Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    evo4gMN's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Has anyone else had the problem where their swiftkey x app will not predict the next word for them? This was one of my favorite features when i used it on my 3d. Yes, i did purchase the app on my prior phone. I downloaded it on my LTE once it was activated and everything seems to be working fine except for the predictions.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Just installed it, everything seems okay. Just typed all this with it. Up to date market version NOT BETA
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Quote Originally Posted by evo4gMN View Post
    Has anyone else had the problem where their swiftkey x app will not predict the next word for them? This was one of my favorite features when i used it on my 3d. Yes, i did purchase the app on my prior phone. I downloaded it on my LTE once it was activated and everything seems to be working fine except for the predictions.
    Check your settings. If you still have problems, contact Switkey CS. They are excellent.
  4. #4  
    cloak.n.dagger's Avatar

    Posts
    1,087 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

    Default

    Replying with swiftkey x now and it's working perfectly for me. When you setup the keyboard for the first time you select your typing style. I always select rapid style. I think I have selected the other style once and had the same problem you are describing.

    Sent from my E4GLTE geniuses phone!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Not every field allows predictive text. I did not let mine learn from any other apps so it took a few uses before I started seeing predictions.

    If those don't sound like they apply, then yeah, contact the dev. The SwiftKey devs are great at communicating with the customer.

    -e
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    is swiftkey suppose to vibrate every time you press a letter like it is with the stock keyboard?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    there's a setting for it but the vibration isn't as strong as with the stock keyboard.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff76ws6 View Post
    there's a setting for it but the vibration isn't as strong as with the stock keyboard.
    Got it thanks. and in settings you can make the vibration as strong as when you receive a phone call.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    evo4gMN's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Swiftkey works for me in some instances such as writing an email or texting. However, when i open google and type something into a search or in some other webpages/apps it wont predict for me. My OG EVO and 3D seemed to do this for websearches, etc. so i wasnt sure if this changed with ICS or what. Anyway, thanks everyone for the great responses
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    evo4gMN's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swiftkey X not predicting words

    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Replying with swiftkey x now and it's working perfectly for me. When you setup the keyboard for the first time you select your typing style. I always select rapid style. I think I have selected the other style once and had the same problem you are describing.

    Sent from my E4GLTE geniuses phone!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I changed to rapid setting post setup and it didnt work for me. Maybe I need to delete, reinstall and try that.

Posting Permissions

B