Battery Life

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, and when i'm not using my phone for anything else but music, i have switch pro installed to switch off 3g data. This one trick alone would give anyone 10 fold on their battery. When i'm on lunch or on my way home i switch 3g on, check my mail and what not, then toggle 3g off again.

This is just the little things i'm use to doing do to the bad battery life i got on my og.

Okay rant over...
I'm not running that app but I have noticed when I manually switch WiFi off I can see 3G has been in a sleep mode because it then wakes up and starts to connect. I'm only guessing though this is similar to what your doing?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well Switch Pro is just an app that allows you to put toggle's on your screen. I use it to toggle my 3g just because it gives me quick and easy access rather than going into settings and turning off the 3g that way.

Besides putting your phone in airplane mode (which render's it useless) its the single most effective way to conserve battery life. If an app is running but not using data it has minimal drain on your device More on Switch Pro and a quick screen shot showing how it looks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=alei.switchpro&hl=en&token=or8qQi0G

On
2012-06-18_02-16-27.png

Off
2012-06-18_02-16-23.png

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well Switch Pro is just an app that allows you to put toggle's on your screen. I use it to toggle my 3g just because it gives me quick and easy access rather than going into settings and turning off the 3g that way.

Yes, but if you turn off 3G, I believe you render your phone no longer a phone- right? No more incoming text or phone calls?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
No, 3G is just data. Phone calls and texts don't come via data, they come via the phone radio.

OK, that is good to know. I was thinking perhaps phone/text was something different, but also, HTC and others are famous for lumping in multiple functionality into one label to either be sly or as an attempt to not confuse users (which makes it much worse for me).

Case in point- the "3G" symbol on the status bar on many phones is a lie. You can be connected via 2G and it never says "2G", it still shows "3G". I think on some models, it will even say "3G" when connected at 1G (1XRTT)!

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal for the screen to be using this much battery? Ever since I've gotten this replacement the other day, the lowest I've seen it is at 59% and that was very briefly. It use to be on auto brightness but last night I moved the bar to very low. I had it unplugged over night and this was the most it has gotten. Does it still need time to "break in" or something? I got this replacment the other day.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use 2x battery on my LTEVO. It is more of a battery percentage widget in the notification bar more than actually saving battery life. I get between 10 and 20 hours of life in my day to day. 10 hours when I work because working in a slow traffic sprint store ='s lots of "studying"? With normal day to day , checking emails, texting, facebook, and constantly taking pictures and video; I'm getting easily around 15-20. Overall happy coming from my Epic 4G Touch battery that seemed to drain to 50% while I'm laying in bed checking emails and texts for about 30 minutes.

dowhtiwnt

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely cannot believe the battery life you guys are experiencing. I get nothing like what you all are reporting. Take it off the charger before work in the morning, and it's back on after lunch about 7 hours later, and that's with me pushing it to make 7 hours. Looking at my stats now...I've been on battery 3 1/2 hours, and I'm already at less than 50%, and I haven't really used it in that time. What's your secret?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely cannot believe the battery life you guys are experiencing. I get nothing like what you all are reporting. Take it off the charger before work in the morning, and it's back on after lunch about 7 hours later, and that's with me pushing it to make 7 hours. Looking at my stats now...I've been on battery 3 1/2 hours, and I'm already at less than 50%, and I haven't really used it in that time. What's your secret?

Sounds like you definitely have something wrong there. Is the phone only barely getting signal?

The people getting 2+ days seem crazy, but I haven't been able to kill the phone in under 12-13 hours. But that's when I'm somewhere with bad coverage and I use the phone a lot. If I'm getting a good signal and go easier on the usage, 30-36 hours is normal.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So this is what I've been getting. As you can see its not good. I've also had to charge it around 5 or so hours of use. And this is with the advice I've gotten in this forum. Any suggestions after seeing my usage?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Wow. How many hours is in your screen usage? This seems to eat up the battery.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the EVO LTE is a much better battery than the Galaxy nexus, but then I can remove mine in my GNex lol

Is anyone using Juice Defender or any apps like that?

susanoo26

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Don't believe the hype. While alot of people say they get super long battery life, they are not telling the full story. If you look at their usage bars and stats you can discern they've left their phones idle for long periods of time yet claim "moderate to heavy use". Its deceiving. Real usage seems to yield about the results you're getting. Its not you, its them. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke