Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Something is Wrong Here

The fact that Sprint is acting like am amateur unorganized company here by not announcing a launch makes m wonder if something else isnt up with is company? Are they in trouble? Is someone forcing them to play is down? This just makes absolutely no.ensemble.from abusiness perspective.
    Thanked by:
    UNSCleric likes this.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Re: Something is Wrong Here

yeah, this hasnt been debated in almost every other thread...
    Thanked by 2:
    mooscRy 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

They have bunch of pre-orders that they want to ship before announcing the official launch date. I don't see the problem here.
    Thanked by 4:
    secretmethod70, Gator352 and Ry like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Are they intentionally trying not to negate that iPhone deal they have going on right now?Something must be going on.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

I don't buy the preorders being the only issue. They should still be publically unveiling this phone.
    UNSCleric likes this.

My guess is they have more preorders than stock at the moment. Why announce the release of a phone not a single person can go into the store and pick up? Or might be backordered for a couple weeks?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry, learntall and loudsilene like this.

I agree 100% TC. Many on this forum don't wanna hear it though.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Well before the EVOGATE happened, everything was in place for official launch and pre-order shipping. Pre-order shipping got delayed, but apparently orders kept coming from third party websites and so on. So now they're having to fill those orders while also clearing additional inventory from customs. I am thinking they want to have enough units in hand at all the stores before announcing an official date.

Sprint is only playing safe here.
    secretmethod70 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Are they intentionally trying not to negate that iPhone deal they have going on right now?Something must be going on or at least evn being in business, I can't fathom why they are al utterly publicaly locally closed mouthed.

Also, they're not trying to beat any date here, really. 2 years ago they wanted to release the EVO 4G before Apple's conference because Apple was supposed to unveil a phone with a camera on the front. The EVO wanted to be first at that, so they had their release days before that conference and the release of the iPhone 4.

Today? There's no iPhone in sight. At least a month if not 4 away. The Galaxy has no release date. An apple conference is weeks away.

They're just playing it cool. The only people that knew the launch was the 18th was people who already ordered the phone. Everyone else? They'll have available stock on hand when they do the public launch.

It doesn't make sense for them to do anything else other than wait. They have the time and they're just waiting to do it right.

As for any conspiracies.. The amount of orders they'd get would FAR surpass any losses from an iPhone trade in deal they're trying to snuff. This is pure supply and demand. There's no supply, and no additional (public) demand either... Might as well wait to create the demand after you have the supply to back it up.
    deecon and secretmethod70 like this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Conspirators... you guys are hilarious.

"There MUST be something else"

It was announced to launch on the 18th. They BARELY figured out the pre-orders (you know, the ones we all b**ched about, exclaiming we weren't getting them early anymore and such)

They made NO promises to those that would be buying on launch day. The promises were made to us, that pre-ordered : "Get them before launch" - That's it.

Now, they'll figure out a suitable launch day, organize correctly (as originally planned for the 18th) and execute.

You guys are adorably hilarious with your theories....

Quote Originally Posted by UNSCleric View Post
    I agree 100% TC. Many on this forum don't wanna hear it though.
    There might not be anything to hear. You guys need to give it up already.
    Thanked by:
    secretmethod70, Ry and ffejjj like this.

lol I'm sure they rather be slow with updates then fast with possible wrong information.

Our phone's are one week late and that's with a huge customs debacle. Personally i dont blame them....but i still want my da*m phone
    deecon and secretmethod70 like this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

"EVOGATE"? Really?

My lord.... lol
    Warrenisit likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Let me guess, a few of you probably think the moon landing was faked too...

Basic PR says downplay a problem you don't talk about it. It's also virtually out of Sprint's hands, trust me, they want to sell you the phone as bad as you want to buy it, but they have to fill pre-orders first.

Pre-order next time if you want to get it first.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNickname View Post
    "EVOGATE"? Really?

My lord.... lol
    Well what's crazy is I heard from by barber's counsin's girlfriend's uncle's trainer knows Dan personally and he's actually a robot!!! That's just what I heard...

Sent from my antique Evo 3D which can now be found at the Smithsonian
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

I heard Sprint released very reliable info regarding launch date and even the anticipated customs delay wayyyyyyy back in April, the only problem is they have downloaded the info using their own data network @ a blazing fast speed of approx 25 kbps so the info should just about reach us by June....l

BTC
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol
    Hurleygm and sledgie#AC like this.

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

Tupac, Elivis and Anna Nicole Smith are actually hoarding all of the phones in a cabin in North Dakota. They said they won't release the phones until the Lock Ness Monster shows his face and the government admits we never landed on the moon.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNickname View Post
    "EVOGATE"? Really?

My lord.... lol

Not my creative work, rather what Insidesprintnow guy has been using to describe this entire debacle.

BREAKING NEWS

Something is Wrong Here-uploadfromtaptalk1337817148799.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSY TEXAS CHICK View Post
    I heard Sprint released very reliable info regarding launch date and even the anticipated customs delay wayyyyyyy back in April, the only problem is they have downloaded the info using their own data network @ a blazing fast speed of approx 25 kbps so the info should just about reach us by June....l

BTC
    BAZINGA!

Quote Originally Posted by JManekia View Post
    Well before the EVOGATE happened, everything was in place for official launch and pre-order shipping. Pre-order shipping got delayed, but apparently orders kept coming from third party websites and so on. So now they're having to fill those orders while also clearing additional inventory from customs. I am thinking they want to have enough units in hand at all the stores before announcing an official date.

Sprint is only playing safe here.
    I agree 100%. Nobody wants to make the same mistake twice.
    Trlbnd likes this.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JManekia View Post
    Not my creative work, rather what Insidesprintnow guy has been using to describe this entire debacle.
    He tweeted an hour ago that 5/25 is the launch day. Assuming some news tomorrow.

I bet OP is wearing a tinfoil hat.
    Trlbnd likes this.

if I can have the dude who wore the tin foil hat sitting beside me...I am all for wearing a tin foil hat!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast