Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Or it could imply that the rest of the phone is very efficient.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I was out all day yesterday around Baltimore, watching the royals and orioles, taking pics, yelp, google maps, 3g the entire time and after 9 hours still had 65%. Couldn't be happier.

Default Re: Battery Life

Overall really happy with battery life, though I did see a problem with the phone connected to a car charger. Running Telenav with display on for an hour or so, battery level dropped - by like, 10% - even though the phone was connected to my charger.

Turning off the display helped. Maybe I have a really lame charger, but it seems to work fine with less demanding use.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post
    Overall really happy with battery life, though I did see a problem with the phone connected to a car charger. Running Telenav with display on for an hour or so, battery level dropped - by like, 10% - even though the phone was connected to my charger.

Turning off the display helped. Maybe I have a really lame charger, but it seems to work fine with less demanding use.
    I wouldn't be surprised if these new screens pull way more than what current car chargers can supply. Seems like a market opportunity to develop netters charger technology.

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

I'm seeing great battery life compared to my Evo 4G with standard battery. After a full day of my normal usage (i.e. WIFI, low signal 3G, SMS, browsing the web, listening to podcasts and playing a few games) I went over 13 hours and still had 30% battery left. Pretty awesome in my book.

I left auto screen brightness on but turned off auto sync for Facebook and Twitter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screen_20120526_2204.jpg   Battery Life-screen_20120526_2206.jpg  
    Fubie
    Current - Nexus 5
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted

This thing is pretty bad ***... This is what I pulled on my first full day with the phone.

I am more than pleased... I have been on this thing non stop all day.

Five hours of screen on time!!

For comparison purposes, I had 7 hrs on wifi and was set to low brightness about 50% of the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-28-16-57-04.jpg   Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-28-16-57-12.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by p2cactus View Post
    Um, did you do anything with your phone over those 25 hours?

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!
    Right! Same thing I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    We can't but I was under the understanding that it can be taken to a repair center to be done.

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-
    Yeah, does anyone know how much that would cost? Would the insurance cover it, and would there be some sort of deductible?

Quote Originally Posted by illdini View Post
    From what a Sprint customer told me on the phone earlier this month (this was unofficial); if you have the Total Equipment Protection plan you would be able to either take it to a repair center or you would be given a replacement phone (both as free options).

I'm guessing that without the Sprint TEP, within 1 year after purchase it would be covered by manufacturer's warranty.
    Thx. Would this replacement phone be a refurbished phone?

Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    Thx. Would this replacement phone be a refurbished phone?
    Depends on how soon your phone is in need of repair or replacement. Right now I assume there isn't enough stock to have any refurbished models laying around so chances are you will receive a brand new phone, but as time goes on and more circulate then the chances of you receiving a refurbished model increases. This is how it always is with the release of new phones.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolboi View Post
    Depends on how soon your phone is in need of repair or replacement. Right now I assume there isn't enough stock to have any refurbished models laying around so chances are you will receive a brand new phone, but as time goes on and more circulate then the chances of you receiving a refurbished model increases. This is how it always is with the release of new phones.
    Ok, thx.

So typical work day with my OG EVO got battery down to around 30-40%, with the 3500 extended battery it was down to 70-80%, now this EVO has promise. I will admit though, i can kill the battery quicker( like in 10 hours) with heavy use, but the same went for my OG EVO with the extended battery under same conditions, so I'm happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-28-15-52-04.jpg  

No complaints about battery life at all!!!

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338247534612.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338247550437.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post

The reason why that happens is to prevent the battery from over heating most chargers do that when its full it doesn't take a charge but when the battery drops a little then it will recharge again

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

So far the battery is very impressive. After 12 hours I have about 73% left. It was a little lighter usage day for me but still impressive. My OG EVO would be dead by now.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

i went to sleep last night with the battery at 19%. i didnt plug it in to see if it would die. i woke up 10 hours later with the battery at 14%. not bad

Light use today, got few more hours than normal. I switched the brightness from brightest to automatic.

One more from today, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-28-23-55-31.jpg  

Sent from my EVO4GLTE using Android Central Forums

I'm jealous my battery is looking like the OG EVO today!!! What's wrong?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338329227128.jpg  

Im just excited to see the difference between this and the original Evo.

I'm getting great battery life too. When I go to work (hospital), thats when the battery drains the most. I have crappy signal at work. I was using the roam control app on my 3d at work until sprint called and said I was using too much data roaming.

For the most part I just stay on wifi the whole time I'm at work and its a little better

Here is mine. I'm impressed! Never would've even thought about trying this w/my OG EVO!! I used the phone for light texting today, no phone calls, but a lot of internet surfing. I left the screen on auto brightness. I also didn't enable my Juice Defender or turn off ANY synching. Had to see what this baby could do! Oh, I also used it for 30-35 mins GPS drive home. It was fully charged this morning when I turned it on, and I never hooked it up to the charger. Imagine what it would do if I enabled Juice Defender or turned off synching (set it to manual)?!

Forgot to mention I was on Wi-Fi most of the time, but did spend over 1 hr on 3G during lunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-battery-life-screen-shot.jpg  

How on earth are you all getting such excellent battery life? Ever since I got it last Friday I remembered charging it twice the 2nd day I received it. Here is what it looks like as of right now.

Am I on pace for a 2nd charge by this afternoon?

Sent from my eVo LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338402346874.jpg  

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by akodoreign View Post
    Roam / Wifi most of the day. Played 2 levels of Peggle and watched 30 minutes of Lord of Winterfell episode of Game Of Thrones. 1 phone call 20+ texts..

Pretty happy with it. Did however switch from lte\cdma to cdma in wireless settings.
    That is the key, switching to cdma prevents the phone from constantly searching for Sprint's non existent LTE network.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast