Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Battery Life

Ok this is funny because someone said yesterday on the shipping first thread that the 3rd or 4th gripe would be battery life. I am not complaining about battery life I promise.

I do want to say though. I had no idea that Sprints network was so crippled without 4G. The 3G network is horrible.Horrible might be a understatement. It does bring me to the title of this post though. How the heck can we judge battery life on these handsets without a network that is reliable. My signal quality is less than outstanding, my workplace is a black hole for signal so I'm sure its not giving me and favors there.

I love this phone but what I'm afraid of is that when LTE is finally up and running or Network Vision is completed we may find ourselves with handsets that MIGHT last 4 hours or so and no replaceable battery. Any thoughts?

Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1337967945855.jpg

3 of those hours were spent in the black hole of my office with barely any service playing draw something...still got 6 hours...I was impressed since my OG EVO would have been on the charger the whole time

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-
    Thanked by:
    mhuggins likes this.

Not bad I got a little over 6 hours playing sirius and a little reading on here today

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Here's mine. I'm happy. We'll see with LTE. Playing nonstop it seems.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1337974953181.jpg  
    I love my EVO LTE

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

No one really knows how well (or not so well) this phone will do once LTE connections are available. Either get use to plugging it in throughout the day, or get some kind of case oe external battery pack that will keep it alive when it's low on juice. I personally can't wait to root and ROM this phone and get a custom kernel on here that will give me 15+ hours and maybe even get me to 2GHz!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    Robbie317 likes this.

Default Re: Battery Life

Roam / Wifi most of the day. Played 2 levels of Peggle and watched 30 minutes of Lord of Winterfell episode of Game Of Thrones. 1 phone call 20+ texts..

Pretty happy with it. Did however switch from lte\cdma to cdma in wireless settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-2012-05-25_15-25-13.jpg  
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Doing pretty good here. This is a pretty typical day of usage for me including exchange activesync set to push.

Sent from my EvoLTE using Tapatalk 2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-screenshot_2012-05-25-16-40-35.jpg  

My screen wasn't on as much as everyone else in this thread, but I'm just glad I didn't have to plug the phone up by now.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1337989152301.jpg  

I'm loving this phone, battery life was the main reason I switched from my OG EVO. It barely lasted 4 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1337986076917.jpg  

Won't it eat more battery if you leave lte on then if lte was actually on/being used?

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

I'm loving the battery life on my phone so far, I'm at 50% currently and usually after a work day with my EVO Shift I'd be at like 20% or so.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone know how to turn off haptic feedback? Been messing around and its probably right in front of me...thanks in advance

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feech View Post
    Ok this is funny because someone said yesterday on the shipping first thread that the 3rd or 4th gripe would be battery life. I am not complaining about battery life I promise.

I do want to say though. I had no idea that Sprints network was so crippled without 4G. The 3G network is horrible.Horrible might be a understatement. It does bring me to the title of this post though. How the heck can we judge battery life on these handsets without a network that is reliable. My signal quality is less than outstanding, my workplace is a black hole for signal so I'm sure its not giving me and favors there.

I love this phone but what I'm afraid of is that when LTE is finally up and running or Network Vision is completed we may find ourselves with handsets that MIGHT last 4 hours or so and no replaceable battery. Any thoughts?
    From my understanding, when Sprint enables the 800Mhz spectrum, it will be like having a Blackberry device.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamm83 View Post
    Anyone know how to turn off haptic feedback? Been messing around and its probably right in front of me...thanks in advance

settings>language and keyboard>htc sense input>vibration feedback
    Thanked by:
    Bamm83 

Also loving the battery life. On my OG Evo, by now during the day (Leave home at 8... it's now 5:15) I would have had to put my phone on my charger after lunch at 12:30 since the battery would be down under 10%.

It's 5:15. My LTEVO has not been plugged in since I woke up... I'm at 46%. I can actually use this phone like a normal person and not always have to be 4 feet from a pwer outlet!! Hooray!! Could not be happier with the battery life right now.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I don't test these things scientifically, but I came from a Nexus S, and my first 24 hours impression is this battery will last much longer than the Nexus. So I'm happy.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I have been playing with my phone off and on all day. Wifi on the whole time. Amazing battery

Edit...well obviously I failed at posting my picture lol

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judacles View Post
    It's 5:15. My LTEVO has not been plugged in since I woke up... I'm at 46%.
    I hope you didn't wake up at noon!

Quote Originally Posted by frohoss View Post
    I hope you didn't wake up at noon!
    Seeing as how he left home at 8, I hope you're right about that..

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

mine was running gps a lot today and still playing with it so far im happy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-2012-05-25-21.43.00.jpg   Battery Life-2012-05-25-21.43.04.jpg   Battery Life-2012-05-25-21.43.14.jpg  

ROM
    tommytomato evo classic

Do any of u use juice defender? Under certain conditions, set-ups, etc., my og EVO would last 3 days with moderate use. I was using Android 1.0 tho, not the battery beastware 4.0

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    Sailing the Amazon river with Jacques Cousteau looking for my EVO LTE.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1337998811465.jpg  

ROM
    tommytomato evo classic

Never heard of that battery app. The big thing with juice defender is it turns radios, WiFi, 3g/4g off while screen is locked. Also limits the frequency email and social networks update to shave some more juice off the battery.

Sailing the Amazon river with Jacques Cousteau looking for my EVO LTE.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonicia View Post
    Do any of u use juice defender? Under certain conditions, set-ups, etc., my og EVO would last 3 days with moderate use. I was using Android 1.0 tho, not the battery beastware 4.0

No, the only battery app thing I use is Badass battery monitor its great. I tried the defender once on my epic touch and was confused with it

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast