Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the HTC EVO 4G LTE stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:

• Aesthetics
    • Screen
    • Hardware
    • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
    • Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense)
    • Widgets
    • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
    • GPS
    • Social Networking
    • Email/Calendar
    • Battery Life
    • Performance
    • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
    • Keyboard's
    • Camera (both still & video)
    • How the EVO 4G LTE compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
    • Disappointments (if any)

Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the EVO 4G LTE, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the EVO 4G LTE prior to having one

And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!

ROM
    Cyanogenmod mod 9

Default First Impressions?

For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?

Default Re: First Impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by vdc530 View Post
    So far my first impression is this UPS guy is an ***hole whole likes to take his time. I keep smoking and smoking, passing the time, hoping he gets here, but I'm at my ceiling, I can't get any higher!
    Well go outside so you can fly away bro.....don't let that ceiling get in the way!!! lol!!
    bigrey81 and abdnach like this.

Mad love to the stoners. Sounds like the perfect recreational activity to pass the time/play with new phones. Im not gonna get off the couch anyway when I get this thing.
    sniffs and ginasno1 like this.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod mod 9

Haha yeah my ups guy usually dosent come till like 5

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

I've had the phone for about 45 minutes now. It is stunning in person! Very thin, yet sits nicely in the hand. The screen is truly amazing! Very brigh, even outside in direct sunlight! Camera is amazing, but I haven't put it though its paces yet! SVDO (simul voice and data) does not seem to be working for me. I had Google Play apps loading and answered a call and all data transmission stopped. 3G bars seem to show a stronger singnal but data transfer does not seem to be any faster. BB let me keep my 16GB SD card, so that's cool! Didn't lose any pics from the old phone. The UI is very fast!! Screens transition like butter! I typically had to root and ROM to get this kind of responsiveness from the UI. It's nice to have this in the stock ROM!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    Thanked by:
    spants 
    wpavlik2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icedcoffee10702 View Post
    For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?

Just been a couple hours but I love it so far, have not loaded all my apps on it yet or tried to add widgets but here are a few nuggets:

-Camera seems to really be outstanding. Shots look a lot better than on my original Evo
    -Phone quality better than my original Evo
    -Screen is incredible
    -way fast, but of course I have not loaded it down with a lot yet
    -already missing the "?" button, going to have to figure out something to do about that.
    -usb on the side not as bad as i thought it would be but still prefer it at the bottom

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

- Screen is amazing, worth the price of admission alone.
    - Top glossy part is definitely a fingerprint magnet. Will be looking for a case ASAP.
    - Kickstand works great
    - Camera seems fine so far, I wouldn't call the quality revolutionary or anything.

Screen is actually incredible. I thought the reviews were hyperbole but apparently not.....

I have a question: when the screen is unlocked -- I thought the phyiscal camera button was supposed to launch the camera app? Is there a setting to enable or was I mistaken?

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Are they going to be selling replacements for that glossy back? If they sell a matte back I'll be all over it.
    Thanked by:

That's what she said.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod mod 9

**** it. I just went and got a bunch of alchohol, he can come whenever he wants now...
    Hahahaha sounds like a ball.

Any who thanks for all your guy's first impressions! Seems great! Can't wait to get mine.

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRom

Got mine about 2 hours ago.. its awesome... just one thing tho the keyboard notification icon pops up when I type something.. I had that problem with my nexus when i first flashed ICS i just forgot how to take it off.. other than that... wow
    Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer...... but wish we didn't.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod mod 9

**** it. I just went and got a bunch of alchohol, he can come whenever he wants now...
    Did you get your phone?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Love it!!! I havent figured out everything yet but..so far, I am enjoying it

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Screen is wonderful

3G speeds are at least 25% faster than what I saw with my ET4G at home and believe me...I checked that constantly.

WIFI shows full signal whereas ET4G showed 2 bars and this pegs at 20 MBPS where the ET ran at 12

Phone signal shows LESS bars than the ET4G but it's pulling the exact same signal strength

GPS is instant lock on showing far better signal strength than any phone I've had....even indoors

Earpiece sound quality is PISSA and that's one reason I got this...I wear hearing aids and this is as good as any BB I ever owned and they were the best!

Connects to my visor mounted BT speaker within mere seconds whereas my ET4G sometimes took minutes.

So far, can't get it to charge off either of my computers no matter what cord I use and I've never had an issue. My guess is there is a "what to do when a USB cord is plugged in" setting somewhere which I haven't found yet.

Still have a lot of discovery to do here

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v1.1

Just found out that I get a huge discount with Sprint through work. Thinking about dumping Verizon and ordering me one of these beauts as soon as ordering is open, again.

The only thing I have reservations about is the screen. I've read that this phone (along with the One X) has the best display of any Andorid phone ever, but my Rezound has 342 PPI and have yet to find anything that compares the two screens.

Quote Originally Posted by dway View Post
    Screen is actually incredible. I thought the reviews were hyperbole but apparently not.....

I have a question: when the screen is unlocked -- I thought the phyiscal camera button was supposed to launch the camera app? Is there a setting to enable or was I mistaken?
    Activate its second stage. If you just press it as if focusing, it won't launch the camera app. Press it until it gives a vibration and the camera app will launch.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

got mine best buy overland park ks. Its the real deal, very nice and thin.

ROM
    4.2.1 Stock

Screen is amaaazing
    The beats audio sounds great with my beats headphones and in my car as well
    It has a way better radio than my e4gt my signal strength is great
    It will take some getting use to not having a menu button
    All in all i have to say this is a great phone

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Nexus S 4G
    OG Transformer

I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?

ROM
    4.2.1 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by andybock View Post
    I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?
    Settings/mobile network/network mode

Nexus S 4G
    OG Transformer

So far I am loving this phone. It runs nice and smooth. ICS is great. The screen is beautiful. I bought the PT case they had at Best Buy. With the case on, it is a little difficult to press the camera button. The camera is far superior to the one on My EVO 3d. Attached is a picture I took of a lake not far from where I live in Louisville. I love the reflection of the trees in the water...

Where do I access the Beats audio? I can't seem to find it on the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews-imag0011.jpg  
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE
    khull808 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hero992000 View Post
    Settings/mobile network/network mode

Thanks looked in the settings for a second, but got to interested in some of the apps. Have any of you tried super video. It's pretty cool if ur looking for the pop out video feature.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG v2.6x

I am loving the phone. The screen is as gorgeous as advertised and have nearly downloaded all my "old" apps that I had on my OG Evo- except for ones that ICS has replaced -and still no lag. Only complaint is that the phone is so tall now that it is a bit hard to type in landscape. Cannot wait for LTE though. Drove around and pulled up a few apps while waiting in a drive through and the download speeds were horrendous.
    HTC Evo 4G -- MikG v2.6x
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast