How to restore the functionality lost due the Apple "patent"

macboy80

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like to propose a discussion for those much smarter than me:

How can we "stick it" to Apple and improve our experience by restoring the software features lost due to Apple's patent claim?

Personally, I am hoping there is an option other that eventual root and a "vanilla" rom. I am a sense fan and wouldn't want to loose it.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Dude, just because u root your phone doesn't mean u have to install a non-Sense Rom. The software feature involved in the patent isn't anything special. The only "feature" lost is the ability to select different options when u long press a phone number.

Writing it into a Sense based Rom would literally involve changing maybe 3 lines of code at the most. Really only one if then statement and that's it.

Including it in a Rom just to stick it to Apple would be a cool little feature the developer could add. It isn't anything game changing tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just play along with it, geez, like I have anything better to do without a new phone to play on.

The best way to hurt Apple is to not buy their products. Actually, it is probably going to come to Android phone manufacturers having to pay Apple a certain amount per phone to cover their patent licensing.

So, even buying an expensive new Android phone u will be giving Apple money.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang