How do you feel about Sprint's handling of post Custom events

Are you happy Sprint's customer relations post Customs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I feel if Sprint would have been open with the lines of communication post Customs, I would be alot happier right now. Instead I am wondering if it is time to move on.

coljalo

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The majority of Sprint's customers have little to no idea that anything even went on...yes, those of us that want to know every move our phones make until they are in our hands would have liked to know exactly what was going on...but, it didn't work that way, and I'm getting my phone tomorrow, so, I'm not too worried about it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Move on? No not for me.

Although this has been discussed i will give my opinion here too :)

I have had Sprint since 1999 and over the past 13 years there have been times of horrid customer service. I think they have made moves to the good. So the current situation is that Sprint posted a release date of 5/18 and could not make the date. This is because of a hold by custom's where htc could not make their delivery.

So Sprint stopped taking pre orders and said they would get our devices to us as soon as possible (no eta given) How were they to know when that would be. We've even seen posts where htc thought it could take 4-6 weeks to clear.

So in one weeks time our phones have been cleared of customs and tracking orders have been sent. Sprint has also said that all pre-orders will be filled first before a phone is made available to the public.

Should they give a launch date by now? Well considering the events of the past week and also not knowing how many people will keep there pre orders (i will) I would hold off till i had a positive date 100% Then they can come on and say NOW phones are on sale.

So really my opinion is overall i'm happy. Sure i wanted my phone on the 18th but i'll have it tomorrow (1 week late) I'll have a great phone from a good carrier (as my experience has been)

This whole deal has been handled in a timely fashion if you ask me, even if we didnt get every detail asap

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I likes how throughout the whole ordeal their announcement of their superb customerservice was displayed everywhere the Evo was supposed to be.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering what they knew and when they really knew it. Not to get all conspiracy-theory or anything, but I wonder if they knew about the ITC hold much earlier and just assumed that the devices would be released within a couple of weeks, making the 18th a perfectly reasonable release date. After all, it did take them awhile to announce the date, even after preordering began. Maybe they were told one thing and sat back while another happened. Who knows? I believe we will find out much more about this whole episode when their next quarterly earnings reports come out and they have their investor conference calls. All of that info is public info from a publicly traded company.

All that being said, there is no reason to keep us in the dark, as loyal customers. If you don't know the new release date I don't expect you to make one up. But at least tell me "The ITC hold was much longer than we were led to believe but we are getting our shipping process started from scratch. It's going to take a couple of days because we were prohibited from even packing the devices up and we're dealing with X, Y and Z here, so please bear with us." Something. Anything.

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. The silence was and is ridiculous. This is not a kid's toy, we're all adults buying it, we're spending hundreds on it (and thousands on contracts) and should be able to know the situation, whether it good or bad.

elvis077

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think too many people cry too much. And no one really follows up on threats. Do it. Leave sprint. Do it. Have fun. Sometime between tomorrow and someday, I will buy a new evo and shut up about it.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think too many people wine too much. And no one really follows up on threats. Do it. Leave sprint. Do it. Have fun. Sometime between tomorrow and someday, I will buy a new evo and shut up about it.

I keep trying but i cant like this post twice no matter how much i try lol

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering what they knew and when they really knew it. Not to get all conspiracy-theory or anything, but I wonder if they knew about the ITC hold much earlier and just assumed that the devices would be released within a couple of weeks, making the 18th a perfectly reasonable release date. After all, it did take them awhile to announce the date, even after preordering began. Maybe they were told one thing and sat back while another happened. Who knows? I believe we will find out much more about this whole episode when their next quarterly earnings reports come out and they have their investor conference calls. All of that info is public info from a publicly traded company.

All that being said, there is no reason to keep us in the dark, as loyal customers. If you don't know the new release date I don't expect you to make one up. But at least tell me "The ITC hold was much longer than we were led to believe but we are getting our shipping process started from scratch. It's going to take a couple of days because we were prohibited from even packing the devices up and we're dealing with X, Y and Z here, so please bear with us." Something. Anything.

but it's a double-edged sword. if they came out and said "it's going to take a couple days, so bear with us" like you suggest, people on here would be slamming sprint for being so vague and not knowing exact details. i feel the info they provided was fine. they said our phones would be here around the 18th, then they said there was a holdup, then they said they would be here around the 24th. i dont need them to give me updates every 2 hours. sure i was going crazy, but that's my fault. if i just said whatever and waited patiently like a normal person, i wouldnt have gone so crazy. but im getting my phone tomorrow morning now, less than a week later than i thought, so im content.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Jesus people really? The ordeal is almost over. Get over it. It's a frickin phone. They don't owe you 100% transparency. They just owe you a phone. And they are working to get it to you. Within a week of the ITC blocking the phones they are being sent out. Sounds good to me.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Jesus people really? The ordeal is almost over. Get over it. It's a frickin phone. They don't owe you 100% transparency. They just owe you a phone. And they are working to get it to you. Within a week of the ITC blocking the phones they are being sent out. Sounds good to me.

Hey! For some of us that live in our parents basements, a phone is all we have.

Reactions: mykrlz182

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think too many people wine too much. And no one really follows up on threats. Do it. Leave sprint. Do it. Have fun. Sometime between tomorrow and someday, I will buy a new evo and shut up about it.

You're right I've drinking "wine" through this whole ordeal, it was all I could do to get through it!;)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They did a great job handling a horrible situation.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Meh. Could've been a lot worse. Should've been better. At least there's still some communication, and I've got my email notification and tracking information, so I can't complain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2