Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!

Now considering waiting till SG3. I went to Best Buy yesterday too to order the phone. Rats If I knew it was a software fix, I'd pick it up this Friday, but kinda scared now that it's the camera itself.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeatandroidcentral View Post
    Now considering waiting till SG3. I went to Best Buy yesterday too to order the phone. Rats If I knew it was a software fix, I'd pick it up this Friday, but kinda scared now that it's the camera itself.
    I have no doubtit's camera itself.. quality looks kinda 2 MP/3MP point and shoots we used to have 4-5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by k000 View Post
    I have no doubtit's camera itself.. quality looks kinda 2 MP/3MP point and shoots we used to have 4-5 years ago
    Yeah, very disappointing. The graininess reminded me of my old Moto Droid. Not quite as bad as that, but reminiscent. Guess I'll hang out a bit longer with my beat up ol' Optimus until something better comes along.

ROM
    Stock

These sample shots are much better, so there may be some hope for the camera. Apparently, this photographer knows how to handle a camera and compose to really give an idea how it performs. There are low-light shots, bright sunlit, and cloudy shots.

What I see is that the default saturation is quite high. Like many Sony cameras, reds, pinks and purples are blown-out (notice the pink or red flower to see an extreme example), but turning down saturation a notch or two might help. There is some pretty high chromatic aberration (purple highlights around bright/dark borders) that you would expect from a consumer grade fast f2.0 optics. Sharpness looks decent, but you will sacrifice some sharpness for faster optics.

Here's the link of the much better samples:

This forum really got me looking into my camera closer then ever So I went out back and took some photos to see how the results really looked. Here is what I got, what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0020.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0190.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0193.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0202.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0209.jpg  

HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0210.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0217.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0247.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0251.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-imag0252.jpg  

heyyu likes this.

Take in mind my daughter doesn't stay still at all...haha

I do think the GS3 will be the best camera phone when it comes out for Sprint, but they have no official release date yet?
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandman132 View Post
    I do think the GS3 will be the best camera phone when it comes out for Sprint, but they have no official release date yet?
    Galaxy SIII & One X Camera Shots Comparison

The GS3 camera doesn't look so hot.
    Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Default Shots from Wrigley Field

Here are some shots from the Padres v. Cubs game at Wrigley Field on Memorial Day. The first panorama was taken with the 4:3 resolution, the second panorama taken with widescreen turned on; I wanted to see if it made a difference when it came to the pano shots and the field of view seems about the same, but the widescreen one crops the top/bottom (more more reason to shoot photos in 4:3 standard mode).

I've been finding the panorama mode on the EVO to be tricky compared to using the Galaxy Nexus. On the GN you just hit the shutter, pan as much as you'd like, hit the shutter again and there's your shot. The EVO seems to insist that you move a specific amount of distance, like it needs to shoot a full "frame" for each segment and if you don't move far enough you can end up with just a single shot. I need to read up on this feature and play around a bit more with it.

The other two shots are nearly the same - the first is notable as you can actually see the ball in flight, a good example of how fast the shutter is on the EVO. The second is similar, just composed better

No touch-ups on any of these other than re-sizing them to 800 max so they would upload. (Note: be sure to click the image that initially pops up as the shadowbox does not display the full size image).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-2012-05-28-13.18.35-800x381-.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-2012-05-28-14.15.45-800x281-.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-2012-05-28-13.35.53-800x600-.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-2012-05-28-13.36.33-1-800x600-.jpg  
    Last edited by jeffreytz; 05-29-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: additional information
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    heyyu likes this.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k000 View Post
    People are sharing the results they are getting. can you please post a good one you got ? I am wondering maybe there is a difference in some lots that went out ? Mine are definitely blurry no matter what I do.
    maybe try hitting the shutter button on the screen to take a pic. i sometimes find that i will inadvertently move the camera creating a blurry shot when i hit the dedicated camera shutter button.
    heyyu likes this.

I think who ever said the saturation seems high was spot on. I lowered my saturation by 1 click and pictures seem a lot more clear.
    renegadetx likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Here are some shots from the Padres v. Cubs game at Wrigley Field on Memorial Day.
    Can't ask for a better place to take pics.

