HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the HTC EVO 4G LTE stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:

• Aesthetics
  • Screen
  • Hardware
  • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
  • Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense)
  • Widgets
  • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
  • GPS
  • Social Networking
  • Email/Calendar
  • Battery Life
  • Performance
  • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
  • Keyboard's
  • Camera (both still & video)
  • How the EVO 4G LTE compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
  • Disappointments (if any)

Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the EVO 4G LTE, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the EVO 4G LTE prior to having one ;)

And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!

icedcoffee10702

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
First Impressions?

For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: First Impressions?

So far my first impression is this UPS guy is an ***hole whole likes to take his time. I keep smoking and smoking, passing the time, hoping he gets here, but I'm at my ceiling, I can't get any higher!

Well go outside so you can fly away bro.....don't let that ceiling get in the way!!! lol!! :D

RehniePants

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Mad love to the stoners. Sounds like the perfect recreational activity to pass the time/play with new phones. Im not gonna get off the couch anyway when I get this thing.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

I've had the phone for about 45 minutes now. It is stunning in person! Very thin, yet sits nicely in the hand. The screen is truly amazing! Very brigh, even outside in direct sunlight! Camera is amazing, but I haven't put it though its paces yet! SVDO (simul voice and data) does not seem to be working for me. I had Google Play apps loading and answered a call and all data transmission stopped. 3G bars seem to show a stronger singnal but data transfer does not seem to be any faster. BB let me keep my 16GB SD card, so that's cool! Didn't lose any pics from the old phone. The UI is very fast!! Screens transition like butter! I typically had to root and ROM to get this kind of responsiveness from the UI. It's nice to have this in the stock ROM!

Reactions: spants

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?

Just been a couple hours but I love it so far, have not loaded all my apps on it yet or tried to add widgets but here are a few nuggets:

-Camera seems to really be outstanding. Shots look a lot better than on my original Evo
-Phone quality better than my original Evo
-Screen is incredible
-way fast, but of course I have not loaded it down with a lot yet
-already missing the "?" button, going to have to figure out something to do about that.
-usb on the side not as bad as i thought it would be but still prefer it at the bottom

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

- Screen is amazing, worth the price of admission alone.
- Top glossy part is definitely a fingerprint magnet. Will be looking for a case ASAP.
- Kickstand works great
- Camera seems fine so far, I wouldn't call the quality revolutionary or anything.

dway

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Screen is actually incredible. I thought the reviews were hyperbole but apparently not.....

I have a question: when the screen is unlocked -- I thought the phyiscal camera button was supposed to launch the camera app? Is there a setting to enable or was I mistaken?

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Got mine about 2 hours ago.. its awesome... just one thing tho the keyboard notification icon pops up when I type something.. I had that problem with my nexus when i first flashed ICS i just forgot how to take it off.. other than that... wow

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Screen is wonderful

3G speeds are at least 25% faster than what I saw with my ET4G at home and believe me...I checked that constantly.

WIFI shows full signal whereas ET4G showed 2 bars and this pegs at 20 MBPS where the ET ran at 12

Phone signal shows LESS bars than the ET4G but it's pulling the exact same signal strength

GPS is instant lock on showing far better signal strength than any phone I've had....even indoors :)

Earpiece sound quality is PISSA and that's one reason I got this...I wear hearing aids and this is as good as any BB I ever owned and they were the best!

Connects to my visor mounted BT speaker within mere seconds whereas my ET4G sometimes took minutes.

So far, can't get it to charge off either of my computers no matter what cord I use and I've never had an issue. My guess is there is a "what to do when a USB cord is plugged in" setting somewhere which I haven't found yet.

Still have a lot of discovery to do here :)

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Just found out that I get a huge discount with Sprint through work. Thinking about dumping Verizon and ordering me one of these beauts as soon as ordering is open, again.

The only thing I have reservations about is the screen. I've read that this phone (along with the One X) has the best display of any Andorid phone ever, but my Rezound has 342 PPI and have yet to find anything that compares the two screens.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Screen is actually incredible. I thought the reviews were hyperbole but apparently not.....

I have a question: when the screen is unlocked -- I thought the phyiscal camera button was supposed to launch the camera app? Is there a setting to enable or was I mistaken?

Activate its second stage. If you just press it as if focusing, it won't launch the camera app. Press it until it gives a vibration and the camera app will launch.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: KMachine

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Screen is amaaazing
The beats audio sounds great with my beats headphones and in my car as well
It has a way better radio than my e4gt my signal strength is great
It will take some getting use to not having a menu button
All in all i have to say this is a great phone

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Trending Posts