Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Life

Disclosure: My phone was connected to wi-fi most of the time.

I don't see how people are getting such horrible battery life. I've used the crap out of my phone the last past week and I have 60% battery after one day. I turn mobile network and all that off when I'm not using it, there's no point of having the radios or antennas on if your not going to use it.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

the average of get is one day before every recharge which would be around 50-70% average

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

My battery life has been pretty darn good.
    This was the results after trying a full day of LTE/cdma with no wifi. Obviously I wasn't connected to LTE though. My average signal strength was low almost the entire day at around 1-3 bars.

The biggest surprise to me was how much battery phone calls used. I had about 1.5hrs of calls, and you can see the drain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338548205163.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338548214542.jpg  

so what tricks to extend the battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    My battery drained 50% over ten hours of me not touching it at all. Looking at CPU spy the phone is not going into deep sleep, the lowest clock speed the processor will go is 384 MHz. It looks like sm8921_eoc seems to be keeping it awake according to BetterBatteryStats. The question is, what exactly is sm8921_eoc?
    I did some digging through the settings of my installed Apps and found the following... Words with Friends was checking every 5 minutes if it was my turn on any games I was playing. That is a good way to ensure my phone will never really go into a power saving mode. I changed the setting to 12 hours and rebooted the phone afterwards. Within minutes of the screen being off the processor was in deep sleep which I did not see occur over 12 hour period with the phone not being used at all.

Battery drain dropped from about 7% per hour when idle to 1.5% per hour when idle. I still think there is plenty of room for improvement so I am not done digging yet

seems to me that it's not much better than my gs2. It doesn't matter to me how many hours people get but screen on time. I can get three hours with my gs2. Anyone getting more?

Guess I am just a normal user, but I am loving this battery life after the OG EVO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-2012-06-01_07-20-09.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    seems to me that it's not much better than my gs2. It doesn't matter to me how many hours people get but screen on time. I can get three hours with my gs2. Anyone getting more?
    How many hours total do you get with 3hrs screen on time?

Based on my latest usage, I could get about 6hrs of screen on time with about 12hrs total.

Hey guys, just had a question about the charging behavior with the phone. Does the new Evo act like the OG Evo when charging overnight? The thing where it will charge to 100%, then stay at 100%, but when you unplug it, the percentage drops suddenly because it stops actually giving it any charge when it hit 100%. Thanks.
    Uncle Louie likes this.

Mine doesn't seem to have the OG EVO post charge quick-drop, and "bump" charging doesn't seem to bring any change or improvement to apparent battery level.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

almost 2 full days....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-06-01-12-12-55.jpg  

My Evo gets heavy usage on a day to day and this is the best battery usage I've ever seen from a android phone hands down.:thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Robynsnest View Post
    so what tricks to extend the battery life?
    That's easy, here are 3 easy steps:

1. Purchase EVO 4G LTE
    2. Activate EVO 4G LTE
    3. Use EVO 4G LTE

Battery life is simply beyond belief. I no longer live in fear of not being able to find a charger.

The only modification I did was turn off LTE.
    ericj12 likes this.

Do you all have any notifications turned on such as ESPN, Facebook, Gmail, ANdroid Central notification, etc.

I turned LTE off and that improved life about quite a bit for me. Just received a PRL update today and a profile update last night, will that help with battery life?

Heres what I got last night. I was playing that island game before bed but this seemed like it was one of my best thus far.
    CORRECTION: My average high is 10-11 1/2 hours and that was me handling this device all day.

Last edited by htc evo 4g; 06-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Do you all have any notifications turned on such as ESPN, Facebook, Gmail, ANdroid Central notification, etc.

I turned LTE off and that improved life about quite a bit for me. Just received a PRL update today and a profile update last night, will that help with battery life?

Heres what I got last night. I was playing that island game before bed but this seemed like it was one of my best thus far.

i dont have any notifications turned off and i posted a pic a couple spots up of my battery lasting almost 2 days. moderate use. it's been a week and i still can't put this thing down...

I love this battery, I only have to charge it for maybe fifteen minutes, and it's good for the day. Not a full charge. But good enough for me. My EVO 3d battery was horrible, ghost charges and everything.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by decke003 View Post
    How many hours total do you get with 3hrs screen on time?

Based on my latest usage, I could get about 6hrs of screen on time with about 12hrs total.
    With the evo lte? That's pretty good. It varies how long, sometimes I can make it through the day and sometimes not depending on what I'm doing and how often I put it down for.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    OK, results are in. TODAY was a totally different experience. I was on battery for 9.5 hours, and at 90% battery!!! WiFi 29%, Cell standby 23%, Phone idle 21%, Screen 18%, Android OS 4%. Yep- 4%. And more importantly, the CPU total was 3 min instead of 60 and the Keep awake was 7 min instead of 9 hours.

So, what changed? [...] As I said above, it appears to have been re-enabling those disabled apps. But I also changed the WiFi back to the default of off for "Best Wi-Fi performance" (which I don't think is the key). Tomorrow I will do another test just to make sure.
    OK, I was wrong. It has nothing to do with disabling built in applications. It is all about the "Best Wi-Fi performance" setting. I tested it multiple times and I am positive that is the problem.

DO NOT TURN ON THE "Best Wi-Fi performance" setting!!! On the Evo LTE, it will DESTROY your battery life by consuming tons of CPU and keeping the CPU awake all the time, regardless of if you are using the phone or not. This has nothing do to with other settings such as "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" (which I have set to "Always" with no problem)

What is even more annoying is that nobody out there can point to a definitive explanation of exactly what that setting does, anyway. The word "performance" is meaningless- could be bus speed, chip speed, negotiated speed, battery impact, awake times, connect times, transmit power levels.... just about anything.

This appears to be such a horrible bug, I am starting a new thread about it so people can be suitably warned. DO NOT USE "Best Wi-Fi performance"!

Earlier today

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338602516901.jpg   Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338602528563.jpg  

Man I love this phone!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1338745631065.jpg  

Got phone yesterday, horrible battery life! Even in standby mode it seems to drain more than my Shift. Went down to about 1/3 battery, took 4hrs to fully charge. Need help.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
    Got phone yesterday, horrible battery life! Even in standby mode it seems to drain more than my Shift. Went down to about 1/3 battery, took 4hrs to fully charge. Need help.
    Went down to 1/3 from what in how long?
    Install CPU Spy and see if your phone is ever going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Went down to 1/3 from what in how long?
    Install CPU Spy and see if your phone is ever going to sleep.
    6hrs on standby after fully charged.

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

At almost 13hours with 32% left after a heavy day. Impressed? You bet!
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast