle-back-htc-card110-e1.jpg

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea and that is similar to my OG Evo docks . I hope they come out with something like that they work very well for my needs . I'm still getting at least 1 of the others if I can find them before the HTC one comes out.

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Sprint version. It allows you to keep your case on and the HTC version does not.

I see no point in putting a case on a phone. For one, they all are ugly as ****, and they add bulk to the phone. The Evo 4G LTE has Gorilla Glass 2, and an aluminum body/frame. I'm not worried about my screen scratching easily or my phone breaking if I accidentally drop it.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The HTC dock (pictured above) is A LOT more expensive than the Sprint dock. While it may look nicer, I am not willing to pay $50 more for it to get the same functionality! The Sprint dock I got for my E3D worked perfectly and still worked when a case was installed. Never had an issue with it, but it did not come with a charging cable. I had to use one of my many spares!

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I see no point in putting a case on a phone. For one, they all are ugly as ****, and they add bulk to the phone. The Evo 4G LTE has Gorilla Glass 2, and an aluminum body/frame. I'm not worried about my screen scratching easily or my phone breaking if I accidentally drop it.

oh no, have to have a case of some kind. I would destroy every phone I had if I didn't.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
The HTC dock (pictured above) is A LOT more expensive than the Sprint dock. While it may look nicer, I am not willing to pay $50 more for it to get the same functionality! The Sprint dock I got for my E3D worked perfectly and still worked when a case was installed. Never had an issue with it, but it did not come with a charging cable. I had to use one of my many spares!

If it's something I'm going to be using almost every day, then I'm willing to shell out more cash for it to fit the phone better without adding bulk around the edge of the device. Also the build quality just seems better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez