Battery Life

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
In some instances it may be that users are charging their phones, but not noticing that the battery history has not reset to 00.00.00.00.... For me, if it has not reset, then I restart the phone.

That is only the "time on battery" statistics. The actually battery life, itself, is still accurate, regardless.

With me, and with some light use - 5-10 text messages, 3-4 calls (Airave), 30 min of internet use, using wifi, hardly any 3G signal indoors, I get about 15-18 hrs out of the battery before charging.

Battery life is affected by so many things, even with light use. 3G signal level in stand-by is probably one factor that can severely affect runtime and varies greatly from location to location.

I fear one reason it appears battery life is so wonderful for many people on standby is because the phone is dropping WiFi completely when asleep, even though it is not supposed to unless set that way... http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/178779-wifi-disconnects-sleep.html

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
@susanoo26

In some instances it may be that users are charging their phones, but not noticing that the battery history has not reset to 00.00.00.00.... For me, if it has not reset, then I restart the phone.

With me, and with some light use - 5-10 text messages, 3-4 calls (Airave), 30 min of internet use, using wifi, hardly any 3G signal indoors, I get about 15-18 hrs out of the battery before charging.

You're absolutely right, but you would see the graphics have an incline in it and not just declines.

If I were to leave my phone untouched with very light usage I could easily get 48 hours... As it is now, I get between 18 and 20.

In that case the picture would look like this one :

susanoo26

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You're absolutely right, but you would see the graphics have an incline in it and not just declines.

If I were to leave my phone untouched with very light usage I could easily get 48 hours... As it is now, I get between 18 and 20.

In that case the picture would look like this one :

But within that 21 hours you must've plugged it in at some point right? This isn't directed at you as a shot, but I find it impossible that people are getting this type of battery output without charging it at some point. My battery life is more along reviews I've read where medium-heavy usage will get you about 5-7 hours.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
But within that 21 hours you must've plugged it in at some point right? This isn't directed at you as a shot, but I find it impossible that people are getting this type of battery output without charging it at some point. My battery life is more along reviews I've read where medium-heavy usage will get you about 5-7 hours.
Light usage I've gotten 50hrs. on a single full charge. I've gotten at least 13hrs on a single charge before I turned off full brightness. On some days I stream radio for several hrs. As long as I have it fully charged right before I go to bed, it will easily make it to next evening. My last charge lasted 1day 9hrs.

npoz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This thread reminds of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tests drives the car and sees how far he can go on a tank of gas without refilling.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

First, if you look at that screen shot I provided, I did have it plugged in for a little bit there at the end. But, I've easily gotten 20 hours with medium usage (2-3 hours screen on time, streaming a couple hours of music some surfing, some testing, and a couple of phone calls.

I have made it a "full day" (18 hours) ever since I've had this beast.

Barring something wrong with your phone, either you usage pattern is a lot higher than mine or you have poor service compared to mine. Have you switched your network mode to CDMA only from CDMA/LTE?

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah back to normal use and...

ad45b4a5-bfed-ef11.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You guys must not be using your phone AT ALL to get 1day + of juice out of it! I got 10 hours out of mine with minimal use, auto screen brightness turned on with little phone time. When I do use it heavily I get 6 hours MAX. I love the EVO too, but come on. lol

I'm with you bro. Either they don't use their phones or don't have any apps downloaded on it. Anything over 15hrs and I'm pleased. They must just let their phones just sit idle because if you look at their screenshots hardly anything is running. I didn't buy this thing to just let it sit around, I bought this things to utilize every feature possible: apps, music, movies, camera, email, texts, calls, etc. and I'm getting just over 15hrs on about 3-4 bars of signal strength and 50/50 between 3g and wifi.

Last edited:
Reactions: susanoo26

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So are you suggesting others should match your use case?

Peoplea re simply posting whta their battery life is like...i'm similar, i get easily 12-18 hours. And this is with heavy screen on time from tapatalk since i basically use the phone like a tablet when i'm home.

Compare that to the OG evo or hell my windows phone i came from and its exactly all i need from a phone.

If you play any intensive 3D games ALL phones will take a battery hit. The key here is stand by battery is one of the best out of any android devices imo and for normal use I find it very good in my use cases.

I don't know how others use the phone, but i guess thats not my problem them.

::kanye shrug::

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hell here you go....I actually unplugged my phone right around 8:30am....i did a restart in the middle of the day because of the disappearing Chrome icon after the update so don't pay attention to time on battery as its incorrect.

So this is 8:30am to 1:05am: 17 and 1/2 hours.

Screenshot_2012-06-09-01-04-08.png

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You guys must not be using your phone AT ALL to get 1day + of juice out of it! I got 10 hours out of mine with minimal use, auto screen brightness turned on with little phone time. When I do use it heavily I get 6 hours MAX. I love the EVO too, but come on. lol

If you are only getting 10 hours on minimal use you either don't have good service or your phone is busted.

my minimal use is on pace for 24 hours most of the time.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you are only getting 10 hours on minimal use you either don't have good service or your phone is busted.

Or has a bad app that is not doing what it should.
Or turned on "Best Wi-Fi performance" (a big no-no).
Or messed with some other settings.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's obvious that battery usage is all relative and the big thing here is that the people who are in disbelief are comparing their usage to other's usage ... If you commute by public transit and listen to music/stream videos or play games for hours, then text/talk/email etc then of course your battery life will be different ... 1) Compare usage to usage. Meaning compare your own usage now to the usage you had on your previous device ... It has got to be at least twice as good. Some of these people are claiming to ONLY get 10-12 hours on heavy use, but arent saying they were only getting 5 hours on their previous device with the same usage. 2) For the disbelievers, show us your usage ... Let us see how your using your device that isn't getting good enough battery life for you.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by susanoo26
You guys must not be using your phone AT ALL to get 1day + of juice out of it! I got 10 hours out of mine with minimal use, auto screen brightness turned on with little phone time. When I do use it heavily I get 6 hours MAX. I love the EVO too, but come on. lol.

I don't know what your definition of minimal use is (show us a screenshot), but if your definition is the same as mine and you didn't get at least a full 24hrs of battery life your phone or setup is SERIOUSLY BUSTED.

woodsk

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I am not having such good luck with battery life with wifi on I can almost watch it drain. And it takes forever to charge, seriously like 6 to 7 hours to charge.

basically it discharges faster than it charges. No biggie just gonna go exchange it, I'm sure it is just an isolated bad battery.

Love the phone, especially SVDO support since I use it for work I can get emails while on conference calls on the road.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not having such good luck with battery life with wifi on I can almost watch it drain. And it takes forever to charge, seriously like 6 to 7 hours to charge.

basically it discharges faster than it charges. No biggie just gonna go exchange it, I'm sure it is just an isolated bad battery.

Or a bad charger. Mine just charged from 9% to 100% in about 2 hours.

woodsk

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Or a bad charger. Mine just charged from 9% to 100% in about 2 hours.

Thought it might be that, so I tried usb to PC and the 3 other HTC chargers I have all with the same result. oh well.

one of the chief glories of android is how easy it is to swap devices :)

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Here my use for the day I guess this would be light average day were 9 hours of no use due to sleep screen set to auto and wifi on most of the time love the way it sips fuel at a idle :D.
from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm