Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews

The screen has a weird feel to it, sense is terrible and dark colors aren't represented well at all. It's a nice phone but not what I would consider a hardcore android device. In terms of UI and hardware design it doesn't matchup to the s2. With the s2 everything was positioned perfectly making it easy to use with one hand. No dedicated settings or search button sucks. Also headphones produce a lot of static feedback. I want to give it a little bit more time but most likely I'm exchanging for the s3.

Quote Originally Posted by JN5586 View Post
    The screen has a weird feel to it, sense is terrible and dark colors aren't represented well at all. It's a nice phone but not what I would consider a hardcore android device. In terms of UI and hardware design it doesn't matchup to the s2. With the s2 everything was positioned perfectly making it easy to use with one hand. No dedicated settings or search button sucks. Also headphones produce a lot of static feedback. I want to give it a little bit more time but most likely I'm exchanging for the s3.
    If your saying this on the Evo4GLTE I honestly believe it's your vision that is faulty. Every review when it come to display comparison with the S3 the Evo4GLTE wins hands down. I played with the S 3 and it demonstrably performs in most all comparisons. Just sayin...:beer:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

That may have been a little drastic on my part, it is a great display. I'll say its better overall but there are a couple areas where the s3 even s2 beats it. But again overall ill take LCD over sa. I just need to find out what's wrong with my audio and ill be happy. I'll probably eventually take sense off though.

Quote Originally Posted by JN5586 View Post
    That may have been a little drastic on my part, it is a great display. I'll say its better overall but there are a couple areas where the s3 even s2 beats it. But again overall ill take LCD over sa. I just need to find out what's wrong with my audio and ill be happy. I'll probably eventually take sense off though.
    I also felt like I was playing with 50 gumball machine prize, while handling the SGS3. It's all plastic exterior and light weight feel made it seem way to delicate for an android phone. Just sayin...:beer:

Just when it was starting to grow on me, more issues pop up. Buffering youtube videos seems to be hit or miss now. No matter the video it's stopping every few seconds to buffer. Ran my s2 side by side and it plays the same videos flawless. Also found out that the headphone feedback is due to so much of the connector being exposed. I can place my finger over the exposed area and the static stops, remove my finger and it instantly starts again. Not sure if Imma keep this phone.

Takes me back to the old htc g1 days where everyday was a new bug lol.

After having the phone for a couple months now overall I'm pretty happy. If SPRINT could just fix their network issues it would be a beast. I watch a lot of YouTube, netflix etc and most of the time its just not possible. Praying the next OTA fixes alot. I haven't experienced any headphone or a lot of other problems described by users so I guess maybe I should consider myself lucky. I really feel that sprint should nix charging for premium data until they can get their issues worked out. Just doesn't seem fair.

This phone is beautiful but I'm having wifi issues. Poor reception. My old evo worked fine in my room but now I'm lucky if I can even use the phone on wifi if I'm in my room..any wifi or 3g radio issues I should know about..I would hate to Getty an s3 b c of a stupid issue like this

Unfortunately I have radio issues all the time. WiFi has been fine though. I will go from having a full signal and 3g to absolutely nothing in the exact same spot. Makes me wanna throw it sometimes but then I remember I gotta pay a deductible

I'm soooo jealous the Lte switch is probably at sprint its not on in my area and I'm not trading my 3d until then

Go for stereo bluetooth my backbeat from plantronics works great with my evo and I've used it with all of the evo versions I've had

I've had mine for a couple weeks. I bought it then 2 days later went on a weeklong vacation to Colorado. I bought the sprint cradle for my car, and navigation worked ok, had to restart the phone a few times. Granted I was driving Through the middle of Nebraska at the time. I used wifi at home so I never noticed how bad the data was at home. In Denver I had no data service in virtually any building I went in. In the mountains it was basically only good as a camera. when I got home and went to work I tried listening to streaming radio, and had no data signal, my old HTC desire on U.S, cellular had no problems there. Or at the grocery store, home, girlfreinds etc. Went to Sprint after work and traded for a new phone, data wouldn't even work in the store! They admitted that they have had a few phones come back with this problem. I've had the new one for a whole 16 hours and it is pretty much the same.

Other than that it's great phone! I'm thinking it's more of a network issue than it is the phone itself. Funny the only reason I switched to Sprint was because of the availability of this phone. But what's the point of having it if there is no network for it. Getting ready to head to the Sprint store and Cancel everything.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadmano View Post
    I've had mine for a couple weeks. I bought it then 2 days later went on a weeklong vacation to Colorado. I bought the sprint cradle for my car, and navigation worked ok, had to restart the phone a few times. Granted I was driving Through the middle of Nebraska at the time. I used wifi at home so I never noticed how bad the data was at home. In Denver I had no data service in virtually any building I went in. In the mountains it was basically only good as a camera. when I got home and went to work I tried listening to streaming radio, and had no data signal, my old HTC desire on U.S, cellular had no problems there. Or at the grocery store, home, girlfreinds etc. Went to Sprint after work and traded for a new phone, data wouldn't even work in the store! They admitted that they have had a few phones come back with this problem. I've had the new one for a whole 16 hours and it is pretty much the same.

Other than that it's great phone! I'm thinking it's more of a network issue than it is the phone itself. Funny the only reason I switched to Sprint was because of the availability of this phone. But what's the point of having it if there is no network for it. Getting ready to head to the Sprint store and Cancel everything.
    Used mine multiple trips all over Colorado and it works great. Hope you get a better one.

Sent via EVO LTE
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

If you don't have regular exposure to wi-fi, then yes maybe you should switch to another carrier because Sprint's 3G SUCKS! But if you're like me and have wi-fi just about everywhere you go to the point where the 3G issue won't effect you too much, stay with Sprint because this phone is a BEAST!

I'm on my 6th EVO LTE in 3 months. I have 2 lines of service, one phone has been replaced 3times, the other once. I'm trying to get Sprint to replace it with the S3, so far they say no. 3 of the phones just quit, did nothing, one quit sending/receiving texts. Every week i have a issue of some kind so i have to email HTC for assistance. I think the issues are a bit much in 3 months. Some owners swear by them & say they love it & haven't had any issues. Others say the S3 is a much faster, better phone. Then there are reception issues a lot of EVO owners say they have.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
    I'm on my 6th EVO LTE in 3 months. I have 2 lines of service, one phone has been replaced 3times, the other once. I'm trying to get Sprint to replace it with the S3, so far they say no. 3 of the phones just quit, did nothing, one quit sending/receiving texts. Every week i have a issue of some kind so i have to email HTC for assistance. I think the issues are a bit much in 3 months. Some owners swear by them & say they love it & haven't had any issues. Others say the S3 is a much faster, better phone. Then there are reception issues a lot of EVO owners say they have.
    I blame one or more of your app downloads.

Sent via EVO LTE
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

I was caught up in the Sammy S3 hype until I actually had both phones in my hands, the Evo makes the Sammy feel like a toy.

Been living with my new Evo and its a great phone.
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 likes this.

Question Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews

I wanted to buy the ELTE when it first came out but I decided to wait thinking that Sprint might get their very own Nexus device. Well, it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon so I'm left with an itch I cant scratch. My question to any and all of you is this, is the ELTE worth buying now? It's gone through some software updates, I know that it's got some issues, and JB is still up in the air but is the phone itself (separate from the carrier) worth buying? I know it sounds ludicrous but I'm gonna hang in there w/Sprint, I'm not planning on switching carriers. Or, any word on a new phone that maybe coming out on Sprints network, besides Samsung devices, that'll have JB? Advice needed.

HTC is coming out with a new android that has a five inch screen by end of this year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I heard. Not sure if it's coming to Sprint though. If it is I'm totally in. Guess I'll have to bide my time.

I got evo 4G Lte in Oct. and this is second one. Since 12/2012 update, keyboard freezes, error reports galore, HTC app not working and goes to home screen. Don't get started on reception! Lost Foxfi, and 4G wont be in my area for two years!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456