Battery Life

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is funny because someone said yesterday on the shipping first thread that the 3rd or 4th gripe would be battery life. I am not complaining about battery life I promise.

I do want to say though. I had no idea that Sprints network was so crippled without 4G. The 3G network is horrible.Horrible might be a understatement. It does bring me to the title of this post though. How the heck can we judge battery life on these handsets without a network that is reliable. My signal quality is less than outstanding, my workplace is a black hole for signal so I'm sure its not giving me and favors there.

I love this phone but what I'm afraid of is that when LTE is finally up and running or Network Vision is completed we may find ourselves with handsets that MIGHT last 4 hours or so and no replaceable battery. Any thoughts?

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 26221

3 of those hours were spent in the black hole of my office with barely any service playing draw something...still got 6 hours...I was impressed since my OG EVO would have been on the charger the whole time

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

Reactions: rell1988

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not bad I got a little over 6 hours playing sirius and a little reading on here today

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
No one really knows how well (or not so well) this phone will do once LTE connections are available. Either get use to plugging it in throughout the day, or get some kind of case oe external battery pack that will keep it alive when it's low on juice. I personally can't wait to root and ROM this phone and get a custom kernel on here that will give me 15+ hours and maybe even get me to 2GHz!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

akodoreign

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Roam / Wifi most of the day. Played 2 levels of Peggle and watched 30 minutes of Lord of Winterfell episode of Game Of Thrones. 1 phone call 20+ texts..

Pretty happy with it. Did however switch from lte\cdma to cdma in wireless settings.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Doing pretty good here. This is a pretty typical day of usage for me including exchange activesync set to push.

62c6a9dc-fe36-92de.jpg

Sent from my EvoLTE using Tapatalk 2

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My screen wasn't on as much as everyone else in this thread, but I'm just glad I didn't have to plug the phone up by now.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Won't it eat more battery if you leave lte on then if lte was actually on/being used?

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

Obmutescence

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the battery life on my phone so far, I'm at 50% currently and usually after a work day with my EVO Shift I'd be at like 20% or so.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn off haptic feedback? Been messing around and its probably right in front of me...thanks in advance

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is funny because someone said yesterday on the shipping first thread that the 3rd or 4th gripe would be battery life. I am not complaining about battery life I promise.

I do want to say though. I had no idea that Sprints network was so crippled without 4G. The 3G network is horrible.Horrible might be a understatement. It does bring me to the title of this post though. How the heck can we judge battery life on these handsets without a network that is reliable. My signal quality is less than outstanding, my workplace is a black hole for signal so I'm sure its not giving me and favors there.

I love this phone but what I'm afraid of is that when LTE is finally up and running or Network Vision is completed we may find ourselves with handsets that MIGHT last 4 hours or so and no replaceable battery. Any thoughts?

From my understanding, when Sprint enables the 800Mhz spectrum, it will be like having a Blackberry device.

Judacles

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Also loving the battery life. On my OG Evo, by now during the day (Leave home at 8... it's now 5:15) I would have had to put my phone on my charger after lunch at 12:30 since the battery would be down under 10%.

It's 5:15. My LTEVO has not been plugged in since I woke up... I'm at 46%. I can actually use this phone like a normal person and not always have to be 4 feet from a pwer outlet!! Hooray!! Could not be happier with the battery life right now.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't test these things scientifically, but I came from a Nexus S, and my first 24 hours impression is this battery will last much longer than the Nexus. So I'm happy.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
4ba23095-323f-70c0.jpg

I have been playing with my phone off and on all day. Wifi on the whole time. Amazing battery

Edit...well obviously I failed at posting my picture lol