Google wallet can't add prepaid card

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems adding the google prepaid card to their wallet? It keeps saying "error adding card" and try again later.

Any ideas? Anyone been successful?

Update - Sorry, disregard. Cleared data & cache and setup again and it worked. Now just need to go shopping tomorrow at CVS!

Last edited:

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It took me a couple of tries but the prepaid card finally added with the $10 already there.

I think I'm going to go to Jamba Juice at lunch on Friday and test it out. :)

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem but after a few tries (I did switch to wifi after it didn't work on 3G), it finally worked!

JBeansT

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and the Google CSR walked me through resolving the problem.

Go to Google Wallet
Click on the horizontal ellipsis (...)
Go to Settings
Click on Reset Google Wallet

...Unfortunately, I can't remember if there was a step after that and am unwilling to click on it to find out as I do not wish to reset my own. However, it finally stopped giving me an error message after I did that and I was able to set it up.;)

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
S
I had the same problem and the Google CSR walked me through resolving the problem.

Go to Google Wallet
Click on the horizontal ellipsis (...)
Go to Settings
Click on Reset Google Wallet

...Unfortunately, I can't remember if there was a step after that and am unwilling to click on it to find out as I do not wish to reset my own. However, it finally stopped giving me an error message after I did that and I was able to set it up.;)

Trying this now. Its stuck at "Verifying your account with Money Network". How long is this supposed to take?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Still doesn't work. I called Google Wallet and they said it was a problem with their servers. They don't have a timeline on a fix, but they will notify me by email when the issue is resolved.

JBeansT

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I would just keep trying. It took several tries, even over Wifi, to get it to work. I guess I should have mentioned that before. At least you know that it's them and not you. Hopefully, there servers will be corrected soon. Please give me an update and let me know if the reset eventually worked for you.

I love my phone, but I have had multiple headaches since I bought it. :p

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I would just keep trying. It took several tries, even over Wifi, to get it to work. I guess I should have mentioned that before. At least you know that it's them and not you. Hopefully, there servers will be corrected soon. Please give me an update and let me know if the reset eventually worked for you.

I love my phone, but I have had multiple headaches since I bought it. :p

Will do

laffingleigh

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Arg! I'm having the SAME PROBLEM. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. No prepaid card yet. It gets stuck on "Verifying your account with Money Network." Then, after a while, it says "Error Adding Card" and the button to try again. I am using only wifi.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky that you got that far... I've tried to add a prepaid card about a dozen times now, tried with both WiFi and 3G, and it had been stuck at "Verifying your account with Money Network" almost all the times I've tried it. Only on my most recent attempt did I get the "Error Adding Card" message.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Still not working for me. Tried over wifi and already tried the reset option in settings.. I hope to get this working i really want to try it out.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried mine a couple of times at Braums. Each time the message on the terminal says "card declined" even though it shows to have $10 on the prepaid card. Never had this problem with my Nexus S.

heku74

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
so finally have you guys been able to add the Google prepaid card to Wallet?
I am getting error adding card, try again later message. Tried with 2 different Google accounts, but the same thing.

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting an error message that says it's not set up for this country or device (or something like that)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Received this message from Google wallet. Thank you for calling Google Wallet. Google Wallet is temporarily unavailable on your device and our engineering team is working hard to make sure Google Wallet is working as intended. We will be sure to let you know when full functionality has resumed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Feel free to contact us again if you have any additional questions regarding Google Wallet or visit our Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/wallet

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835