EVO 4G LTE REBOOTS every 4 minutes

jimkerchner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint store told me because I powered the phone on before activating it that the phone is in a loop and I can't have it fixed for 14 days. Phone support sends me back to the store.

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Sprint store told me because I powered the phone on before activating it that the phone is in a loop and I can't have it fixed for 14 days. Phone support sends me back to the store.
try to hold the power button and the volume down to do a reset. i had to turn the phone on before i used the hands free activation hell i was using the phone for 45 minutes before i activated it

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You know this raises a question with me. On my og evo if it freezes sometimes I gotta pull the battery. What to do when evo lte freezes? And when mine is rooted with custom roms, a battery pull seems the only fix....

Well, hope you get your phone straight. Sucks, but at least you got your phone. My stupid amazon pre-order is listed @ july 5th. Your phone will be fixed way before then even if you have to wait 14 days.

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought 2 of them one for me one for the wife and bypassed the activation on both of them no boot loops not sure how to do a hard reset but it is usually power+volume up or down good luck

Sent from my Transformer TF101

jimkerchner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have tried safe mode and it still loops. Seems to reboot less if all the radios are off.
I AM REALLY THINKING TWICE ABOUT A BUILT IN BATTERY! If I could find a disassembly tutorial I would remove the battery.

Sprint is really leaving me hang. If anyone else has trouble be prepared for Sprint to ask you to remove the battery over and over.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have tried safe mode and it still loops. Seems to reboot less if all the radios are off.
I AM REALLY THINKING TWICE ABOUT A BUILT IN BATTERY! If I could find a disassembly tutorial I would remove the battery.

Sprint is really leaving me hang. If anyone else has trouble be prepared for Sprint to ask you to remove the battery over and over.

In my experience pulling the battery would make no difference. I had the same problem with my OG EVO. It would boot every few minutes. First I pulled the battery and that didn't help. Sprint did a hard reset and clean and said it was fixed. Walked out of the store and it did it again before I got to the car. Walked back in and they gave me a new one.

Not sure what the issue was but something became corrupt. Good luck on getting a new one. It may take a while now.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

That's total bs. I've used every one of my devices on WiFi for a day or two before activating them when upgrading from an old phone just to make sure it is working well.

Sad thing is, you need a replacement, which should be hard to come by right now.

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine worked fine for the first three days, and as of last night it's rebooting constantly. I haven't called Sprint yet because when I had to call them to activate the phone two reps argued with me about pulling the battery. Idiots. I had to swear to them that there is no way to remove the battery.

I guess my next step will be a factory wipe/reset. I have read about the Google Wallet debacle, but I have not activated it yet. I don't really want to do that yet because I've spent hours setting it up. I can't wait for Cyanogen to start putting out nightlies:p

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys that are having problems have a lot of apps moved to the SD Card, mine was doing the same thing until I moved all but 50 Apps back to the Phone Memory. Even if you didn't move them yourself, some games or large Apps will install to SD Card by default, use App Management like App2SD Free to check how many apps are on the SD and total size.

Look under my thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ug-alert-dont-move-too-many-apps-sd-card.html

Last edited:

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I noticed large games like Angry Birds and Temple Run were downloaded to the SD card. I moved them all back to the phone. Hopefully this works. I was noticing it doesn't reboot in the mornings, so I'm wondering if it's battery related. We'll see tonight.

jimkerchner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I did not have the SD card installed.
Now for the continuation of the saga I traveled to TWO Sprint stores cause I was told to and both said "Dude you are SOL" so I raced home last Friday pissed and called Sprint.
The lady ask what she could do for me and I said "FLAT OUT REPLACE MY PHONE AND PROVIDE A NEW ONE I AM TIRED OF THE RUN AROUND." Guess what! She hooked me up with another lady from a special dept that was like" No problem sir you have done enough and the dept that I am part of has extra phone for emergencies like yours."
Just like that I got my new phone today and so far very impressed, concerned about the battery though cause I usually deploy the bigger battery. Cell tower signal does seem weaker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2