Lowered my saturation like suggested and I'm liking looks of my pictures much better. Speed is amazing! I capture pictures never before was possible. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-uploadfromtaptalk1338359259421.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-uploadfromtaptalk1338359326188.jpg   HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-uploadfromtaptalk1338359343899.jpg  

Every comparison ive seen of the GS3 vs HTC one X or Evo = Win for HTC so not sure where the crying about GS3 quality is coming from? If you want inferior quality you don't need to buy a GS3 plenty of cheaper lower quality ones out there?

Oh and the phone that does take better pictures(lacks alot of options) is the NoTe which sadly gets smoked in every other department.

Oh and the Note tends to compress images less alot less could be why HTC is a bit off as well?
    Last edited by LegacyEvoAce; 05-30-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!-uploadfromtaptalk1338376832796.jpg  

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

I agree the colors are over saturated, but can't find the camera setting to turn it down. Any one point me in the right direction?
    I like phones.

Quote Originally Posted by IneffableCause View Post
    All of my pictures are turning out very fuzzy, and that's when I manage to snap a picture in the half a second the image stays in focus.

It takes pictures very quickly, but it needs to with how many bad pictures I get. So far the camera on my Nexus One is far superior.
    After further use with my EVO LTE I feel exactly the same way as you. My Nexus S shot better pictures than my EVO LTE does.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings on how to get better pics...all mine are blurry and/or have a red hue to them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Open camera then click the gear symbol, then image adjustments. There you will find saturation settings.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Shots do look soft...hell softer than the HTC One X for someone reason.

Think some could be improved via software.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Shots do look soft...hell softer than the HTC One X for someone reason.

Think some could be improved via software.
    Amen.. and also they have a lot (a loooooooot) of noise even with ISO set at 100.

I sure hope HTC addresses the camera issue with a software update, especially since the camera was one of its strong selling points as stated earlier in this thread.

I'm not a photographer, but I can definitely see that the GS2 camera produces a much better picture than the EVO LTE, without having to make adjustments for every shot taken.

Maybe we as a community need to make a little more noise through the forums about the poor camera?

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

I was sitting in a $tarbuck$ and using the DOF filter, took this shot.

Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle316 View Post
    I sure hope HTC addresses the camera issue with a software update, especially since the camera was one of its strong selling points as stated earlier in this thread.

I'm not a photographer, but I can definitely see that the GS2 camera produces a much better picture than the EVO LTE, without having to make adjustments for every shot taken.

Maybe we as a community need to make a little more noise through the forums about the poor camera?
    Thats how I feel too, but there were a few folks here hell bent on proving camera is good. It's clearly a far cry even from being a decent camera.

Will be good if anyone / mods in contact with HTC/Sprint can pass on this info to them. We want them to succeed, will be good for them in the long term or I will be looking at Sammy really seriously.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

People ... People ... People complaining about the camera that on a Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ... After all the discounts most of us received, we paid nothing for this device ... If you want a professional camera, go out and buy a dedicated camera ... Those of us who are enjoying the camera on this device aren't taking "money shots" of anything ... We are just having fun ... Relax To tell you the truth, most of us (including myself) could be taking pics with $1500 cameras AND STILL have crappy pics ... lol
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    heyyu and Wiley_11 like this.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    People ... People ... People complaining about the camera that on a Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ... After all the discounts most of us received, we paid nothing for this device ... If you want a professional camera, go out and buy a dedicated camera ... Those of us who are enjoying the camera on this device aren't taking "money shots" of anything ... We are just having fun ... Relax To tell you the truth, most of us (including myself) could be taking pics with $1500 cameras AND STILL have crappy pics ... lol
    I paid $200 + tax and could have paid the same on GS2, so have full right to compare and enlighten others that camera is not what it was promised to be. Much worse. It's not abt using $1500 camera and still have bad shots, that's a different problem. What we are talking abt is comapritive worse photos.

Would you be ok if theer was no camera at all on your Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ?
    Thanked by:
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast