Switch TuneIn Radio to Pandora in the HTC Car app?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to switch the HTC Car app from using TuneIn radio to using Pandora instead? I went through the car app's options and some TuneIn options aswell but couldn't find anything.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look like you can replace it. I know with third party car mode apps, like Custom Car Home, you can choose any app to be on the main screen. It's not as pretty as the stock app, but it'll do what you want.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Strange that HTC didn't make this an option. It really limits the amount I will use the app. Wonder if they got a check from TuneIn. I'm sure there is a developer out there who can do some fine tuning to make it a bit more user friendlly.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lilnate99

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about HTC making a update to this app? Yes not being able to change your muisc to Google music or to pandora or I Heart radio limits this app alot!!

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
TuneIn has a lot of stations in the service, including some clearchannel stations, at least in my market anyway, so if you use the iheartradio app, try searching in the tune in listings first.

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Jay Prabhu

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
In the app drawer, navigate to the stock Music app by HTC ? the one with the red musical note.
Tap*Menu*>*Add app shortcut.
Select your desired app from the list, but keep in mind that you?re limited to eight shortcuts in the music app. (Interestingly enough, the app you select doesn?t necessarily have to be a music-related app; you can select Gmail, for example.)
Next, open the Car app.
Swipe from right to left, until you reach ?Music apps.? (You should only have to swipe twice.)
Select whichever app you want.
Exit out of that app, and exit out of car mode.
That?s it! The next time you enter car mode, the app that you selected above will appear as the fourth icon in car mode.yt?

Paul Elli 7479

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Its not that you cannot change the Lower right tile in HTC Car, its just a wierd procedure.... to do this 1. Exit the Car App (Home screen). 2. goto Music, 3. Press the < arrow in the left corner, 4. press + (Settings), 5. add app. 6. Then Touch and open that app. 7. then goto home screen and 8. Run Car. the selected app is now the lower right tile.