Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Is it normal for the screen to be using this much battery? Ever since I've gotten this replacement the other day, the lowest I've seen it is at 59% and that was very briefly. It use to be on auto brightness but last night I moved the bar to very low. I had it unplugged over night and this was the most it has gotten. Does it still need time to "break in" or something? I got this replacment the other day.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1340200583570.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #227  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Life

How long has the screen been on though?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #228  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Hey Drhux, I see that in your screen shot that you are roaming. Is it like that for most of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Feech View Post
    How long has the screen been on though?
    I woke up this morning and that was the first screenshot I took.... It has been off all night.

ROM
    Stock Root

I use 2x battery on my LTEVO. It is more of a battery percentage widget in the notification bar more than actually saving battery life. I get between 10 and 20 hours of life in my day to day. 10 hours when I work because working in a slow traffic sprint store ='s lots of "studying"? With normal day to day , checking emails, texting, facebook, and constantly taking pictures and video; I'm getting easily around 15-20. Overall happy coming from my Epic 4G Touch battery that seemed to drain to 50% while I'm laying in bed checking emails and texts for about 30 minutes.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

I used my phone today for listening to about a 45 minute podcast and an email check here and there...

4hrs 18min of screen time. A little over a hour n a half talk time. Over a hour of internet time. Emails, videos during lunch, and pictures of the kids. I love the battery, but I HATE THE MULTITASKING!!!!Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1340649461545.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340649461545.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	28685

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I used my phone today for listening to about a 45 minute podcast and an email check here and there...

What do you have auto-syncing?

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

my screen never falls below 60% ...wtf lol

I absolutely cannot believe the battery life you guys are experiencing. I get nothing like what you all are reporting. Take it off the charger before work in the morning, and it's back on after lunch about 7 hours later, and that's with me pushing it to make 7 hours. Looking at my stats now...I've been on battery 3 1/2 hours, and I'm already at less than 50%, and I haven't really used it in that time. What's your secret?

Quote Originally Posted by dowhtiwnt View Post
    I absolutely cannot believe the battery life you guys are experiencing. I get nothing like what you all are reporting. Take it off the charger before work in the morning, and it's back on after lunch about 7 hours later, and that's with me pushing it to make 7 hours. Looking at my stats now...I've been on battery 3 1/2 hours, and I'm already at less than 50%, and I haven't really used it in that time. What's your secret?
    Sounds like you definitely have something wrong there. Is the phone only barely getting signal?

The people getting 2+ days seem crazy, but I haven't been able to kill the phone in under 12-13 hours. But that's when I'm somewhere with bad coverage and I use the phone a lot. If I'm getting a good signal and go easier on the usage, 30-36 hours is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    So this is what I've been getting. As you can see its not good. I've also had to charge it around 5 or so hours of use. And this is with the advice I've gotten in this forum. Any suggestions after seeing my usage?

Wow. How many hours is in your screen usage? This seems to eat up the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-battery1.png   Battery Life-battery2.png   Battery Life-battery3.png  

I see this today thought I would share for anyone else who may be interested.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Looks like the EVO LTE is a much better battery than the Galaxy nexus, but then I can remove mine in my GNex lol

Is anyone using Juice Defender or any apps like that?

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dowhtiwnt View Post
    Don't believe the hype. While alot of people say they get super long battery life, they are not telling the full story. If you look at their usage bars and stats you can discern they've left their phones idle for long periods of time yet claim "moderate to heavy use". Its deceiving. Real usage seems to yield about the results you're getting. Its not you, its them. lol

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1907892

So I fully flashed my Evo over to cricket with everything working flawlessly and now my battery last over 2 full days! Crazy...so I'm using the s3 on Sprint and Evo (biz line) on cricket. So I'm assuming it's Sprint network that was draining my battery so badly when I wanted to blame HTC.

Using both phones frequently I can tell you there are pros and cons to both devices and probably comes down to personal preference and what you look for in a phone.

Check it out, this is been on cricket all day and I've lost no service quality, I'm stunned. On Sprint battery would be dead by now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    Don't believe the hype. While alot of people say they get super long battery life, they are not telling the full story. If you look at their usage bars and stats you can discern they've left their phones idle for long periods of time yet claim "moderate to heavy use". Its deceiving. Real usage seems to yield about the results you're getting. Its not you, its them. lol
    This!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    This!

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Dear "5.88% er"

In addition to this: Battery Life

This!: How long does your EVO's battery last?

lol

This is a combination of my weekend usage pattern and 1 day of normal thus far. I don't think my stats fall into the normal category since I rarely make or receive voice calls..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1341251242645.jpg  

How can you say great battery life isn't possible. I use my phone heavy every single day and I haven't gotten anything less than 10hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYE820 View Post
    4hrs 18min of screen time. A little over a hour n a half talk time. Over a hour of internet time. Emails, videos during lunch, and pictures of the kids. I love the battery, but I HATE THE MULTITASKING!!!!Click image for larger version. 

ID:	28685Click image for larger version. 

ID:	28685

What I seem to be getting on a regular basis out of my battery

Sent from my Evo 4g lte on Android Central Forums

I had a day where my phone was off the charger at midnight(power outage) did not plug it in all day at work made over 20 calls throughout the day. Average data usage I.e. checking weather, facebook, and email. And 17 hours later had 37 percent battery left.

ROM
    Stock with Goodies

I have had my EVO 4G LTE for a solid week. I average about 16 hours a day before charging the phone. I do admit that I turn off blue tooth when I am not using it and use wifi when I can. Also since I have corporate email I did modify my push settings in my touchdown app. If I can keep this kind of battery life for at least a year, I will be satisfied. Coming from an O.G. Epic 4G even with an external battery I would be lucky for 8 hours on one charge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-07-06-22-38-45.jpg  

ROM
    Stock with Goodies

I meant Extended not External Battery.

Here is an updated screen shot from today (7-8-12):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-07-08-16-41-24.jpg  
    Last edited by greesx; 07-08-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Yes, but if you turn off 3G, I believe you render your phone no longer a phone- right? No more incoming text or phone calls?
    Wow havent been on in quite some time. Granted this is most surely answered... Turning off 3g just puts your phone in 2g mode allowing you to make calls and text but no internet services till toggled back on
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast