Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KoukiFC3S
  • 2 Post By DougB541#CB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not digging the "Recent Apps" function

What is it about this design do they think is better than other iterations of it (long press home key)?

I seriously find it to be faster if I just hit the home button and go to the icon of the app I want to bring back up because I know exactly where it is. But with this new one, I'm scrolling back and forth trying to find the app I want.

Who thought it was a good idea to show only one app at a time. Terrible feature...
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,601 Global Posts

Default Re: Not digging the "Recent Apps" function

The dedicated multitask button is Google's idea.

The single app at a time HTC's.

I kinda like it. Just gotta get used to it.
    delthor7 likes this.

Being a big WebOS fan...i don't mind it but i do prefer stock multi-tasking
    delthor7 and crazw like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Problem is some of the preview screens are blank so you have to stop on each one instead of being able to quickly scroll.

I think they could refine it, but for me it's a bit useless at the moment.

Same thing as double pressing the home key on an iOs device, I'm used to it already

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If I had any extremely small gripes coming from my ancient Evo to this phone it would be that button, along with the occasional blank menu ICS thing at the bottom because they went with physical buttons. The hold-home-key method of switching was just fine, really. Out of the buttons they could have put there, I'd rather have search back.

I'm sure I will get used to it though, and/or find use for it. Loving this damn thing otherwise.

It definetly feels rushed. There is very little in sense that I feel is better than stock Android. I'm really not liking how they removed Google's News and Weather widget. I know their weather widgets are something that HTC is proud of but they didn't need to remove the other one. They offer no replacement for the news portion of Google's widget.

So far all the news widgets/apps I've found on the market are single source.

They went for form over function unfortunately. With stock ICS there are 4 recent apps visible at a time.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IneffableCause View Post
    It definetly feels rushed. There is very little in sense that I feel is better than stock Android. I'm really not liking how they removed Google's News and Weather widget. I know their weather widgets are something that HTC is proud of but they didn't need to remove the other one. They offer no replacement for the news portion of Google's widget.

So far all the news widgets/apps I've found on the market are single source.
    I guess Im a bit confused. The news is still there, its in the weather/clock widget the HTC one and when you click the weather the news tab is at the bottom. Not sure if you knew that or if you are talking about something else that Im going brain dead over lol

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Having used WebOS in the past, I kind of like it. It's obviously not the same as Card View, but it's interesting. I have to get used to the fact that it is there, but I don't mind it. The old search key I didn't ever use.

This phone is great and I'm LOVING it over my OG EVO and EVO3D. I don't like not having the stock multi-tasking though. I'm sure a ROM will come out soon and it'll be one of the first things they fix. Sense is great at this version, its more of a stock feel than previous versions by far.

For me I'm only missing:
    1- the stock multitasking
    2- The long-press voice search launching

These are easy fixes for a ROM'er though and we already have root. Don't for a second believe that HTC is terrible just because of these two small issues...if you do you're an ***** to discount the 100 other great things they have done here (camera software especially and sleek design). If you've ever had a Samsung phone with Touchwiz you know what I'm talking about (bad radios/gps and touchwiz in general = balls when you actually have to use it).

Could not have said it better myself. We actually went backward on this. To me the new array of buttons and related functionality is a waste of time....