Spraypaint the Glossy Back?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not really getting a lot of fingerprints in that area like I thought I would. Then again, I wash my hands alot. If I were to get a skin, it would definitely be a clear one because I love the back of the phone....makes it stand out from others.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Over at xda, someone sanded it and made it matte...

attachment.php

I sanded the glossy back and made it matte. - xda-developers

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly. I like the back. I wouldn't change it. It makes the phone different from anything out there!

I also think that a case is needed because the phone is so thin. So I went with that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think sand/bead blasting is the way to go.

There are enough unique qualities of this phone that changing the finish of the upper back is not going to detract from it. The brushed aluminum strip, the red kickstand, the three capacitive buttons, the size, and the thinness of the phone all make it stand out from the pack of black slabs out there.

I don't really mind the gloss, but oy vey the finger prints. At least it gives me something to polish other than the screen...which seems to keep remarkably clean btw.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I was going to suggest sanding it too, though not with sandpaper, but with something milder, like steel wool or a imild abrasive pad. Using sandpaper could lead to an uneven surface if you remove too much material.

I kind of like the orignal look , too. It reminds me of the A-Team van, am I only one who thinks that?

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving the glossy black it catches my attention i just dont like the dull matte black now if it was red to match the kickstand all the way down that would be my dream phone:D but it still is inside just not the design outside

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Plasti-Dip would be PERFECT for it, best thing about it is if you don't like it, just peel it off. Yet, it's super durable and won't chip (I plasti-dipped the emblem on the front of my 4Runner and there are zero chips). It would be a perfect matte finish!

That's what I've been thinking! You could have a different color every week. Spray it on, enjoy it, peel it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL