Anyone have any ideas on how I can install the HTC apps from the One X that were left off the Evo? I'm specifically interested in the HTC note app for the evernote integration. I found the apk files on XDA here but I can't seem to install them.

Someone over on XDA suggested I copy to the system/app folder in root, then fix permissions. I moved them to the folder, but I don't know how to "fix permissions" and the "fix permissions" app in the store doesn't seem to show them. Trying to install directly from the apk file doesn't work either.

I think it's silly how the different versions of the One X have different sets of HTC apps on them. I could really use the HTC note app though.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!
    05-25-2012 11:59 AM
    Bump - any suggestions? I've already tried copying the apks to system/app and rebooting/clicking on them to install, but no dice. Someone else suggested "fixing permissions" but either I did that wrong, or still no work.
    05-26-2012 12:49 PM
    Did you try the htc hub app because that's where you had to go to get more htc apps and ring tones.
    05-26-2012 01:11 PM
    Did you try the htc hub app because that's where you had to go to get more htc apps and ring tones.
    Yes - it's not on there. The Hub is more like a re-branded play store, not what it used to be be4 with only HTC stuff.
    05-26-2012 01:45 PM
    What are you using to move them to system/app? In root explorer, you press and hold, and select permissions.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?
    05-26-2012 05:10 PM
    What are the permissions supposed to be set at? it was rw- rw- rw-, but I noticed other apps are only rw- r-- r--, so I changed it to that.

Also, I noticed certain other apps have odex files together with the apk, but the I don't have the same for the notes app. Could that be why?
    05-26-2012 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD