HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews
01-19-2013 04:01 PM
- Cyber WarriorRobots Will KillHello everyone,
The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the HTC EVO 4G LTE stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:
- Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
- Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense)
- Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
- Social Networking
- Battery Life
- Media (music, movies, DLNA)
- Camera (both still & video)
- How the EVO 4G LTE compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
- Disappointments (if any)
Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the EVO 4G LTE, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the EVO 4G LTE prior to having one
And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!05-24-2012 02:25 PM
- For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?05-24-2012 02:28 PM
- 05-24-2012 02:38 PM
- I've had the phone for about 45 minutes now. It is stunning in person! Very thin, yet sits nicely in the hand. The screen is truly amazing! Very brigh, even outside in direct sunlight! Camera is amazing, but I haven't put it though its paces yet! SVDO (simul voice and data) does not seem to be working for me. I had Google Play apps loading and answered a call and all data transmission stopped. 3G bars seem to show a stronger singnal but data transfer does not seem to be any faster. BB let me keep my 16GB SD card, so that's cool! Didn't lose any pics from the old phone. The UI is very fast!! Screens transition like butter! I typically had to root and ROM to get this kind of responsiveness from the UI. It's nice to have this in the stock ROM!05-24-2012 03:15 PM
- For the lucky few of you who are getting or have already gotten the evo 4g lte what are your first impressions? Is it everything you though is was going to be? Do you like the design better when it's in your hands? It the screen as good as everybody made it seem to be? Are there problems? Anything you don't like about it and the software?
Just been a couple hours but I love it so far, have not loaded all my apps on it yet or tried to add widgets but here are a few nuggets:
-Camera seems to really be outstanding. Shots look a lot better than on my original Evo
-Phone quality better than my original Evo
-Screen is incredible
-way fast, but of course I have not loaded it down with a lot yet
-already missing the "?" button, going to have to figure out something to do about that.
-usb on the side not as bad as i thought it would be but still prefer it at the bottom05-24-2012 03:16 PM
- Screen is wonderful
3G speeds are at least 25% faster than what I saw with my ET4G at home and believe me...I checked that constantly.
WIFI shows full signal whereas ET4G showed 2 bars and this pegs at 20 MBPS where the ET ran at 12
Phone signal shows LESS bars than the ET4G but it's pulling the exact same signal strength
GPS is instant lock on showing far better signal strength than any phone I've had....even indoors
Earpiece sound quality is PISSA and that's one reason I got this...I wear hearing aids and this is as good as any BB I ever owned and they were the best!
Connects to my visor mounted BT speaker within mere seconds whereas my ET4G sometimes took minutes.
So far, can't get it to charge off either of my computers no matter what cord I use and I've never had an issue. My guess is there is a "what to do when a USB cord is plugged in" setting somewhere which I haven't found yet.
Still have a lot of discovery to do here05-24-2012 08:54 PM
- Just found out that I get a huge discount with Sprint through work. Thinking about dumping Verizon and ordering me one of these beauts as soon as ordering is open, again.
The only thing I have reservations about is the screen. I've read that this phone (along with the One X) has the best display of any Andorid phone ever, but my Rezound has 342 PPI and have yet to find anything that compares the two screens.05-24-2012 09:07 PM
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 205-24-2012 09:12 PM
- Screen is amaaazing
The beats audio sounds great with my beats headphones and in my car as well
It has a way better radio than my e4gt my signal strength is great
It will take some getting use to not having a menu button
All in all i have to say this is a great phone
Sent from my Transformer TF10105-24-2012 09:28 PM
- I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?05-24-2012 09:33 PM
- I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?
Sent from my Transformer TF10105-24-2012 09:36 PM
- So far I am loving this phone. It runs nice and smooth. ICS is great. The screen is beautiful. I bought the PT case they had at Best Buy. With the case on, it is a little difficult to press the camera button. The camera is far superior to the one on My EVO 3d. Attached is a picture I took of a lake not far from where I live in Louisville. I love the reflection of the trees in the water...
Where do I access the Beats audio? I can't seem to find it on the phone.05-24-2012 09:38 PM
- 05-24-2012 09:40 PM
- I am loving the phone. The screen is as gorgeous as advertised and have nearly downloaded all my "old" apps that I had on my OG Evo- except for ones that ICS has replaced -and still no lag. Only complaint is that the phone is so tall now that it is a bit hard to type in landscape. Cannot wait for LTE though. Drove around and pulled up a few apps while waiting in a drive through and the download speeds were horrendous.05-24-2012 09:45 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G LTE
HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD